president bush

D

DJ

Re: president bush

TXS,<br /><br />As I said, the illegal issue is one that I vehemently disagree wirth GWB on, and many Repub's to boot.<br /><br />No WMD's huh? What killed all those Kurds?

Ralph 123

Captain

Don't worry people, pretty soon you'll be calling these the "good old days."<br /><br /><br />I've realized that we are just too weak and stupid to stop it now - it will have to reach a real life and death crisis to wake up the nation and make us all do what's necessary. I'm just waiting and praying I'm wrong.<br /><br />911 converted some, temporarily silenced others but now, is largely forgotten. The next one won't be. Then the "blame America first" folks will have to deal with their positions.<br /><br />It's time to let the lunatics run the asylum and watch the train wreck.<br /><br />
saddam2.jpg

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

txwinner, have you ever bent the truth just so you could convince someone that it was a good idea to do something.<br /><br />The truth is that Saddam hated us and there was a good chance he had WMD.<br /><br />I would rather go with that info, than sit back and wait for him to take the first step.<br /><br />Remember, Saddam was a sworn enemy of the USA. We used to let our enemys go on hating us as long as they didnt attack us. 9/11 changed all that, we dont let enemies of the USA run amuck any more, exspecially those who we think have WMD and will use them.<br /><br />Ken

txswinner

Banned

Saddam killed some of them. Who killed the people in the World Trade Center, not one Iraqi in the bunch.<br /><br />As for enemies, we lived with the USSR for years without disaster, China is no friend, North Korea, Venezuela, Iran, Saudi (?)all about money, France, Japan no choice, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Afganistan, and on and on. <br /><br />Oh well, guess it is ok to be chest beating chickenhawks when we are in our nice safe homes, and don't give me that volunteer army crud you enjoy the freedom you should pay the price.

Ralph 123

Captain

No it's better to be a defeatist and put your head in the sand and blame America for it all and call people names who disagree with you. That's a much better position to hold. Very enlightened. very intelligent.

D

DJ

TXS wrote:<br /><br />
Saddam killed some of them.
Gee whiz, TXS, does the question: "who killed the Kurds" hurt so bad??<br /><br />Some of them is OK, with you? Gassed, from the air by Sadaam? OK???<br /><br />BTW, according to the US media, what's so special about 9/11/01???<br /><br />Sadaam was the biggest destabilizer of the Mid-East. Bar none. All the rest are thinking twice about messing with us. Goal accomplished. The rest are scared.

txswinner

Banned

DJ Your remark of "Many of the liberals want all the Christians Dead" ends any discussions with you.

KRS

Banned

That's right, maybe it should have read they want "Christianity Dead", would that have been more correct? I think so, because it's true.

treedancer

Commander

Any body thinks that there could be any middle ground to this. Seems to me that a lot of rhetoric and pigeonholing. Why don’t some of you go back and read the whole thread and you will see what I mean. I don’t think there is any conservative or any liberal that gets up in the morning that sees something that he or she likes and says that I shouldn’t like that because it doesn’t fit my political theory.<br /> And some of you seem to think that I cant be for this because what’s his name is for it so I must flame him down. Don’t make sense in my opinion.<br />Don

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Ok Txwinner all I hear from you is bla bla bla I was in a war bla bla bla if you were not you have no right to have an opinion........Have you been in Law enforcment? If not you have no right to speak on our laws then.....what have you done to protect my family from drug addicts and murderers and rapists?????? nothing so by the same rights you have erned in the service according to you you have no right to speak on domestic issues right? I have a very good friend of mine who was murdered So I guess that means according to your logic only those who have lost friends or family to murder should get to speak on this matter. How flippin lame. You are in the minority of people who are or have served in the service....Or maybe your really John freakin Kerry......I was in viet nam......bla bla bla Im a war hero bla bla bla........oh did i tell you I was in viet nam......Jeezz we get it allready.....and by the way as far as Im concerned if you vote you have the right to an opinion so get over it, and for once try speaking about our issues as a citizen of America not some over rightous "war hero"

txswinner

Banned

AZFY, You are as off base as DJ on the Christian or Christianity remark. Some people make no sense.<br /><br />Mike, funny you ask because I did work for Beaumont PD for 11/2 years while in college. You are right it does take a special person to be a good police officer and in todays world I would call you a hero for your exposure.<br /><br />Never said war hero, in fact just the opposite, was scared the entire time.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Point Im trying to make is all American citizens have the right to speak their opinion on this war.........I agree with the reason we went just not how we are doing it.......War is *ell it is hard.....there is nothing about it that is good and not one of our boys death is worth 10,000 of theirs but I believe we should stand up against evil every where it is. It does cost lives but at the same time it saves lives.........Every person who went over there military or otherwse understands this and I know every VOLUNTEER understood that this senerio could happen when they joined........They are heros and I am in yours and their debt for your service but to think that because I havent served I dont understand why we are there or dont have the right to speak my opinion is absurd........I did vote and I am American......its my war too :( <br /><br />Also I feel that the radical left wingers would like nothing more than to take any power Christianity has and for that matter stop their voice in society because of what being a Christian stands for so both DJ and Azfy. said is relevant as well :mad:

