Winner Center Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizzy

Seaman
Re: Winner Center Console

Stu, I see you got the nautilus tabs also... Do you like them or notice the difference? I noticed a huge difference myself with the tabs.. I also got a new fin that added to the plane also. I was going to say that I was in rough seas a couple weeks ago and I didn't have any problems maintaing steady speed. I'm really amazed how my boat handles now. I also want to add about the speed of my boat... I got a new fishfinder and put speed control on it like my old one I took off. And the speed I mentioned before is varified. It tops out at 55-60mph. I won't run that speed unless I'm the only boat on the water and no chop. I learned my lesson the hard way. Went airborne and thought it was going to flip... That slowed me down for sure. This thing is like a run-away train. Soon as it planes, it takes off. Anyhow I apreciate the input.

studlymandingo

Commander

The tabs were a great addition. They definitely made a major improvement on the handling and ride. The Jack Plate has made a big improvement also.

Your speed postings make me wonder about my setup, I hope I don't have a ton of wet foam somewhere; I just don't know where that would be. I do have the t-top that I imagine acts as a parachute, but I'm maxxing out at 47 right now.​

Ken Barber

Seaman

Studly, Stumedic,

Thanks for the inspiration to remove the garish graphics from my 89 CC. Here are some pictures of the new version with redone teak and new paint on the engine.

I run this without trim tabs and it gets up on plane easily, probably because of the bracket. When I am going slow, though, it sits low in the stern, and I am always pushing my passengers to the bow.

This afternoon is finally warm enough to go out for a little fishing!

Ken

Attachments

• DCAO0031.jpg
    DCAO0031.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 3
  • DCAO0002.jpg
    DCAO0002.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 3
  • DCAO0001.jpg
    DCAO0001.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 3

studlymandingo

Commander

That does look better without the decals!

Seeing your bracket inspired me to install a 10" setback jack plate on my rig, made a difference in ride for sure!​

gizzy

Seaman

Ken, what year is your boat? It's nice looking. I really like the seats... And the red in your teak wood. At the stern of your boat, it looks like there should be a swim platform attached. I know out boards don't have a swim platform running across bow to port but maybe if you had one on each side it would keep your stern more boyant... Stu what do you think?

gizzy

Seaman

Stu let me ask you. What is your acceleration like out of the hole? Mine is slow but, soon as it planes off I have to start pulling down on the throttle cause it runs like a run away. It really gets scarey at times.

studlymandingo

Commander

My acceleration is pretty good out of the hole, it was much improved with the addition of the jack plate. What is your WOT RPMs?​

Ken Barber

Seaman

Gizzy,

My boat is 89 all around, boat, motor and trailer. There is a swim platform/ladder on the port side of the engine. The teak did come out redder than I thought it would, but I like it.

My WOT is around 5,000 RPM with the 140 evinrude. I too throttle back once on plane, and get up there pretty easily with no trim tabs. I cruise around 2800-3000 I could probably go a little faster with the tabs, but so far, I don't need the speed.

The only problem I find with the boat is the single fish well that I have in the bow. It is the only large storage space on the boat so I keep the anchor, lifevests and fenders in this space. there are two hatches, one in the top deck and one right in front of the console seat, both going to the same well. We got into some good fishing, and I had to take it all out to fill the well for the fish. I wish I had more dry storage, or next time I need to bring a cooler (which I planned on but forgot) Are your boats similarly equiped?

Ken

studlymandingo

Commander
Winner Center Consoles Rock

Winner Center Consoles Rock

I have a well in the back near the stern and a dry-hatch that is under my leaning post/ cooler seat.​

gizzy

Seaman
Re: Winner Center Consoles Rock

Re: Winner Center Consoles Rock

I have a live well like Ken's in the front under the bench seat. Also I have two large hatchs to the front and a smaller one in the rear. The fron one I use for storage and tools,live jackets I put under the console. I re-wired mostly everything under the console, so this gave me more room under there. I do like the rear hatches on the transom.

