What do you do?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: What do you do?

Wow!!! How do I compare to these jobs.<br />I started out working at the age of 14 in a butcher shop, worked there till I turned 16 and got my license and then worked in a gas station for a couple years.<br /><br />At 18, got married and then worked in the strip mine industry for a couple years blowing up stuff, mostly top soil off coal veins.<br />It got real close one time when the hillside caved in and squashed a 922 loader. That was it, too close for me.<br /><br />Then started in on my trucking career.<br />22 years over the road O/O for the same company in the specialized(oversize) division.<br />In 1995 I sold my truck and retired from that.<br /><br />Started my own lawn maintenance company and the City Courier Service company was born also.<br /><br />Got out of the lawn maintenance business in 2002 to take care of courier business full time.<br /><br />Will be selling the courier service in March and will again be retired, this time for good.<br />Will dabble a bit with gonfishn and his business and take care of his website when it gets up and running.<br /><br />That's about it, my life was/is pretty boring. :)

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

I want a certain BIL of mine to have tylerins job

jimalsk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Kiekhaeferscurse the proper use,care and installation of a boat plug is covered in year 5

NathanY

Commander

I drive this:<br /><br />
watermark.php

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Armpit smeller- to help to make deodorants that will properly mask the smell of sweat. Not!<br />I actually teach all week. Part time I teach in the Special ed. classroom and the rest of the week I teach Independent Study students.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by alaska river runner:<br /> Now the state pays me to count returning salmon, catch and surgicly implant radios in rainbow trout for migration purposes,rear salmon,rainbow,and artic char at the two hatcheries in Anchorage. Getting ready to retire from that in 2years 1month and 3 days.After that I guess I'll have to find another way to pay for gas for the boat. Anyone hireing old farts?????
Alaska River Runner,<br />We have a mutual acquaintance!<br />I work part time out at Hillberg. The manager there works summers at the Elmendorf Hatchery.<br />When I come back up, if you want any help getting the Kings out of the creek, let me know. :D <br /><br />AK Chappy

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Operating Engineer local 513,mostly heavy highway construction.

Kiekhaeferscurse

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Alaska river runner, They never told me there was a year 5.....dang it, but i'm not going back again.<br />"Those that can.....do "those that cant teach"

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

Just a poor ole refrigeration tech. Any thing in the restaurant that gets cold we fix. Its been a great 22 years and love every bit of it, even the 60 to 80 hours a week during the summer.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Don't ya'll let ol Nate fool ya.. He really drives this.. :p <br />
original_bw_lg.jpg

dhud64

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sweet truck Nate!<br /><br />I'm the honcho at the local turd factory. Been in the wastwater field for about 13 years now. Used to clean sewer mains and install them too. Also ran the treatment plant. Now just a paper pusher in the office.... Should have stayed a grunt, less headaches!!!<br /><br />PS It's amazing how many folks dont chew their corn... :)

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

I manage an IT Information Management department at a major Engineering/Construction company in the Power/Petrochem/Chem/Infrastructure/Pulp and Paper/Environmental industry.<br /><br /> http://www.sbec.com

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> Flat: So, what kinda stuff do you have access to? Just the info-tech on the equip they're designing? When I went to the MIlwaukee School of Engineering there were a couple companys that worked for the DoD at the job fairs. I thought it would be bad-a** to design tanks and stuff. Maybe a few SAM's.<br /><br />Sean
Actually, I have extremely little access to or even see what goes on much. What I do see I don't understand. The equipment is built in portions by different people, and until the end of production one would n't hardly recognize what the things are because almost all of it is just electronics putinside a big casing. At the end, you can recognize them as submarine torpedoes...highly intelligent ones though:)

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by KeltonKrew:<br /> I manage an IT Information Management department at a major Engineering/Construction company in the Power/Petrochem/Chem/Infrastructure/Pulp and Paper/Environmental industry.<br /><br /> http://www.sbec.com
KK, do you maintain the website?

Triton II

Commander

Yewk Dhud64... that's gross! :eek: <br /><br />I was in the military flying fast things with wings for 13.5 years then had a seachange and became a motorcycle journalist. One thing led to another and I now work in management for a major motorcycle distributor here in Sydney. Only work for the love of it, there's NO money in my chosen profession, however doing things I want to do has always been much more important to me than money. :)

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

how come dhud64 can say turd?<br /><br />I am offended.

lark2004

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Leading hand in a Bio-Electronics workshop.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

KK, do you maintain the website?
Not that particular website. I manage project data/documents in our web enabled IM system and the department responsible for it.