To Build a Boat (any boat)

coleman kayak1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: To Build a Boat (any boat)

Wimper- Are ya thinkin' about buildin' another boat? :D <br />It does not seem plausible. My aluminum V-hull (10') won't do 10 with my 3. I wonder if they tested it with the weedless leg :D

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by Coleman Kayak1:<br /> Wimper- Are ya thinkin' about buildin' another boat? :D <br />It does not seem plausible. My aluminum V-hull (10') won't do 10 with my 3. I wonder if they tested it with the weedless leg :D
Wow Iboats is back. Finally lol<br /><br />Actually Coleman I am considering another project... just want to keep this one under wraps for now untill I get it started.... gotta get the camper boat finished before I do anything<br /><br />CPJ still have my email addy? Can you email me? :)

coleman kayak1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good to hear Iboats is back up.<br /><br />
Actually Coleman I am considering another project... just want to keep this one under wraps for now untill I get it started.... gotta get the camper boat finished before I do anything
Ya, finish one project before beginning another. At this rate, you can open a marina!

cpj

Ensign

Originally posted by Wimperdink:<br />
Originally posted by Coleman Kayak1:<br /> Wimper- Are ya thinkin' about buildin' another boat? :D <br />It does not seem plausible. My aluminum V-hull (10') won't do 10 with my 3. I wonder if they tested it with the weedless leg :D
Wow Iboats is back. Finally lol<br /><br />Actually Coleman I am considering another project... just want to keep this one under wraps for now untill I get it started.... gotta get the camper boat finished before I do anything<br /><br />CPJ still have my email addy? Can you email me? in case you dont have it :)
wimp, sure will as soon as I get home.Im WORKING (in case the boss or wife asks :D )

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

Wow Dink good progress.... Been to cold to get anything done here

coleman kayak1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ya, tell me about it! had to layer up to walk out to get a soda out of the outside fridge the other day.

JasonB

Lieutenant

Pics as requested. The last one is my Dad, who I built this for. The boat is a Gator Croc (www.gatorboats.com). It will live most of its life in the pond it was launched in. It was 20 deg outside, so testing was kept to a minimum, but she did float and was watertight.<br /><br />The name on the boat is my Dad's nickname. His middle name is Willie and he spent his working life around towboats, retiring as a Captain. The nickname has been around longer than me.<br /><br />
Boat1.JPG
<br />
Boat2.JPG
<br />
Boat3.JPG
<br />
Boat4.JPG

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

gotta say that turned out pretty sweet jason. Nice handiwork. can you email me , I've got some questions on that. Thanks

coleman kayak1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey guys I want your advice on something. My boat has an aluminum hull. And, people have told me once it gets a coat of oxidation, you shouldn't polish it because it protects it. Its definately oxidized, so If i was to polish it what kind of product would polish and protect it?

JasonB

Lieutenant

CK1, as soon as its warm, he's going to put a 40lb trolling motor on it. He was joking about hanging a 25hp on for a funny pic. It is 11' long and rated for 5.

coleman kayak1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ya, a 40lb troller would probably be okay, i've just never beeen a fan of electric. I do think a 3-5hp engine would look good on there :D

AMD Rules

Lieutenant Commander

Jason.... looks like you'd need to lay down flat to pass under that bridge. Watch your head!

joblo33

Chief Petty Officer

That turned out nice Jason. It's not going to stay in that pond is it? Looks like a fishing boat to me. :D <br />Eric