To Build a Boat (any boat)

cpj

Ensign
Re: To Build a Boat (any boat)

had to "self edit". didnt want it well you know.Fixn to head out side and cut some more frames.BTW I need TP for my....Are you threatening me? huh huhu

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

LMAO.... Bungholes... All of ya's.... Frames... thats all he does is cut frames... by the time he's done.... he'll have frames up the ying... <br /><br />Maybe someone should let him know he needs to put plywood on the outside edges of those coughcoughsneezetemplateshack um... frames.. <br /><br />mlm :p mlm

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

of course you know he will need templates for the plywood skin overhis frames :D

cpj

Ensign

Originally posted by Dave J Z:<br />[QB] LMAO.... Bungholes... All of ya's.... Frames... thats all he does is cut frames...<br />Your right,JIZ.There is alot of em.But not as many as is on your boat.
aa_1_b.jpg
<br />mlm :D mlm<br /><br />EDIT:WD eeet meee mlm mlm mlm mlm :p :D

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

Whatever would he use??? :confused: <br /><br /><br />Luan could be good :D <br /><br />EDIT: I finally turned the page... 4 people postin... 8 pages... the odds should have been better... Those odds are about as good as CPJ finishing his boat :D mlm

cpj

Ensign

Originally posted by Dave J Z:<br />. Those odds are about as good as CPJ finishing his boat :D mlm [/QB]
That should read :"Those odds are about as good as Dave Jizm STARTING his boat". mlm :p mlm<br /><br /><br />edit sorry double post

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

lol yall are freaks.... take a look back through the pages of boating history here... cpj is taking a journey down the river of periwinkles with his templates and Dave JZ is having issues with the style of cornor posts for his anchor, and we are about to have to peel CK like a banana. Lark, are you and I the only stable minded people here? :D <br /><br />p.s. mine floats and didnt even have to use templates, cornor posts, or insulation :D

cpj

Ensign

WD I guess I am getting my payback for all the canoe and outrigger jokes huh?Ahh well, I can take it.

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Wimperdink:<br /> Lark, are you and I the only stable minded people here? :D <br /><br /> :D
Um.... Lark is here on off hours.... there for it leaves you dink... so maybe it's not all of us that are off... but you.. ever think your the only un-stable one in the bunch??? :D mlm

cpj

Ensign

Someones signature is 1 out of 4 people are crazy.And if you are with 3 other people and dont know who it is,youre it!So wimp TAG YOUR IT!

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

lol so hows the yak cpj??? really???<br /><br /> Get those pics posted CPJ :D

joblo33

Chief Petty Officer

If 1/4 people are crazy there must be 12 sane ppl hiding here somewhere.....<br /> :D

lark2004

Lieutenant Junior Grade

stable? me? <br /><br />What planet are you living on?<br /><br />I have......<br /><br />a 15ft runabout, with no floor or transom.<br /><br />a 14ft canoe, that I can't be bothered to get down off the roof.<br /><br />a 9ft tinnie, with a cracked transom.<br /><br />a 8ft row boat, that I still need to finish glassing up, but just can't be bothered to get it out from behind the workbench.<br /><br />a minimax, it's getting there, stop rushing me.<br /><br />a 1968 40hp Evinrude Lark X, that still needs packing washers for the high speed needle.<br /><br />a 1970 something evinrude 4hp, I've pulled it apart......<br /><br />a 1974 (i think) mariner 3.5hp, I just dismantled the front of it to get it ready for remote controls to go the minimax. <br /><br />a half renovated bathroom, at least the spa works, walls, floor, tiles.... I'll get there.. next ad break honey, I promise!<br /><br />a wife.<br /><br />three boys.<br /><br />4 chickens.<br /><br />4 cats.<br /><br />a mortgage.<br /><br />a job.<br /><br />to many projects.<br /><br />not enough time.<br /><br />not enough beer.<br /><br />no more urge to keep this list going.

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

LMAO Lark your place sounds like mine minus the chickens and boys. That's why I come here, to fill that void. :D <br /><br />Ran out of resin and am going shopping for cabinets and a toilet today so progress might not happen till later. Warm though, 65F and sunny, I should be buildin' or paddlin'.<br /><br />Smell ya later turds. :D :p

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

lol Lark Sounds like mine... no chicken though, ...Only a duck :D

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Personally I feel more stable than ever before now. And I think we have a brand new leader for the A.D.D. condition. :D <br /><br />As I look over at my avatar and see myself sitting in half of a canoe with a verado strapped to the back. hmmmmm is this just a moment of sanity?

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Took the max out for a ride today... I need to cut about 1/2 inch off the top of the transom... I got it too high and it started to lose grip but I still probably hit 10 mph with it angled down ... I know I'm gonna get at least 4 mph more out of it with some tweaking. I do think however that this weedless setup is holding me back... might need to look for a differant lower unit. <br /> :D <br />Got lots of looks and some conversations over it today.. i love the attention. Even had a guy offer to sell me his 6.5 hp johnson with a bad fuel pump.. I asked him how much he said he'd take whatever cause he hasnt used it in 2 years since he put a 90 hp jet on his tracker. :D I'll offer him $150 and see what happens. Nice people down there. :)

JasonB

Lieutenant

Wimp, you'll need more than that 6.5 if I get to build another boat after the Croc. I've made good progress and have pics, but I don;t feel like uploading them right now. I'm almost ready to start putting the sides on. It's going much faster than I expected. <br /><br />Would have done more, but took the day to get the 19'er in the lake and give my daughter (2yo) her first fishing lesson and let her test out the new swim platform.