Winner Center Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizzy

Seaman
Re: Winner Center Console

what I do every once in a wile is take the gas cap off and blow the air hose at light pressure until I here it bubbling in the tank, and I have a water separator with the clear bowl on it just to make sure what goes back up the line doesn't come back in the motor, just using it will also help as my boat sat in a barn unregistered for a few years, but now she fires right up and runs great all day, just have to change the trim and tilt motor this weekend, but I think it's every bit worth dumping some cash into, just not all the time, I look on craigslist every day and cant seem to find a boat that is more appealing in this price range

Hi Penny. Welcome also. I've haad my Winner Sea Quest now going on 3 years. I'll never part with it. I've done a few mile stones with it. Anyhow, I have 2 tilt and trim motors if you can't find one reasonable. My pumps went out on my original one and bought two from ebay that both of them was like my old one. So I bought another and I'm happy with it. I could re sale the ones I bought, but I couldn't live with the thoughts of ripping anyone off. So if you need one I'll sale for $35.00. My name is Darren if you need one.

SeaSick1

Cadet

Hi Gizzy,

Do you still have those tilt and trim motors?

Jessica

EDIT: Phone number removed. Please use the PM system. Thanks. - ezmobee

gizzy

Seaman

Hi Gizzy,

Do you still have those tilt and trim motors? If so, please call me at 949-302-92369.

Jessica

Yes I can give a call. Sorry for not checking our forum. Also double check you number to see if that is right. Darren

pny212

Seaman

just spent 3 hours today changing the trim / tilt motor, what a pain in the A, you have to remove the starboard side bracket to get to the hex bolt behind it,
then put it back together without releasing the screw to bleed the motor down, so I had to take it off again as my plastic nut is so chewed up I had to use a vise grip to turn it, hope it's easier on omc motors

gizzy

Seaman

I have a 1986 Winner 1850 that I been restoring and using since March 2007. . This boat is amazing on what all it's capable of. I go 30 miles out in the Gulf of Mexico and or cruise up the river into a sleuth in skinny water and fish. Not to mention the speed. I have a 1989 Johnson 175hp outboard. My Gps indicates 65mph topped out. These boats can really fly to your fishing spot! Anyhow, I painted my boat which, it came out fine. Maintain the teak wood, and everything else you can say is new except the helm wheel. Important for the value of these boats, if you own a WINNER you know the BOOK VALUES mean nothing. The integrity of these boats are 1st to none back in the day. And to find another to replace it is hard to do Also in addition to the fiberglass, The hull is Styrofoam and if you read into history, the Winner was the only boats that had that type of hull with the styrofoam blown in during building. At that time the Coast Guard took the Winner idea and from then on all boats had to have the Styrofoam blown in type hull. Anyhow ,I hope there still is a Winner owner on this forum.

winner owner

Seaman

Hey gizzy

I still have my 1986 Winner 1850,and no thoughts of parting with her.
Mine has the u shaped transom where the outboard sits,is your transom the same or you have
the full transom? I was wondering if you have experience with my type transom offshore.
I want to take her offshore bad but am concerned if my transom design can handle what the big water throws at me.

cheers

gizzy

Seaman

We have never had any problems out there in big water. I got caught up in some high seas and she performed fine. What helped my boat is , I put trim tabs on and it helps the stability and so on. Otherwise I'm almost done restoring my boat. As far as the transom I believe it's high enough. I never had water come over the transom. Hope this helps.

pny212

Seaman

I have a 88 1850 with a merc 150 keep thinking of selling it but I could never replace it, have had it 20-25 miles off shore Cape Canaveral Fl with no issues of water coming in the transom and it got to 3-5 that day and the boat is like a pit bull out there

winner owner

Seaman

Small world pny! We usually hang out and fish at the Ponce.
We have been coming down for years from Toronto Canada.

Cheers

wasn't me

Recruit

I own a winner center console, 22' and was wondering if anyone could give me an idea where to find more info on the boat. Boat & Knives 011.jpg I have owned it for about six years and have done many upgrades and have changed the looks of the back of the boat. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

gizzy

Seaman

I own a winner center console, 22' and was wondering if anyone could give me an idea where to find more info on the boat. View attachment 149866 I have owned it for about six years and have done many upgrades and have changed the looks of the back of the boat. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, has anyone welcomed you aboard? I've had my Winner since March 07. And I sunk at least about a thousand a year into it. That includes replacing engines and so on. But, I love my boat. The way it runs like new. I also painted the boat and replaced everything. Re-wired completely and ect. Anyhow: Someone along time ago posted a whole book he found. It should still be here in the forum somewhere. Thanks for your posting.

winner owner

Seaman
Because I was a little upset that you deleted my post from yesterday.However in the future, I will start my own topic.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Because I was a little upset that you deleted my post from yesterday.However in the future, I will start my own topic.

Thank you. You can post in old threads when you start the thread originally. Since you aren't the OP, anything can happen to your post.

Brob

Recruit
Hey Guys,

Just checking in here. I am the original poster of this thread; though I've long been unable to retrieve the login information for my "studlymandingo" account. I still have this same Winner 1850 center console and I just pulled it out to do some work on the old Mariner. I was having trouble locating my engine manual (I think my wife "cleaned up") and I was having even less luck deciphering the serial number to get a new manual. I'm really grateful I was able to locate my old profile where I had this information.

Any of you guys still running your Winner?

Status
Not open for further replies.