Winner Center Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizzy

Seaman
Re: Winner Center Console

I paid 5 grand for mine and I felt it was worth 7500.00... These are great boats. Easy to do upgrades and so on... depends on the shape once again.

revitup

Cadet

Does anyone know the overall length of the 1850 cc with a trailer. I am trying to find out if it will fit in my garage. I have about 23' of space in the garage. The outboard is mounted on the transom it is not extended like some. Thanks.

Jethros

Seaman

My 1850cc with trailer is 24.5' from the trailer tongue to back of motor. You might have a different length. Did you try to measure yours?

revitup

Cadet

I am buying the boat off my uncle and it is currently in Florida so i do not know the length. He doesn't have it on the trailer so he is not sure either. Sounds like it might not fit.

revitup

Cadet

Thanks, I am picking her up in May and look forward to hanging around the forum. I'm sure I'll have some questions when I have it in my garage.

Smithsm

Recruit

I am now in the market for a center console either 18' or 20'. I just sold my 2280 sport yesterday - it was a great boat but will not fit in my slip in my new club.

These boats are great and not well understood by most of the public. The company made a high quality boat.

So I am back in the market for a shorter Winner.

Ken Barber

Seaman

Good news for all - Our Winner CC's are Divinely Indestructable!!

Towing on RT 93 north of Boston heading for a Harbor Islands cruise yesterday, when the trailer and tow vehicle became 2. After getting rear ended by my own Winner CC, I watched in the rearview as the trailer and boat sailed into the guardrail at 55 MPH - all by itself.. I thought I was out of boating for good!

The 3500 lb trailer crumpled in two, the guardrail got the full impact of the right fender/wheel, and it came to a screaming halt - thank god before anyone got into a crash or hurt....

No clue as to why the ball popped out of the tongue, but it was still locked and tight at the end of all this. Just a fluke? Ever hear of this happening? Believe me, those safety chains provide about 2 seconds of safety at 55 MPH, then snapped like twigs. Still have no idea where the wheel jack is.

The miracle - the Winner 18.5 had just one scrape on the bottom of the hull from the guardrail and a few minor chips in the bow! I am sold on the large tie down strap for the rear instead of the transom straps. I believe that is the only thing that kept the boat on the trailer. When the flatbed came, he said they usually send two trucks to pick up the trailer and then the boat. Not this time. She will sail again, allthough the only thing I could think to do with the hulking carcass was to tow it to a local dealer and buy a brandy new trailer - something I would never do normally. My first new toy ever....

I thought of posting some pictures, but it is still too fresh in my mind.

Top that one!!

Jethros

Seaman

Sorry for derailing this thread with a different topic but this is in responce to the last posted question....

I hooked up my 2250 to my new dually and took it to the coast for offshore fishing. Upon arriving in Canaveral i went over an over pass and there was an enormous bump. I noticed the truck all of a sudden had more power and look in the rear view mirror and see my boat and trailer was not connected to the trailer. The brake chain broke and did not engage the brake and the tow hooks on the chains just straightened out and the trailer was free rolling on the top of the overpass. I slowed down and let the boat/trailer hit the back of the truck and slowed it down and took it down the overpass and to the side of the road. Got out and looked and the toungue was under the axle and the only damage was the bumper and rear quarter panel. I found out that I was using the 2" ball not the 2 5/16" ball. The trailer was a little damaged but was able to throw a rag on the ball and rehook up. Made it to the ramp with a heck of a story! I was able to get the right ball at the marina for the safe ride home.

Yo never said how or if the toungue was locked down when it unhooked or if you were using the 2" ball or 1 3/4" ball

Ken Barber

Seaman

About my recent crash....

I was using the same 2" ball that carried the trailer for the last two years. Now that I have reviewed the accident 100 times in my mind, I believe that the trailer jack must have come down while driving. The jack was oriented to fall into lock position if that happened. The jack was nowhere to be seen after the accident, so I must admit that the jack must not have been fully locked into the traveling position. Also, I believe the previous owner added this jack, and if it was in the oriented the other side of the trailer, it would not have been able to fall into the open and locked position, it would have just bounced off of the pavement. Hope that is clear, but in the abscence of any jack pieces at all, it was the first thing to go, it must be the culprit. Still, horribly scary.

