What do you do?

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: What do you do?

This year is my 20th with my employeer as an IT professional. <br /><br />Before that, various stuff just to get by: Small engine mechanic, AAA dispatcher, Ladies Shoe Salesman at B. Altmans, Sears Stock Boy, Junk mail programmer (my appologies to everyone for the "you may have won $6,000,000.00" piece, Publishers Clearing house, etc), and other stuff I forget.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

IT propeller heads abound here...LOL<br />why ain't y'all buying stuff from me?<br />u 2 bruno! :p

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Document Control Operator for a research facility. Been in the Reprographics field for about 16years now. I make sure all drawings that are produced, are scanned and processed into our electronic vault. Then convert them to PDF files so they can be viewed on any computer. I basically maintain all the drawings and update the electronic files of them when new drawings come in. I also run the reprograpics department making large black and white and Color Posters. You need a large color poster up to 36" X 48"........I am the man. CAKE JOB!! :D ;) :cool:

eeboater

Commander

Poppa, why do you guys scan to PDF files instead of TIF's? TIF's are incredibly smaller and require less storage. You really aren't gaining anything by going with PDF's.<br /><br />Sean

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by OBJ:<br /> Hey Perfessor, you work for the system in PJM or some other outfit?
Not PJM directly, although we are controlled by them like most of the Mid-Atlantic area. It's a large utility (which shall remain nameless ;) ) smack dab in the middle of PJM territory.