To Build a Boat (any boat)

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: To Build a Boat (any boat)

hey i'm out of town on work... doesnt that count? driving and Iboats too. :D

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

lol... Hmmm.... I'd be puttin the kitchen light issue aside... Really hun, I'll get to it in a bit. Just let me get this one thing done....<br /><br />Just like the wife asked me to do the dishes... I got caught up in trying to get the furnace to work in the camper.. I forgot about the dishes... <br /><br />Dink... Driving and Iboats can't be a good combo<br /><br />CPJ... Unfortanatly I feel you have had a hard enough time trying to make your own "boat outta templates" I'd hate to pull you away from the template making to make more templates.<br /><br />Might be hit and miss this week... Theres alot goin on on my end and unfortanutly building a boat is not one of them. Sometimes life takes a toll on fun.

cpj

Ensign

I here that JZ. I took off today to help take the kid to the doctor.Told the boss another story so that i could take the whole day off. :D Had Taco Hell, errr bell,for luch. Had a few beef maxi melts,err MEXI melts.SOME THING WAS WRONG WITH THEM !I felt like crap the whole day (AND STILL DO) So much for the day off.Guess thats what I get for lying. On the other hand, at least Ive only blown chunks once today. :eek:

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

opera browser reads iboats to me so I dont have to stare at the screen :D

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Oh well there's always tomorrow... <br /><br />Sometimes I'd like to throw a match in this house and walk away. Just pack up the DUG and head down the river. I'll be building my next house myself, well general contracting it anyway. CPJ you can wire it if you're interested. I'm burned out on electrical too.<br /><br />LOL listen to me complain! Hope you're feeling better CPJ. Dave you can borrow the DUG anytime if you can't get to yours just yet. I plan to water test real soon, Dink is doing a job near me and he volunteered :D

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I dont wanna slip on the peel pal. I'll take pics though :D I'll be in detroit sometime late next week. :) sorry to hear about the house problems too. maybe you should resin tape and resin the seams? i hear insulation makes good fillerl :p

trackersocha

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ok i read all eight pages, yes i have almost all the parts cut out. i have been wanting to do this for a long time. im trying to work my way up to a 26' runabout. the only question --how did yall figure the curve for the"fore cross piece"?<br />btw thanks for the inspiration. <br /><br />dink--i wouldnt look for a new lower unit, i picked up several running 3hp johnnyrudes for avrage of 200 ea.

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

LOL! Can'tcha swim Dink? You know I should have pulled the canoe into the kitchen today and paddled around. Shoot the rapids at the basement stairs, lol.<br /><br />Hi Trackersocha, what are you building, the Minimax? Do you have templates?

JasonB

Lieutenant

Project Ups and downs...<br /><br />UPS- figuring out how to properly adjust a simple hand tool cutting manual job to about 1/3 of the time it took for the other side<br /><br />downs- making whirlwind progress only to be stopped cold needing a $5 tool you don't own and will have to pick up tomorrow.... No easy way around it<br /><br />UPS- seeing a pile of lumber start looking like a boat!<br /><br />downs- knowing you probably won't be able to do any more work on the boat for a couple days....<br /><br /><br />At least I didn't draw any Templates :eek: :D ;)

trackersocha

Petty Officer 2nd Class

minimax, no i have no templates, i didnt know there were templates. i built a pirogue this winter, and i was looking for something else and ran across this.

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

This is starting to sound more like manic depressive boat building lately :D :( :D :( :D

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by trackersocha:<br /> ok i read all eight pages, yes i have almost all the parts cut out. i have been wanting to do this for a long time. im trying to work my way up to a 26' runabout. the only question --how did yall figure the curve for the"fore cross piece"?<br />btw thanks for the inspiration. <br /><br />dink--i wouldnt look for a new lower unit, i picked up several running 3hp johnnyrudes for avrage of 200 ea.
You just showed a lil A.D.D by reading all 8 pages :D thats what it takes to have the fun we have in here :) welcome. <br /><br />You offering to send me some johnnyrudes? :D you need to be the first to run dual 3's on the back of a minimax... that would look awesome :D <br /><br />I dont have the measurements in front of me but I took a 1" x 8" and marked center in middle and marked my measurements up from the bottom... calculated the width that the ends should be and marked... then used a flexible ruler and held to end marks and bent up to the center and followed the curve. Sorry if it doesnt make sense but if I was home I'd take a pic to show ya :) .

trackersocha

Petty Officer 2nd Class

that is along the lines of what i had in mind, and about the twins--aleready thought of that, but i fear that the weight of the motors and the weight of the captian, will be too much for the boat. i was talking to a friend of mine and he has two 7.5 monkey wards, and he weighs around 120 soaking wet. after i build mine, we will do further reasearch. those 3hp as twins are really cool, i have used them on john boats, and me bass buster (6mph with two 260lb guys and two motors)

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

WElcome to the fun Tracker... Hope things are goin good in your build....go with the twin 3hp... if weight is a concern..just don't stop, hit the water runnin. Anyone that reads all the pages has got some determination all in his own... exactly for what who knows. :D <br /><br />I brought the camper outta storage to winterize it...funny thing is I don't think it's going to happen..lol I would really really really like to go out on more time. But on the other end it hasn't been used in 2 months so I'm positive the water lines are dry and I wouldn't need pink crap to go in there.....UGHhhh... What to do... <br />That damn furnace... just like everything else in life when you think it's goin good... the darn pilot goes out.. :( Thats ok.. I fixed it. Damn pilot looks like a blow torch :cool: but what do I care... it heats... even if you don't need the burner to kick on.<br /><br />Then theres the boat, and the trip I need to take to South Dakota, add find job, doctors, and Theacher confrences at school, build a boat, fix all the little things in the camper(the things that should have been done through out the season as they happened)on top of it keep the wife happy, the kids from whining, and the checkbook positive... I want to go camping...lol :confused: <br /><br />He!! if anyone knows of any jobs in there area..let me know.. I'll add a move on top of it...lol :p <br /><br />EDIT: oh yes thanks for letting me rant :D

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

what is the weight of a 25 hp motor? those 3 hp motors cant weigh more than 35 lbs a piece for a combined weight of 70 lbs. There are more than a few minimax's out there with 25 hp motors. which have to weigh more than 70 lbs.<br /><br />Dave your A.D.D. is just rampaging tonight... ya know that doesnt all have to happen tomorrow... cept the keep mama happy part :D

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Dave, CPJ, DC... you two are "wanted" :D :D :D :D better you than me lol. CPJ you were busted by someone coming up your "back door" HAHAHAHAHA

joblo33

Chief Petty Officer

Too bad you guys are on the other coast. You coulda borrowed any of my engines as long as I got to watch the result :D <br />
PA150200sm.jpg
<br />Eric

joblo33

Chief Petty Officer

recent4edt.jpg
<br />DO IT! :D :D :D <br />(And I know you're getting one of these engines anyways)

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Love those old Mercs! Nice collection Eric.<br /><br />You can have my job Dave.