Brandywine

Recruit

I recenty purchased an 1987, 18' CC winner with a 125 Evenrude. Haven't used her yet. Just got done restoring her, only to find out that the fuel tank has lousey fuel in her. The mechanics in the yard want to cut the fuel tank out of her to clean it out !! can't I just flush the tank out real good and put a Racor on her?? Does this new ethanol gas mess up the old poly Tanks ??:confused:

studlymandingo

Commander

I have the hatches up front as well.

Brandywine, check your other thread; the ethanol doesn't do any harm to the poly tanks.​

gizzy

Seaman

Brandywine, Like Stu said It doesn't have an effect on the poly. I would drain your water gas filter and also as far as it's not leaking you should be good to go... Do you have any pics of your Winner... Wetter The Better

Stumedic

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I recenty purchased an 1987, 18' CC winner with a 125 Evenrude. Haven't used her yet. Just got done restoring her, only to find out that the fuel tank has lousey fuel in her. The mechanics in the yard want to cut the fuel tank out of her to clean it out !! can't I just flush the tank out real good and put a Racor on her?? Does this new ethanol gas mess up the old poly Tanks ??:confused:
Whoa, don't let anyone cut out that tank! The poly tanks last about forever, and are ethanol proof. Stu

Stumedic

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Gizzy,

My boat is 89 all around, boat, motor and trailer. There is a swim platform/ladder on the port side of the engine. The teak did come out redder than I thought it would, but I like it.

My WOT is around 5,000 RPM with the 140 evinrude. I too throttle back once on plane, and get up there pretty easily with no trim tabs. I cruise around 2800-3000 I could probably go a little faster with the tabs, but so far, I don't need the speed.

The only problem I find with the boat is the single fish well that I have in the bow. It is the only large storage space on the boat so I keep the anchor, lifevests and fenders in this space. there are two hatches, one in the top deck and one right in front of the console seat, both going to the same well. We got into some good fishing, and I had to take it all out to fill the well for the fish. I wish I had more dry storage, or next time I need to bring a cooler (which I planned on but forgot) Are your boats similarly equiped?

Ken
Ken, I can't believe you get away without trim tabs. Do you use your boat on the ocean? When I put the tabs on mine it became a different boat-no more porpoising or pounding. Great investment. Stu

Ken Barber

Seaman

Stu,

Nope, no trim tabs. I am mostly in the ocean. It must be the engine bracket that makes the difference. I would like to try trim tabs, but the budget won't allow it this year.

I did add a new stainless prop that also made a difference. Much more torque, and even easier to get on plane.

Ken

nicolapesespada

Recruit

hallo! i am a new italian member of this forum!
i'm planning from a lot of time to buy a '84 winner 21 (in italy i think that there are only 2 or 3 of these boats): now i think that the moment is arrived, i would like to buy the boat and make a TOTAL reconditioning.
the boat is this:

Immagine_003[e].JPG

the engine is a 3.0 mercruiser with almost 200 hours (year 2003).
is there anyone here which have this boat?
could you be so kind to link on the forum some photos of this boat (i mean, the cabin, wells, cockpit and everything you can!!:()

thank you very much and sorry for my bad english!!

by by

Nicola

firemedicrn

Recruit

I just purchased a 1989 1850cc Winner with t top & 140 Johnson.
The trailer, boat, and motor are all original. I'm pretty proud of this boat, and noone I talk to has a clue what a winner boat is. Its in great shape, but needs some cleaning. First Ken could you take a close up pic or direct me to the type of latch on the wood on the inside of the bow, I need to know what type of latch to get. The wood is perfect, but does not have a latch. second is there a way to fix the small stress cracks in the sides around the edge and on the center console. third whats the trick on finishing the teak wood, its in perfect shape, just a little grey.
Thanks
Proud New owner of a Winner
Nice boats Ken and Stu
David

Status
Not open for further replies.