president bush

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: president bush

Again, our armed forces are too far advanced to let a lack of troops leave us vulnerable. That is what you inferred. That we would be left vulnerable. We would have to have insurgents come over by the thousands to warrant a major deployment of troops within the United States. Not only that, our advanced weapons and defense systems comprise the majority of our defense today.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Just a thought. I don't think for a minute that Canada and Mexico wouldn't send every man they had to protect that which provides so much for them. Regardless how you feel at the moment, Canada is our friend. Mexico is just far to dependant to not help.

txswinner

Banned

I am not sure there is a good out from Iraq. I am sure there is still as much a war if not more than when we started. You are right about the critism as being hurtful, but what can the opposition do when the President flys to an aircraft carrier (political ego trip), announce victory with "The War in Iraq is over," and thump his chest saying "Bring them on."<br /><br />Remember the Democrat running for President that did the same "Bring it on" to the press and immediately got caught with a woman (not his wife) on the boat. Not a good idea.<br /><br />The time to determine a exit strategy was at the beginning not now. This is obvious and he should have spoken to his Dad on this.<br /><br />Should we have invaded, maybe but hindsite says a lot more intelligence would have been a good idea.<br /><br />Personally, the attack on Afgan was necessary and if in fact the Demos would have not done I would have been opposed to their decision.<br /><br />I firmly believe we should spend all money and manpower to hunt down Oshama and bring him to justice. I believe we spare nothing in finding him.<br /><br />I can't answer what to do in Iraq, the problem is I do not see an answer from either side. I do believe we need an exit plan and we need out of Iraq ASAP. I believe regardless of our efforts Iraq will fall into civil war and continue to fight as always.<br /><br />I do think the next President is in for a really tough job. He will be faced with a stalled economy caused by oil prices, ill world opinion, and a war with no end. I do not want the job.<br /><br />My Rep friends say they are glad they now have the control of the government, smart Democrats should step back and let them see how they do.<br /><br />The right to critize should not cause the anger it does and the attacks on Christianity, I have witnessed. We are all U.S. Citizens and agreeing to disagree is what makes us special.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

txs said,<br /> <br />"I believe regardless of our efforts Iraq will fall into civil war and continue to fight as always."<br /><br />If we leave prematurely civil war is a certainty, the Iraqis government is too weak to hold together, we have to remain in Iraq for at least a couple of decades in order for the country to at the very least acquire the necessary institutions that can provide the capabilities for it to function democratically on its own.<br /> <br /> At the present time,it is my view that the only way that Iraq will acquire some short term stability is when another dictator install himself and rule with an iron fist.<br /><br />My reasoning for such thoughts are enhanced by the knoweledge that to make an omelet one has to break a few eggs, we are not an egg breaking kind of country.(metaphorically speaking)<br /><br />The basic concept of a working democracy with Iraq's distrustful and extremely divided tribal and sectarian peoples are dreams of the dissillusioned, Iraq is not India where the British spent 150 years building the many institutions which helped in framing a cohesive government, even with all of that,India ended up dividing into three countries one becoming pakistan the other Bangladesh.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

OK txswinner,<br /><br />Not a complete answer to the questions but you are the only one who even made an attempt. I actually agree with almost everything you said. The issue is, just because something is difficult doesn't mean we shouldn't try. The answer of what to do when it comes to war and foreign policy when you are in the opposition, is to vote for change. It is slow but it is the answer. <br /><br />I don't know why the liberals are wetting themselves over that Sheehan woman. A real american wouldn't go on tv and call the president a liar. She knows nothing. Its all about emotion. Facts are meaningless to a person who has lost perspective and is drowning in greif and hate.<br /><br />To take advantage of such a person is even more aggregious. (moveon.org) Style, class, statesmanship, and the public good mean nothing to her handlers. Clinton lied, I can prove it. Bush inherited a neutered intellegence community thanks to the previous administration, made decisions that might have been rash, but lied, no. He had the same information all the democrats had that endorced him and his decisions after the 911 attack. Selective amnesia seems to run rampant in that party. They spew hate and have no answers or alternatives. That makes me physically ill. It is as if they know nothing about statesmanship or war. Where is the war hero Kerry and his plan he was to reveal during the election. HE HAD NO PLAN. <br /><br />A good plan today is better than no plan tommorrow. Lets look at the matchup. <br /><br />Donna Shalalalalala vs. Condie Rice. <br /><br />Nancy Pelosi vs. Rumsfeld.<br /><br />Cheney vs. Gore<br /><br />Durbin vs. Lott<br /><br />I know who would be on my team. Three years in and not one plan from the self proclaimed smartest people on the planet. Nothing but disgusting accusations and juvenile finger pointing. And of course the demonization of the president so they can do what? Run away, Run away, and tell the UN. Leadership requires accountability, where are the leaders of the left and their master plan.<br /><br />You can hate Bush for whatever reason, but he is not without leadership. For you Kerry voters where is his master plan? The one he spoke of in the election. He is in the senate, where is his plan. He can have the floor. Who is the empty suit?<br /><br />This is a tough position and things look dreary for the forseeable future. How is the democrat's and left wing nutcases helping to improve the situation.<br /><br />I am resigned to the fact that the democrats have no plan at all. None, zero. They want to use the UN to cover their sorry butts but any thinking person knows that it is a corrupt and incestuous group of profiteers. They are worse than the terrorists. The terrorists at least are honest about thier positions and beliefs.

treedancer

Commander

Donna Shalalalalala vs. Condie Rice. <br /><br />Nancy Pelosi vs. Rumsfeld.<br /><br />Cheney vs. Gore<br /><br />Durbin vs. Lott<br /> Don’t know pointer some of these choices don’t look too good to me.<br />First line yes Condies pretty good choice.<br /><br />Second line throw the whole line out and start over.<br /><br />Third line I am rather Luke warm on that one.

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

The Democrat's plan, it seems to me, is to go along with the Republicans while feigning protest and opposition. I don't think there is a big difference between the parties save for a few dedicated or zealous individuals anymore when you get down to it. Whether you vote for Bob or Tom they are both catering to the same lobbies regardless of what they say to get elected. Insults and accusations aimed at Democrats apply the same to Republicans and vice versa.<br /><br />With that said I feel the plan of the Bush administration and the majority of congress is to keep the country of Iraq in an unstable state for as long as they need to. It is my belief that there is a huge worldwide demand for oil (well that's obvious I guess :) ) and that the US, Saudi Arabia, and thier oil companies benefit greatly from shutting off the Iraqi oil supply from the world, including the US. Saddam was selling it too cheaply and driving the price down which was cutting into the profits of the US and Saudi oil barons. We aren't there to grab oil for ourselves like many protesters say. We are there to keep it in the ground. Saddam was a bad enough guy to try to make justification out of but it's pretty clear, unless one really want's to believe in Bush's goofy reasoning, that Saddam was not the threat we were told to believe he was. It's no matter whether we believe it or not because the important damage has been done. It is not simply coincedence that Bush is so close to Saudi Arabia, that he, Cheney and Rumsfeld among others are employed and heavily invested in oil and energy (not to mention defense contractors). It is interesting that Pat Roberts tossed up the idea of assassinating the president of Venezuela, another oil-rich nation, this week. Test ballon?<br /><br />What's sad is that we are losing many, many very dedicated men and women for this sham. We've turned a functional, successful liveable country into a hell on Earth. We have seen (or not seen) an estimated twenty-thousand to nearly one hundred-thousand Iraqi citizens die voilently since the invasion. We are inflaming the Jihad cause greatly not only by occupying Iraq, but also by partnering with the Saudis. This war, this distraction, is costing us billions of dollars weekly at the pump and on the tax bill. It is preventing us from dealing with the real villians of the world who are developing the real WMDs, Iran, N. Korea, Al Quaeda. What's the plan to deal with these guys? Stay the course?

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Interesting conspiracy theory. I was thinking about investing in Halliburton (HAL) but their stock is down, nevermind. Then again, buy low, sell high, once they start uncapping all the oil wells over there, I could be swimming in money! At the expense of innocent Iraqi childrens lives, of course. Oh well! That's how we Republicans operate, don't ya know.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I am without words. Cheney and Rumsfield employed by the oil companies. OK. Which one's or is it all of them? Whats their salary's and retirement packages. W2's, company cars, or are they just in it for the frequent flier miles?<br /><br />Iraq 1999 - a functional, successful, livable country. How did I miss that. I tried to book a room in bagdad in 98' but a rape was in progress so I slept in my car and when I woke up I was in a terrorist training camp.<br /><br />Bush is benefitting from keeping the oil in the ground, except they are pumping more now than ever. We haven't imported oil from Iraq in like 15 years. I see, kind of, well sort of like ahh - no I don't get it.<br /><br />That media superstar Pat Robertson was floating a test ballon of assasination on the 700 club for the Republicans while the democrats are complicite. Yea, got it.<br /><br />We are not dealing with N. Korea, Iran, or Al Quaeda. Yeaaa, sure. Thanks for clearing that up. Why would we even have to "deal" with such successful, livable, and functional countries like Iran and North Korea?<br /><br />Saddam was selling to cheap so it upset GW's "nameless buddies" and so they could shut off the oil, even though they are pumping more now than 3 years ago, raising the price of oil and profits for the saudi's. Thanks, now I get it.<br /><br />We are inflaming a Jihad. Oh goodness, what would they do now - maybe fly an airplane into the WTC or even the pentagon. Yep, wouldn't want to upset an mob of angry muslims. Oh wait didn't that occur before the invasion?<br /><br />Hell on earth. With iraqi's walking up to 30 miles to vote for their candidate of choice. And none of them voted for the former leader of the successful, liveable country. OK, sure.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Still waiting to hear the left's alternative plan. Remember the debates that Bush "lost" where Commander Kerry had a plan to end the war. It must have been a real good one. What is it? This was a war hero. He had to have been "smarter" than Bush. What is his plan?

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by BrettNC:<br /> Great Jtexas. You didn't answer the question. What is the democratic solution? How do we go about accomplishing it?
Sorry, you'd have to ask a democrat...remember not everybody who isn't a GW yes-man is a democrat

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

but, anyway, for what it's worth, here's my idea (originally posted in the other "how do we get out" thread):<br /><br />1. Pull out, as is, where is.<br />2. Wait.<br />3. See who takes power.<br />4. Go back in with lessons learned, guns blazing, and finish the job.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by POINTER94:<br /> I am without words.
I've never thought of you as a liar, but this is stretching the truth to the absolute limit!

Realgun

Commander

Cabby I think its just about time to peel off the Keery04 sticker. He lost get over it already. :D <br /><br />I am glad to have a Texan in the White House Rather than a crazy MA man.

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

In 2002 Rumsfeld owned between $50 and $210 million worth of shares in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and energy. From 1990-2001 he was a director of ABB, a Swiss company that provided nuclear reactor designs to N. Korea in 2000 while Rumsfeld was on the board. Further, in 1983 Rumsfeld went to Bagdad twice on behalf of Reagan's Secretary of State George Shultz to pitch a plan to Saddam for a pipeline from Iraq to Jordan to be constructed by Bechtel, the company Schultz was CEO of immedeatly before becoming Secretary of State. Saddam declined and persued pipeline construction with Turkey and Saudi Arabia, and began selling oil and related contracts to France, Russia and China. <br /><br />We know that Cheney was a CEO of Halliburton Co/KBR a multi-national drilling and engineering company that services oil companies and military installations and is still drawing a deferred salary of one million dollars yearly. In July 2000 he put all of his shares of Haliburton into a charitable trust fund. During Cheney's terms as US VP the dollar value of Halliburton's contracts with the US govt. have doubled. Did you know he worked on a doctorate at the University of Wisconsin-Madison (but didn't complete it)?<br /><br />Rumsfeld and Cheney are founders of the think tank "Project for a New American Century" which in January 2001 proposed military control of the Gulf region as essential, suggesting the unresolved conflict with Iraq as a perfect justification for US intervention.<br /><br />Pat Robertson, well he's just a nut :D .<br /><br />Iraq was not as good a place to live as the USA by a long shot (though people are raped here too) but you can't deny it's a terrible place to live now. <br /><br />That's where I'm comin' from, the facts are straight, I'm not asking you to buy my opinions though, just thought I'd share something interesting.<br /><br />I must digress now, I'd much rather talk boats!

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

OK, Rumsfeld owns stocks, so do I. ABB is a supplier to my company. VFD's<br /><br />Cheney donated his holdings to charity and Haliburtons stock has dropped. Do you really think that there is something unusual about a defence contractor increasing contracts during a time of war? What is the connection to Cheney.<br /><br />Do you know what being on the board of most companies means. Almost nothing, they are used for name recognition only.<br /><br />Rumsfeld lobbied for a pipeline that he didn't get, and that makes him ???????<br /><br />Robertson at one time had something to say, but yep, he's a nut.....<br /><br />I can deny that Iraq is a terrible place to live compared to when Sadam ran the show. Capritious gassing of the civilian population doesn't even figure into our quality of life equasion here. How is that scored on the world QOL meter? There hasn't been a rape, maiming, or murder ordered by the royal family in a couple three years. Forced enlistment doesn't exist anymore. There are more schools now then under Sadam. It has to be better than it was. I have been told that Isreal is a beautiful place, and they have frequent bombings. <br /><br />All of this is coincidence and inuendo. I would agree that add up the coincidences and there is frequently a connection. But what you are inferring would proclude any private sector citizens from entering into the public arena. Guilt by association would be the status quo. That would leave us with Gore, Kerry, Clinton, Kennedy, as career politicians running the show. And that is really really really scary. Maybe we should send some oldsmobiles over to Iraq?<br /><br />I heard Cheney went to Madtown, but I guess he probably lived on state street, and for that he has my undying admiration. :D

Edward Teach

Seaman Apprentice

I have been considerin' all o' the fancy words that ye be bandyin' about, and contemplatin' all o' the diferent views ye be havin'. And after runnin' it all through in me mind, there be no other conclusion but "Arrrrr."