Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

DarrinT

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

Monster vintage tinnie on Toronto Kijiji

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...minum-Boat-Great-Condition-W0QQAdIdZ387797549

Attachments

• $(KGrHqRHJCoE-wMmKyv)BP1+OSke2!~~48_20.JPG
    $(KGrHqRHJCoE-wMmKyv)BP1+OSke2!~~48_20.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 0

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Yah man, give him $250, sell the motor, FREE STARCRAFT!:D

Gibbles

Commander

Pardon my ignorance for not knowing what must be the obvious, but I've always wondered, what the heck are those things that stick off the back of that Evinrude for??:confused::confused:

They are called "Awesome Handles" :cool:

maybe some sort of tailfin thing?

barato2

Commander

i think it's the 1957 version of power tilt......

BonairII

Commander
Re: CL Starcraft for $1000

There's a CL thread here dedicated to Starcraft for sale. The mods will probably merge this thread into that thread.

Thanks for the posting the ad.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Pardon my ignorance for not knowing what must be the obvious, but I've always wondered, what the heck are those things that stick off the back of that Evinrude for??:confused::confused:

Maybe to prevent damage to the hood lip when you rest it on it's 'back', &/or to angle the motor powerhead slightly high to prevent gas movement into/out of the carb bowls.

But my 1st suggestion was really: Skid steer when the pulley system fails???:confused::eek:

barato2

Commander

uh, i think that IS a Starchief, without the rear cabin wall. but that's a plus as it would make it easier to yank the PT....

JB, you hit it on the nose on the protrusions. pretty sure those are for when you lay the motor down. a Big Twin of that vintage only weighs maybe 140-160# so it's feasible to lift off transom solo.

jbcurt00

Staff member

uh, i think that IS a Starchief, without the rear cabin wall. but that's a plus as it would make it easier to yank the PT....

JB, you hit it on the nose on the protrusions. pretty sure those are for when you lay the motor down. a Big Twin of that vintage only weighs maybe 140-160# so it's feasible to lift off transom solo.

Uhh, nope, according to the 1961 Evinrude 40hp Lark iii page 2 diagram part #39 is a carrying handle.....:confused: Even at @150lbs, seems an odd 'handle' in an odd location....

I still like emergency skid steer:facepalm: