To Build a Boat (any boat)

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: To Build a Boat (any boat)

something like photobucket.com or i know a lot of people use shareaproject.com or something like that. Anyway when you get it uploaded to one of those sites, right click on the picture and select view image ... then copy the link in the address bar.... then come back to the forum here... go to the section in your profile and paste that link into the place for your avatar. :) <br /><br /><br />cool page nine... was getting hard to reload page 8 on my slow @ss connection. :D

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

I finished the rough sanding of the hull and gunwales tonight. I'm only able to put a half hour after work into this lately. Anyway I rounded the profile of the gunwales and blended them into the top of the hull sides. I'm going to go out and throw it on a scale in a bit and see what it really weighs. Anyone want to guess? Also I think I came up with an idea for a color scheme based on my cruiser paddles which I'll try and get a picture of also.<br /><br />Page 9, dang! :D

cpj

Ensign

ummmm, still no pictures.ummm I still dont believe you. :p my guess: 29.9293947493720 pounds.exactly.

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'm guessing 32.46 lbs approx. :D I want pics too.

trackersocha

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i have mounted the transom--<br />most everything i need to do i need to be at my friends hangar. this weekend i should have it completed

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Allright Princess here are your pictures! First are the gunwales, the boat is upside down for those of you who don't know what you are looking at without a template to compare to. :D <br /><br />The second picture is of the paddles I would like to pull color from. The symbol is nothing more than a representation of a compass made of feather shapes. I did the design in enamel paint with a clear coat a few years ago. I don't really want to copy the design but the colors. I like the proportion of woodtone to red, black, white also. So there ya go! :) <br /><br /><br />
077987.jpg
<br /><br />
077989.jpg
<br /><br />I weighed her! 21 lbs... You guys think I'm just sloppin' on the resin or what? This baby weighs half as much as my Kevlar tripping canoe! I don't think I'd take the dug across the Quetico though. :) And I definately would head for shore if the wind came up.

cpj

Ensign

All i have seen so far is portions of a canoe. I want to see the whole thing.looks kick *** so far though!

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

if it floats good and tracks ok are ya gonna put a lid on it?<br /><br />looking good... I like the design coloring on the paddle too

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks CPJ :) <br /><br />Hey guys, someone posted in the non-boat-tech forum that they were given a canoe and had thoughts of cutting it in half. Wimper, you'd better get all over that one! :D

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Wimper, why do you want me to deck this thing so badly? It would make rice collecting kind of difficult don't you think? Plus it would gain about 6 pounds if I did it... and it would no longer be one sheet... :D :D <br /><br />And I KNOW this thing won't track well. It will probably paddle sideways as well as it does forward and backwards. :D But I don't care, it's gonna look cool :D

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

lol oh I dont care if you do or not really... its just my opinion that with the amount of freeboard that any small chop or wake from another boat will fill it up quicker than you can peel a banana :D <br /><br />goin to poke my nose in the none boating forum.... :D

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

LOL! well I'll just ride her to the bottom then! :D

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

lmao poor babs... gonna put her in to the cold dark deep :D

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

It occurred to me I need to make a paddle for this thing...

cpj

Ensign

CK,<br /> Why couldnt you put a V shape onto the bottom of the SS Barbra Dee? :D (btw check my last http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=011529) <br /> I havent looked at the plans that close but I dont know why you couldnt put on a few triangle shaped frames and then add some more luan and resin?Just a thought.And remember, we want pics of the WHOLE SS BD, not just pieces.And do it before the maden voyage also, we dont want to have to look at nothing but a periscope! :D

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

Nine friggin pages... guess thats what I guess for not checking in sooner.... <br /><br />Lookin good CK.... Dink decide what the next project is?<br /><br />CPJ your link no worky... FYI does not exist.... maybe some other time you and BD can share your problems together

cpj

Ensign

Dave dont know why it no worky.go to here is what BD can stand for