Fuel pump

dieselcat

Petty Officer 1st Class
The part # for the fuel pump for my 1995 88 spl is 433387.I searched the web for a pump and all of em i find that replaces this part # says it's for a 25-55hp motor up to 1989,doesn't make since.can someone help me with this?
If the pump is only made to provide enough fuel for a 55hp motor,thern how is it gonna fuel a 88hp motor?

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fuel pump

The amount of fuel supplied has nothing to do with it. What does matter is that it fits, and the hose nipples are the right diameter, and pointed in the right direction. The final determining factor is how it gets the pulses to operate it. Some have a hole in the back for that and some have a third nipple for a pulse hose.

dieselcat

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Fuel pump

The amount of fuel supplied has nothing to do with it. What does matter is that it fits, and the hose nipples are the right diameter, and pointed in the right direction. The final determining factor is how it gets the pulses to operate it. Some have a hole in the back for that and some have a third nipple for a pulse hose.

Does it matter which direction the nipple for the inlet on the pump is pointed when the pump is installed on motor?mine is pointed directly at my starter and the outlet[going from pump to carbs]is facing straight down.