wiring diagram bayliner 1970 capri -89

jaba

Seaman
Hi folks!<br /><br />Can you tell me were I can find wiring diagram for the boat in topic? If someone of you knows a place on the www, I would be very happy! Got a light problem, front light (green/red) is very bright, switch in off position. When the switch is in "on" position the front light goes dim, rear light starts to glow.. whats going on? I was thinking of rewiring the thing, if needed, just gotta know the colorcodes and what wire goes were. Thanks in advance,<br /><br />-Jaba-

D

DJ

Re: wiring diagram bayliner 1970 capri -89

The chances of finding a wiring diagram, if it even exists, is slim, at best. Boat companies are not like cars. They do not keep very detailed records or parts, for that matter.<br /><br />The light issue cannot be that complicated. It is just going to require you to do some testing, one wire at a time. To me, it sounds like a poor ground issue.

Bayrider

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi. Are the bow and anchor lights wired to the same switch.Screw the dash panel off and check the condition of the switch connections.Sounds like a faulty switch or switchs.

jaba

Seaman

Could be broken insulation in wires, pulled of the other wire from switch and the light keeps glowing.. were is the grounding spot located?<br /><br />-Jaba-