What do you do?

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: What do you do?

I've been in the title insurance business for 25+ years, which includes mtg loans, judgments, Rael Estate law, legal descriptions, death and so on, bla bla bla. Worked in Idaho and Utah, and familiar with most western states real estate law.

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Piano player in a wh*reh*use.<br /><br />Oh wait....you meant in real life.<br /><br />I'm a civil engineering tech/CAD designer for Galveston County. Borfre*kining. Do house designs on the side.

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Retired hit man for an old Italian family. Worked out of Grand Rapids, MI. Still do the occasional contract here and there for "special situations". I believe the PC description these days is something along the lines of Eraser. Who knows.

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

40 years in Auto and Construction Equipment industry. Parts and service, wrenching etc.<br />Petrol and diesels upto 1500 hp or so.<br />Now I run a school for trainee dozer and digger drivers. Thats a challenge.<br />Its fun.<br /><br />Peter

Link

Rear Admiral

Tactical communications for 22 years. Military and goverment. Marine field from 86 to 94. Since then self employed in one form or another. Bought ran and sold a small retail and service business. Right now I'm remodeling a fixer upper house, looking forward to my next adventure.<br />Does Jack of all trades and unemployed at most sound right :D

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Chief cook and bottle washer aka Dad...Full time.

f_inscreenname

Commander

I will be sure to book mark this thread. Just in case I need to build a missile or something. :D

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I grew up on a cattle ranch so am good at working with horses, ropin, anything cattle related including a lot of vetrinary knowledge. <br />Was head chef at a world famous restaurant (McDonalds). <br />Worked harvest crew pickin and haulin corn and soybeans. <br />Certified mechanic, hobby mostly, some part time in my own shop. I have worked on and can fix anything mechanical. I also worked for an uncle in his appliance store fixing appliances and doing electrical work, so know a little about electronics.<br />Now I am a cop and a criminal investigator. I specialize in child molestationn cases as most everyone knows and drug cases. Self taught computer geek, take care of minor computer stuff for the county offices. <br />My latest and greatest accomplishment, daddy.<br /><br />Oh yeah, did some time with carpenter work and demolishion work. <br />Anything related to building, electrical, automotive, cattle and range management, horse, greasy hamburger related just ask me.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Been screenprinting for 15+ years in the family business (Dad and I)..<br /><br />Spent a little better than a year working for a friend as a mobil mechanic in all areas of the marine field.. Also took care of some heavy equipment like front end loaders, forklifts, and travel-lifts around our home yard.. Aside from the driving, I liked the job.. It was a new adventure nearly everyday, but my Dad was having some health issues (now straightend out :) ) which meant I was needed more at the family business, so I had to give it up.. :( <br /><br />I'm back to screenprinting full time, and then some.. :cool:

sangerwaker

Commander

Inside sales at an electrical distributor is what I do for a living.<br /><br />But hey...I can always dream right?<br /><br />I like Mr LF's idea...or...maybe...bikini inspector?

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

CPA by trade, specialized in corporate tax. Now I'm an airline profitability analysis manager. Wanna know why you can't make money in this business, just ask me.<br /><br />Spreadsheet modeling is my specialty and SAS programming is a bit of a hobby.

Drowned Rat

Captain

I'm a flight paramedic in Arizona and I guide whitewater trips through Grand Canyon part time in the Summer.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I'm old. So I've got w/e in the following fields;<br /><br />Small engine mechanic.<br />Machining my own parts.<br />Electronics bench technician, specialties in audio and mobile RF equipment.<br />Construction inspection (inspected sewer and storm drainage pipes, well casings and anywhere else a man cannot fit, using CCTV video equipment).<br />Environmental code enforcement.<br />And finally, over this past year, I have been werking on, and learning irrigation automation systems... So far this year, I haven't had many boring days.

mattttt25

Commander

lieutenant in the u.s. navy. civil engineer corps. surface warfare officer qualified. currently work as the resident officer in charge of construction (roicc) at the u.s. naval academy in annapolis, md. manage construction contracts valuing approx $63M.

jimalsk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well where to start. Started working in a gas station/garage when I was 14. Snuck into the Navy when I was 16 there they taught me how to work on catapults and arresting gear.From there I was an automotive machinist remanufacturing crankshafts and cam shafts.Got good enough to work in a speed shop in California where I made strokers for the big time raceing boys,dragsters,funnycars and the likes.Moved to Alaska 31yrs ago and worked constuction till the knees and back went out.Built my own house top to bottom out of pocket. Now the state pays me to count returning salmon, catch and surgicly implant radios in rainbow trout for migration purposes,rear salmon,rainbow,and artic char at the two hatcheries in Anchorage. Getting ready to retire from that in 2years 1month and 3 days.After that I guess I'll have to find another way to pay for gas for the boat. Anyone hireing old farts?????

FSHKPR

Ensign

kind of a jack of all trades master of none here also. have cooked in restaurnts and in the navy, worked in junk yards, did auto repair on the side. did some body work. have a limited knowledge of the machinist trade.was supervisor for a furniture manufacturing plant for about 8 years. now am employed at a local paper mill as a millwright, and so some very simple websites for people on the side.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

LOL LadyFish!!!<br /><br />I have been employed in the R&D...Product Development....Engineering Support arena through three employers for the last 23+ years. I am the nuts and bolts guy who builds the test rigs and provides support for the data collection gurus.

Kiekhaeferscurse

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've got some piece of paper that took me 4 years to get saying I'm a Marine Mechanic.....but how come I still launch my boat & forget to but the plug in?

bluewater19

Chief Petty Officer

I work for a navy contractor at a remote VLF/LF/HF transmitter site in northern Ca. I am a Electronic tech. I also own a small computer repair company that specializes in LAN work.<br />Flatbottoms, <br />It took me 4 weeks to get my seceret clearance the first time. I was fresh out of highschool with no history to speak of. I just went through the thing again after 10 years and its been 5 months and I haven't heard a thing. what a pain!