Belive it or not before I built the t-top and had my gps hooked up it would
tac 6300 rpm don't know the speed but it was a rush. Installed the top and
now it tac's 5300 rpm and 54 mph. Did not know the top would cause so
much DRAG.

studlymandingo

Commander
Re: Winner Center Console

winnercc.jpg

That is one sweet looking 1850!!! I bet that 200 kicks that thing in the butt!!!

gizzy

Seaman

Is your boat a 2 cycle? I really like mine. So much less messing around keeping it running good, espicially having older model engines. I noticed using a quality 2 cycle engine oil the plugs stay cleaner longer. Also doesn't smoke as much... I love my winner.

whitecap

Cadet

would not have a 4 stroke to much to go wrong.gizzy we will have to meet up at the pass one day.

yankeerebel

Recruit

new here, learning very much! Just bought 1986 Winner1850 Sea Quest for $2000 is that a good price? still cleaning up. Has a 120 Evinrude

gizzy

Seaman

Do you have any pictures you can post. $2000 is cheap. Depends on how much work it needs. I'd would really check the integrity of your boat... gl.

yankeerebel

Recruit

one pic.need to take more now pics!

Attachments

• php5wnO2vPM.jpg
    php5wnO2vPM.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 4

Ken Barber

Seaman

Hi YankeeRebel,

From the one picture it looks like you got a good deal! If the floors are solid and the compressions is good, you can't beat a fun boat for only $2,000. I bought my 89 with a 140 eveinrude and trailer for 5700 two years ago. I have done a lot to it (see pics in a previous post) and love the boat, as does everyone on this forum. Extremely solid boats.

Happy motoring!

Ken

Ken Barber

Seaman

Hi everyone,

Very quiet on the Winner CC forum. I guess you are all, like me, sad to put the boat under the tarp for the next six months.

A quick question for you - when I winterized my 89 evinrude 140, the oil was milky, meaning I got some water in it over the summer. The engine ran great all season, and the oil still had a lot of viscosity left. I believe the water came in from the oil plugs, which I put back last year without new 0-rings. My plan is to run the engine next spriing and see if it get's milky again (yes, I did winerize with new o-rings this time) . Just wondering if anybody else has any advice pro or con with this plan.

Thanks

Ken

Ron Davis

Cadet

Hi Ken,

I haven't been posting lately because my engine keeps quiting on me. I've got a fuel flow problem. I'm ready to fire my mechanic, the guys lazy, but, since I'm my own mechanic, I don't want to pay for his replacement.

I think your referring to your lower unit oil. Getting the water out before it causes corrosion is the most important thing. If it were mine I might fill it, then change it again soon, to pull out any residual water.

You could keep an eye on it early next season to ensure that you don't have another problem.

Ron Davis

Ron Davis

Cadet

Well I got the fuel flow problem fixed. I also got a set of Smart Tabs for Christmas, they're installed. Now I need to go test them. The weather here today has been predicted as constant rain. It's not working out that way. maybe I give it a shot.

Ron Davis

Cadet

Ron, I had my engine re-built with 2006 parts. I know they screwed up my original engine and replaced it with a new power head. I'm not sure as the parts they used here. But my fishfinder and gps both verified the top end speed. My tack is running at 5700 rpms at this speed. I can't run this at this speed all the time either. The Gulf of Mexico isn't flat, But every now in then I open it up it keep it clean...

I think I know why the newer 150 outperforms the older ones. I was asking my local marina owner about a repower and he told me that I would only need to repower with a 135 to get equal performance to my 150. He says that the Outboard industry changed the way they measure horsepower some time ago, they used to measure it at the bottom of the engine, before the gear train and it's associated losses and they switched to measuring it at the prop.

So in today's output rating I'm only running 135 Horsepower.

gizzy

Seaman

Weather has been nice here for the past few days. Been getting my boat ready for this season coming. Waiting for cobia or ling to come in early march. I re-did my teak wood and serviced the lower unit. Does anyone know if you need to replace the water pump every year or not? Installed a new helm and tach. Glad I replaced the helm after I saw how rusted thru the shaft was. I sure am glad it didn't leave me stranded last season...

lordoftheflies

Recruit
Did Winner make a 20' CC?

Did Winner make a 20' CC?

I'm looking at a Winner CC right now which was advertised as a 20 footer. After reading through the posts, I'm not overly concerned with whether it's actually 20 feet or not, because everyone seems duly impressed with performance. Just wondering...

Ken Barber

Seaman

Hi Flies,

There is another post from a 20" winner owner in Michigan on this site They did make the 20 with a good size CC and room for a portable head. Check the other posts.

Ken

gizzy

Seaman

Welcome Lordoftheflies...Are you still on the hunt? I have to say that it is a shame that Winner is'nt in buisness any more.Looks like 89 was the last year. They are fantastic boats. The ride is amazing and very comfortable. I've done some up grades on mine. I love it. I have a center console that is one of the only ones to have a 8'6" beam. So they are roomy to run from bow to stern.Very strong and durable boat. Good luck ...

revitup

Cadet

hey guys, just found this forum and am considering buying my uncles 1988 winner 1850 cc. it lives in florida and has a mariner 175 on it with about 300 hours. he generally takes great care of his toys so i'm pretty comfortable with the shape it's in. the only problem is we are not sure what it is worth. Also, it comes with a trailer. what do you guys think i should pay. thanks.

Ken Barber

Seaman

Welcome Revitup.

If you watch the posts, folks have paid from 2,000 and up for your boat. I paid 5700 a few years ago for an 89 with an Evinrude 140 in very nice shape. If it was my uncle, I would offer him 4 grand and say thank you very much if it is in good shape. He could probably do better on the open market, but what are uncles for?

Of course, it is always a matter of supply and demand in the area that you reside. Winners are not a well known name, so folks aren't clamoring for a clean used Winner like they would be a Grady White, but that is just 'cause they do not know what a great boat the Winner CC is.

that's my opinion...

Ken

revitup

Cadet

Thanks for your opinion. I was thinking 4500, so we are close. I look forward to the boat and using this forum. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.