Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

Trailers need titles & reg in WV, not complicated, but can be if reg/titled in another state w/ out of state owner. But just need to follow the steps as they outline them, and it can be done. But just like the boat's reg/title stuff, there's just 1 guy processing all that stuff at the state level. That's the primary reason I'm trying to do as much as I can at local DMV's in person, rather then via mail. If I don't have it quite right, or need something else, the DMV folks have been great to work w/. But so far I've been well prepared, didn't ask any dumb questions or take too much of their time, and thanked them when we were done. Another round end of this week:D

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Nova's are rare and then to find two chop jobs is astounding. I always say it's your boat, do what you want. But I do have limits. Plenty of other candidates for fishing boat conversion, but not a Nova.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Yah, I'm all about choppin boats but agree with you guys, Nova's are off the table eh.

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Both pretty nice. I bet that "wooden" one weighs a little more than 415 lb. now! Cool looking windshield.

Gibbles

Commander

Nice lil 1978 16' SS $2100
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=21117856&cat=147&lpid=&search=

This is one fun little boat. Use it for a fishing boat or a family fun boat for tubing or skiing. Open bow. Seat fours in back and 2-3 more in front. Strong 1978 Evinrude 70 HP two-stroke in good running condition. I have done a lot of restoration on this boat. I have taken it on Deer Creek, Strawberry and Utah Lake.

Top speed 25-30 mph depending on what prop you put on. The black prop is a little flatter and better for pulling tubers. The white prop in good for speed.

I baught this little boat 3 years ago and my family has had a lot of fun with it. However we are not using it as much and it is time to move it along to another family.

Rivets on the bottom have all been inspected and bad ones replaces. I have extra sealed rivets for future repairs when needed. No leaks. :)

Extras and improvements include:
New Wise boat seats: $400
New Marine carpet: $150
New paint: $150 + lots of personal time.
Spare prop: Value $300+
New 5,000 lb axle on trailer: $175:
New boat winch: $25
Fun tube: $120 - in great shape
Maintenance on motor: $500-1000+
Cover and home crafted storage frame: $100+
Water skis, tow ropes, tie up ropes, several PFDs, current registration, clear title.
Other various spare parts: $?

His lil price list cracked me up :rolleyes:

64osby

Admiral

http://muskegon.craigslist.org/boa/3118376324.html

5I15E15Me3Le3Ff3Hac745516a2d39ae61585.jpg

Not a SC but would make an interesting project.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Not sure if this is a Starcraft, construction doesn't look like it, but for $50.......

Well, I guess at least it's not a SC glasser:facepalm:

Had to google chlorinated rubber, good for marine applications & water immersion.....

InMotion

Commander

Had to google chlorinated rubber, good for marine applications & water immersion.....

Well at least the build chose something that will work in water --- generally a good thing for a boat. Much better than building it out of bread.

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I saw a sign yesterday talking about cardboard boat races....... wonder how many coats of epoxy you need for that?

jbcurt00

Staff member

I saw a sign yesterday talking about cardboard boat races....... wonder how many coats of epoxy you need for that?

Some of those race regs stipulate NO sealer:facepalm:

Some of those people are fanatical about their builds, others drink the beer 1st then use the case cartons for the boat:confused:

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Some of those race regs stipulate NO sealer:facepalm:

Some of those people are fanatical about their builds, others drink the beer 1st then use the case cartons for the boat:confused:

Can you just imagine a bunch of grown men obsessing about some silly boats...... oh wait. :facepalm: