president bush

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: president bush

CJY and crab bait, is there really anything we could say that would change your mind.<br /><br />I doubt it.<br /><br />We could say GWB changed lead to gold and you would still find something negative.<br /><br />Lets dodge the question again, and see if you can name positive things that Clinton did. :D <br />***********************<br />Link, go fry that fish and let us know how it tasted! I wish I was on the water too, will be soon.<br /><br />Ken

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Ken,<br /><br />You have hit the nail on the head. Excellent!!! All that gold Bush has told us about is really lead. We have known all along, but soon, the rest will also figure it out. Welcome aboard Ken. <br /><br /><br />Clinton? Yet another diversion. Oh, I get it, you told us up front so you would not be caught in deception. Also very clever. I am impressed. What was the deficit when Clinton left? How was that answer?<br /><br />You are also correct Ken, I am not a fan of W. See, he knows lead cannot be turned into gold, but the funny thing, is that he believes we believe him. Slowly, we will all learn it is impossible.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Oh brother,<br /><br />Well the transfer of nuclear secrets to china for campaign contributions has stopped. <br /><br />GW has nominated one great supreme court nomoinee. And Clinton gave us ginsburg. yuk!!!<br /><br />GW has put the military back in at least marginal shape after it was gutted and abused by his predicessor. Dispite what the liberal press tells you reinlistment is high and moral is great.<br /><br />Intelligence agency's have been empowered and held accountable, not just PC'd in to oblivion like he inherited it as.<br /><br />He gave us a tax cut. You call it BS, I call Lil' Billies tax increase a disgrace.<br /><br />No child left behind is a good program. GW's<br /><br />Drilling in ANWR is a good program. <br /><br />Without GW's forceful leadership and demands on our allies, we would still be kissing the butts of liars and thieves over at the UN, and France and Germany. Not realizing the complete corruption top to bottom and the impotence of a very costly national subsidy.<br /><br />Holding schools (teachers) accountable for success. What a concept. <br /><br />Not signing Kyoto.<br /><br />His aggressive policies in the middle east made Libia just give up and join the civilized world.<br /><br />He hasn't bombed an asprin factory.<br /><br />He has held the economy on a strong path dispite world unrest and unstable oil pricing. See TAX CUT.<br /><br />He is helping institute a democracy in an area of the world that hasn't seen one in over 50 years. <br /><br />Won a war in Afganistan in a year that the russians couldn't do in a decade.<br /><br /><br />Hows that for a start.

crab bait

Captain

gee,,i sure did my share of clinton slammin' ,too..<br /><br />i will say,, the economy is doin' very well in it's own right, i will say.. dispite the war, huge natl' debt, an skyrocketing petroleum an petroleum products.. <br /><br />sure hope petroleum jelly doesn't skyrocket..!! then we all be in a heap-o-trouble.. :) ..

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

crabby,<br /><br />How does the government affect gas prices other than heaping taxes on top of them? Let me guess, GW's oil buddies. Can someone share two names of these "buddies"?<br /><br />You talk like there was no debt when he took the postion? You talk like the democrats didn't vote to approve the budget.<br /><br />What is wrong with the war? Less than 2000 died to take over a country? More died in a week at Normandy, more died in a day at the World Trade Centers.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

What Nate said.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Pointer,<br /><br />I will only say most of your points are subjective.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

CJY, you just made my first point. Doesnt matter what we say, you will just dismiss it. :rolleyes: <br /><br />I guess we will need GWB to get the economy in shape so the next democratic pres can increase taxes and bring the economy back down.<br /><br />Ken

Bondo

Staff member

Originally posted by CJY:<br /> Bondo, I would much rather fight in the enemies back yard. However, enemy #1 is still on the loose and we attacked another before taking care of him. Remember, Osama is the one who brought the war to our backyard and he is still out there looking for another opportunity to do the same.<br /><br />Words from the man at the top:<br /><br />"So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him... We haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him."<br />—Bush, answering a question about Osama bin Laden at a March 13, 2002 news conference.<br /><br />"We discussed the way forward in Iraq, discussed the importance of a democracy in the greater Middle East in order to leave behind a peaceful tomorrow." —George W. Bush, Tbilisi, Georgia, May 10, 2005<br /><br /><br />Can someone please explain why the President is not that worried about Osama when he has killed 3,000 innocent Americans in our own yard.<br />
All I can ask is,.........<br />When are You going to realize that this War Isn't about A Man,.. Or A Country................<br /><br />It's a War Declared by Islamic Radicals.......<br />Osama,... the Taliban,... Afganistan,.... Iraq,... Iran,... Syria,... Where Ever,....<br />They won't be happy till All of America is in Ruins,...........<br />If they're Not Crushed,.... They Will find ways to do Bigger,+ Badder things to Us,.....Nuclear might seem Mild.....<br /><br />Right after 9-11,... In 1 of the earliest speeches by GW,... <br />He stated,."Either You're With Us,...... Or, You're Against Us,...... There Is No Middle Ground"............<br /><br />I Like That,....... And,.. I Pray to God that it's the way America continues to Lead the World.....................<br /><br />How many times were We Attacked while under the Liberals Watch,..?????<br />Couple of Warships were Bombed,.... And the WTC,.. Twice........<br />The Response,..????<br />A Law Enforcement Issue,..????????????? :rolleyes:

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

As I read this I am enjoying a bag of salty Safety-Pretzels, never was such a thing till the GW incident... mmmmmmmm!...<br /><br /><br />Afghanistan was a good start, needed to be finished though before starting in on Iraq. Maybe GW's got ADD?<br /><br />And Pointer, if you want to count Iraqis too well over ten thousand have died so far.

PW2

Commander

And don't forget the most important accomplishment of this administration:<br /><br />He has instilled in a whole bunch of people an unquenchable thirst for kool-aid.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Bondo, <br /><br />I understand that this war is not about one man, but one man got the whole mess started. Prior to 9/11, what was GW doing to prevent radicals from harming us? My point is Osama is leading the charge and must be stopped, which appears to be little of concern to the Pres.(and those are his words).<br /><br />Without money and leadership, terrorism has a difficult time operating and OBL provides both to the people looking to do harm.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I guess a certain bunch of folks will never get over the defeat of Algore in 2000. It must suck to be a loser!

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

Quote:<br />-------------------------------------------------<br />He has instilled in a whole bunch of people an unquenchable thirst for kool-aid.<br />-------------------------------------------------<br /><br />What PW2 said.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

I wasn't going to get into this whizzing match, but I can't help myself. My take on the whole thread is that the anti-baby bush members are simply asking one question and the republican camp can't answer it without admitting some level of failure on the golden boy's part, so they won't. As has been mentioned, the republican party can't handle the negative without trying a diversion. It is a shame that those of you defending bush so vigorously can't exit the confines of the red party and see the light of day. Then if you still defend baby bush, you will do so with much more credibility. But when you are simply reiterating what is in the Good Republican Handbook, you have absolutely ZERO credibility with those of us who can think for ourselves. And the credibility issue goes for the Democrats who behave similarly. <br />No one will agree with the president completely, except the president. So if you can't dissent at some point, you aren't thinking for yourself. Clinton wasn't perfect, old Bush wasn't perfect, and baby bush certainly isn't perfect. So note to the republican party and their mindless sheople, STOP PRETENDING HE IS!<br /><br />Fight the fight on the truth and the questions, not on innuendo and diversion. Only then will the Democrats, independent thinking (intelligent) citizens, and the world take you seriously. Behind your backs (goes for hardline Dems too) everybody else is laughing at you and pittying you.<br /><br />So, can you answer Crab bait's original post?<br /><br />I'll put my soapbox away now.

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

Quote:<br />------------------------------------------------<br /><br />----Fight the fight on the truth and the questions, not on innuendo and diversion. Only then will the Democrats, independent thinking (intelligent) citizens, and the world take you seriously. Behind your backs (goes for hardline Dems too) everybody else is laughing at you and pittying you. -------------------------------------------<br />What David said.

treedancer

Commander

Am I the only one that thinks when George the second gives a speech he kind of gets this sly look on his face and his eyes go back and forth as if to say or the buying this bs. :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

David L Moore (any relation to Michael? ;) ) I guess you didnt read either my nor pointer94's replys. :confused: <br /><br />Ken

jspitzer

Cadet

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not getting any more back from taxes that I did before. All I know is that I got a 3% raise this year (which is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick) but my health insurance jumped 25%, food jumped 15% electric up 10% water up 10% gas up i think what 50% from last year. maybe you can help me calculate but I don't see where 3% factors in. as far as the jobless rate being down they created 200,000 new minimum wage jobs but how many people lost good paying jobs? i'm not going to say what side I'm on but they better worry about what is happening over here a little more our economy is goin to the dogs.