Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

s freud

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: CL Starcraft for $1000

There's a CL thread here dedicated to Starcraft for sale. The mods will probably merge this thread into that thread.

Thanks for the posting the ad.

I thought I heard there was a CL thread, but I couldn't find it. Thanks mods. I noticed the pressure treated wood as well, but had a brain fart when posting.

TundraRocks

Petty Officer 2nd Class

...I still like emergency skid steer:facepalm:
There is always the option of using a TILLER on a CUDDY as the primary, and having another tiller as backup.:eek: Not exactly the best approach to seeing oncoming traffic. Maybe they used two cups and a string method of relaying directions between the bow navigator and the stern operator.5I95F95J83Mb3L23o7c6qffec4c3be8a71066.jpg5Ne5K95F73n13me3H9c6qa0b298e5a0b11f32.jpghttp://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/boa/3101826693.html

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This appears to be a good re-build candidate in Racine, WI. 1977 16 ft. SS with a 1977 70 hp Johnson. on trailer. Sell says soft floor and motor needs work, but hey - it's only $500. http://racine.craigslist.org/boa/3115394567.html

How about a '77 22' Chieftain Express hardtop with 165 M/C. Long list of accessories, for sale by original owner for $6K. http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/boa/3115549555.html

A $500 Sprint with 70 hp Rude & trailer. Rude needs work. http://grandforks.craigslist.org/boa/3115231823.html

Good hunting, boys & girls. :D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

THose are some great finds GA!:D

GA_Boater

Thanks Jas. That big Chief seems to be a nice water-ready big water boat too. If I was looking for one like that - road trip. But I'm not so maybe one of the other lusters, er.... tinheads, can check her out.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Yah, agreed. That Chief looks to be in real good shape. But ya know, if a fella wanted a serious fishing rig, that would be a real tight deck to walk around in, eh?

Course if a fella wanted a dining table on his boat deck then that's just the ticket;)

GA_Boater

Yeah, but it comes with a kitchen sink. :rolleyes: The one draw back with a Chieftain is deck space, where an Islander is a larger deck area.

barato2

Commander

i also found a couple of his ideas interesting....i like the bottom feeder outriggers, and the concept of mounting the kicker on the outdrive is also interesting altho you'd have to have forward controls for throttle /shifter.

Gibbles

Commander
Re: Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

It's a nice boat if you want a floating motorhome ;)

barato2

Commander

sez the guy who will likely be looking for a floating motor home after a few trips stuffing the family into a Starchief....;)

s freud

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have noticed a couple times where people are talking about road trips to buy boats. What are some tips for not getting scooped on these by someone closer? Do you just call and set up an appointment and promise to buy it if it is in the shape listed? What happens if it is mid-week and you can't make the trip until the weekend?

GA_Boater

i also found a couple of his ideas interesting....i like the bottom feeder outriggers, and the concept of mounting the kicker on the outdrive is also interesting altho you'd have to have forward controls for throttle /shifter.

Sure hope it's not a tiller kicker. :facepalm: And it looks like shrimp boat out riggers too. As long as it works, I guess. I wonder if it comes with instructions for all the trolling gear?

Looks like a Jet in Colorado. New floors and foam but...no title...
http://denver.craigslist.org/boa/3116396988.html

Judging by the windshield that might be a Juoiter, Maybe.

I have noticed a couple times where people are talking about road trips to buy boats. What are some tips for not getting scooped on these by someone closer? Do you just call and set up an appointment and promise to buy it if it is in the shape listed? What happens if it is mid-week and you can't make the trip until the weekend?

The conundrum, Dr. Freud. Plenty of tales here about having a deal in place and when you get there the PO sold it out from under you. Always try local so you aren't out of gas money. I got lucky with a more than 500 mile round trip, but I called before I left and a couple of times before I arrived. Sometimes owners are swayed by cash waved under their nose, morality flies out the window and just say sorry when you get there and you can't do anything about it.

s freud

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks GA. I am now set up to get an 18 foot trailer for $100 bones on Saturday if I don't get scooped. Another question: why are so many trailers on CL (at least in my area-Virginia) unregistered? Even with registered boats, the trailers are often unregistered. Are people just taking their chances with tickets, is there some length requirement, or am I missing something?

lakelover

Rear Admiral

No title apparently didn't keep it form getting sold. Ad's gone

We are pretty luck in NY, you only need a title for a boat that's a 1987 model year and newer that's 14' or longer.

Gibbles

Commander

We are pretty luck in NY, you only need a title for a boat that's a 1987 model year and newer that's 14' or longer.

Same here, and trailer registration in general is optional as well.

It makes donor trailers very easy to deal with. :D