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

txswinner, Will you please get a copy of the Koran, you know the Muslem bible? Read it. Read it, read it! Then you will find that their objective is TO BE THE ONLY religion in the world. And how do you think these extremists are trying to do that? Please get the picture and you will understand why so many are backing our country as well as our right to our own religion.<br /><br />To the Americans and our allies, this is to give people rights while the extremists see it as a holy war. The media does not point that out. Apparently they don't know history from thousands of years ago. Been the same battle for centuries.<br /><br />That is all for me. Troll alert now enabled.

KRS

Banned

No, I'm not out of line or off base, read the response by another member on the other post, yet another troll you started:<br /><br />Response by mikeandronda:....<br /><br />OK most Liberals are pro choice.....Most Christians pro-life.......Most Librals are pro gay marraige....Most Christians are not........Most Liberals are for the most part against public displys of religion..........Most Christians want the right to show thier religion......or a better way to put it is Liberals are for freedom FROM religion....Christians are for freedom OF religion. We are on opposite sides of the spectum why wouldnt hardcore leftwingers want Christians out of the way????? At the same time I know the feeling is mutual. Can you disagree with the above statments Txwinner.....now Im pretty sure your a Christian from some of your posts(I think) would you agree that the things we believe go against far left wingers feelings and beliefs.......I know there are some good Liberals out there but like the good Muslums they refuse to stand up for whats right and allow the bad apples rule their party or religion<br />*****************************************<br /><br />How can I be off base when everything Christianity and the way of life it represents is a target for destruction by the liberal movement?<br /><br />Are you suggesting that someone can live these core values of humanity and Christianity and yet continually vote for candidates that seek to destroy them?<br /><br />How. How? HOW ?!!??!!

txswinner

Banned

AZFYR, Most Christians???? Bunk, when did you become the spokesperson for "Most Christians." Christianity is very diverse, with many theologies with the common thread that Jesus Christ is our Savior, the son of God who died for our sins. Everything else is interpetutation by mortal men with numerous translations to us.<br /><br />If we do not believe what you say, Are we any less a Christian, I don't think so. <br /><br />And not ALL Liberals think alike either.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by txswinner:<br /> AZFYR, Most Christians???? Bunk, when did you become the spokesperson for "Most Christians." ...
amen, bro!

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

First off Txwinner I think you meant me on your last post when you said I dont speak for most Christians when I said Most Christians.........I challenge you to find ten Christians that beleive abortion is right and feel gay marrage is ok.......Im not saying they are not out there Im just saying that MOST Christians dont agree with these things.....nowhere did I write I am a spokesman for Christianity or I will tell you what Christianity stands for so your post is once again accusitory just to be agrumentive....... :mad: Something to ponder yes there is one common bond Christians have and that is Christ but just because you accepted his gift does not give you lisense to do whatever you want, i.e. Abortion, gay marrage. <br /><br />Lets get back to the original purpose of this thread.....The Prez......I like him and I believe in what we are doing in Iraq, just not how :)

txswinner

Banned

I do not think anyone is pro-abortion, but to make abortion illegal is not the answer. The gay marriage issue is accepted in some Christian churches and numerous Christian assemblies permit gay marriage in their church.<br /><br />I agree we should teach consequences exist for casual sex but I oppose laws that dictate morale if the effect is to only that person. To make abortion illegal simply means the rich will leave the country for abortions and the poor will have it done in a back room.<br /><br />These lessons are taught (should be taught) in our homes and our churches.<br /><br />Gay marriage, I oppose as well. Civil Unions I have no problem with. Marriage (to me) is a covenant before God between a man and woman, and therefore not based on civil law but religious belief.<br /><br />I know of no churches that support divorce, does this mean divorce should be illegal.<br /><br />Just my opinion (liberal as may seem) is that religious beliefs are best taught in our home and churches. No one has a right to stop me from those beliefs and opportunities. Am I a Christian, yes 100% and I pray daily to be forgiven for my sins.<br /><br />Call me a liberal or whatever but DO NOT try to say anyone because of political standing is not a Christian. If and when one does this they might need to do a selfevaluation.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Come on down, M&R, I can introduce you to a whole bunch of 'em. Well, maybe not "abortion is right" so much as "justifiable in certain circumstances."<br /><br />disclaimer: I don't support gay marriage. In fact I'm offended by the sitcom "Will & Grace." No offense intended to any who might be offended by that.