Top Secret File Question

embowles

Recruit
Many of the links seem "broken" in what has been a very useful resource file pinned at the top of the Evinrude Johnson outboard forum. Is there anyone working on getting this fixed?

Last edited by a moderator:

southkogs

Staff member
There are. If you report which links you're referring to specifically, it will actually help us figure out what still needs updated.

bwkre

Petty Officer 2nd Class
There are. If you report which links you're referring to specifically, it will actually help us figure out what still needs updated.
too long to list as there are only 3 or 4 that actually work.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I don't like to say this, but when they are fixed, they are fixed. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of links built up since the early days of the forum.

They may get deleted and we'll start all over.

fishingpapa1001

Recruit
I don't like to say this, but when they are fixed, they are fixed. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of links built up since the early days of the forum.

They may get deleted and we'll start all over.
Thanks for all that you do, I know it is a huge job.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Part of the issue is many of the old links to sites outside of iboats no longer work, even if the forum links get fixed.

Manual links for example. Most sites listing manuals no longer exist

outboardbooks.com is the only legal source for OMC, Evinrude and johnson manuals. The whole copyright issue pretty much took out most, the java support took out the remainder