Ken

Deuce

Recruit

Hi All,

I've learned a lot about Winner boats from reading your threads. It seems that all of you are happy with them. I'm going to look at an 1988 18' center console on Sunday. From the pictures it looks to be in pretty good shape. The owner has changed out the seat behind the console to one that has a bait tank and storage under the bench. It comes with a 135 hp Mariner engine. The trailer looks in good shape too, galvanized with little to no rust. The guy is asking $5k. Do you think this is a fair price? In one of the threads someone mentioned and posted info on the fiberglass molded stringers between hull and deck. What a great idea! Better than wooden stringers that rot away. This is one of the main things that is selling me on this boat. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

pny212

Seaman

I have a 88 1850 with a 150 mariner that I paid $2800.00 for it, it was in rough shape but all the main things were good, the motor had a new powerhead, but the boat hadn't been registered for a couple years so it needed the carbs to be redone and the boat to be rewired, it didn't have a windshield or any seats, dry rotted tires, missing rubrail, all in all I put a little over $1200.00 in it and ALOT of elbow grease to make it turn key that it is now, but I could never replace my boat for 5k, if it's turn key I think its a "fair" not great deal for either side, and make sure that trailer is road worthy, for 5 bills you should test run it as I wouldnt expect the buyer of my boat to shell out the money on my word for a 20+ year old boat, I stole mine and knew what I was getting into as I did 95% of the work myself as you have got to be handy to own and enjoy a used boat, if it 3 or 30 years old it's always going to need some tickling

I do love the boat and I just had it out 20+ miles offshore and she rides like a pit bull out there, gives me something to do as I love messing with it

Here's on In Florida asking 3950.00 that looks rough but it says rebuilt motor
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1989-WINNER-BOATS-1850-Center-Console-95191849

Funny why rebuild a motor to sell it ???

Good luck

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=257676

SeaSick1

Cadet

Hi,

I just purchased a 1986 winner 1850 cc 5 days ago...it was love at first sight!!!! But it is not in the best of shape and I think there is a clog in the fuel system somewhere but I do not know where everything is located on this boat. It did not come with a manual and I am lost.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!!!!

SeaSick1

Cadet

I need to know how to get to the fuel lines in the boat...I just bought a 1986 Winner Sea Quest and need help....please anyone????

winner owner

Seaman

The two rear hatches port side,unscrewing the plywood bottoms and removing them will expose all her hoses engine side.Looking inside the two doors in front of the console there is a hole on the floor, there you can easily see the gas tank and hose connection.

I have the identical boat, got her a year and a half ago ,also love at first site!

Good luck.

SeaSick1

Cadet

Thank you so much for the info...I will give that a try and hopefully it will work! This boat stuff is all new to me!!!

SeaSick1

Cadet

Can you tell me where the two rear hatches and the plywood bottoms are? Being female and not mechanically oriented, I don't really know what you are referring to...please help!!!!

winner owner

Seaman

Hmmm...since you know how flammable this hose is and seeing how I am a nube at posting pics..maybe your question about a "plugged hose" can be better serviced at the outboard forum section, just find your engine type and post a detailed question...unless my m8ts here can help?Got a loaded plate right now..will take me time to figure how to post pics of the hatches..till then

Good luck!

pny212

Seaman

what I do every once in a wile is take the gas cap off and blow the air hose at light pressure until I here it bubbling in the tank, and I have a water separator with the clear bowl on it just to make sure what goes back up the line doesn't come back in the motor, just using it will also help as my boat sat in a barn unregistered for a few years, but now she fires right up and runs great all day, just have to change the trim and tilt motor this weekend, but I think it's every bit worth dumping some cash into, just not all the time, I look on craigslist every day and cant seem to find a boat that is more appealing in this price range

Status
Not open for further replies.