Outrageous Postal stamp...

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: Outrageous Postal stamp...

I heard that the post office is forwarding the all the names appearing on packages mailed with the EID stamp (addressee and return address) to the Office of Homeland Security, and all those names are going on the no-fly list.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

That's a joke. sorry, couldn't resist. :)

spratt

Lieutenant

Hmmm??? Oh, a JOKE...DUH...thought you said you were taking a smoke!!!

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by woodrat:<br /> Unbelievable! some of you here are really, really out there if the EID stamp sends you into the red zone. Tolerance? Hello?<br />
Mr. Woodrat...<br />The "redzone" as you put, is when the teachers and preachers of "tolerence" themselves only tolerate what they deem appropriate. In this case it's the hypocrisy of the left that expects me to be tolerant of things concerning Islam. Yet at the same time they are demanding that anything that has to do with Holidays and Christianity has to be done away with. And that my friend, has me in the "redzone".<br /><br />The stamp in and of itself, to me is meaningless.

woodrat

Ensign

Originally posted by KaGee:<br />
Originally posted by woodrat:<br /> Unbelievable! some of you here are really, really out there if the EID stamp sends you into the red zone. Tolerance? Hello?<br />
Mr. Woodrat...<br />The "redzone" as you put, is when the teachers and preachers of "tolerence" themselves only tolerate what they deem appropriate. In this case it's the hypocrisy of the left that expects me to be tolerant of things concerning Islam. Yet at the same time they are demanding that anything that has to do with Holidays and Christianity has to be done away with. And that my friend, has me in the "redzone".<br /><br />The stamp in and of itself, to me is meaningless.
In this particular example, your comments don't even fit. Is the post office now aligned with the "left" somehow? has the post office refused to print christian or holiday themed stamps? No and No, I believe would be the correct answers. You are trying to hide your own intolerance behind an attack on supposed leftists somehow denying you the right to be a christian. Unfortunately, you are just attacking the post office instead, who has been printing american and christian themed stamps in vast quantities for years and years. Certainly not censoring christian themes while forcing you to "tolerate" muslims themes!<br /><br />the stamp means nothing to you? You are the one who posted this, and titled it "Outrageous Postal stamp". What is meaningless is your attempt to portray this stamp as an example of leftist oppression. You guys who are seeing leftist boogey-men behind every lamppost maybe need to switch to decaf.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Got this in an email this morning... somebody, please tell me this is another "urban legend".<br />
How ironic is this??!! They don't even believe in Christ and they're getting their own Christmas stamp, but don't dream of posting the ten commandments on federal property? <br /><br />USPS New Stamp <br />
Stamp.jpg
This is really what started the whole controversy, a copy of the email being sent around via the Internet:<br /><br />"Subject: Muslim stamps <br /><br />Dear Fellow Patriotic Americans <br /><br />REMEMBER the MUSLIM ASSASSIN SIRHAN SIRHAN in 1968 who still lives after depriving us of BOBBIE KENNEDY <br /><br />REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of PanAm Flight 103, <br /><br />REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993, <br /><br />REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine Barracks in Lebanon, <br /><br />REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the military Barracks in Saudi Arabia, <br /><br />REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American Embassies in Africa, <br /><br />REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE. <br /><br />REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on the World Trade Center on 9/11/01. <br /><br />REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were lost in those vicious MUSLIM attacks. <br /><br />REMEMBER TOO THAT THIS IS A VERY MUCH ABREVIATED LIST <br /><br />The United States Postal Service REMEMBERS and HONORS the EID MUSLIM holiday season with a commemorative first class holiday postage stamp. <br /><br /> http://www.husseini-islamic.org/news/othnews/eid_stamp.htm <br /><br />I strongly urge you to REMEMBER to adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this stamp when purchasing your holiday stamps at the post office. To use this stamp would be a slap in the face to all those AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whose religion this stamp honors. <br /><br />I also strongly urge you to pass this along to every Patriotic AMERICAN you know, whether by email or otherwise."<br /><br />***************<br /><br />OK, here is the official USPS commentary regarding this stamp...the link is here: <br /><br /> http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl-muslim-stamp.htm <br /><br />The U.S. Postal Service issued the Eid stamp commemorating the Muslim holidays Eid al-Fitr (marking the end of Ramadan) and Eid al-Adha (marking the end of the pilgrimage to Mecca) as part of its multicultural Holiday Celebrations series on September 1, 2001. Evidently it was the reissuing of this popular postage stamp a year later in October 2002, barely a month after the first anniversary of the terrorist attacks of 9/11, that prompted the angry email protest above.<br /><br />The assertion that buying this stamp is "a slap in the face" to victims of terrorism is arguable, to say the least. While the specific allegations are factually accurate — all the terrorist acts listed in the email have been attributed to avowed Muslims — it's rather a large leap from there to blaming all Muslims and the Islamic faith in general for those atrocities. There are pundits, granted, who claim that violence and terrorism are endemic to Islam (notably conservative Christians such as Jerry Falwell and Paul M. Weyrich), but theirs is a minority view staunchly rejected by experts in comparative religion, not to mention the U.S. government and President George W. Bush himself. "The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam," Bush has stated publicly. "That's not what Islam is all about. Islam is peace." <br /><br />President Bush issues yearly proclamations commemorating the Muslim holidays Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha. We have yet to hear anyone question his patriotism or condemn his statements on Islam as "a slap in the face" to victims of terrorism.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Hmmm, anyone know what religion Hitler was affiliated with?<br /><br />The religion did not do this, the terrorists affiliated with that religion did. <br /><br />If you buy into the idea that a small group of this religion are out to kill you, then here is something you will find interesting.<br />A good friend of mine is also a wife beater. Is no longer a good friend now, but I don't tolerate beating women. His father is a minister for the Evangalist Church of Christ. I told him it was not too cool him treating his wife very very poor, putting her down, ordering her around, and not allowing her to even so much as go to bed without permission. If she disobeys she is punished by him. He says that it is written in the King james Holy Bible that she is to obey him or suffer severe punishment. I wish I could remember the passage that he quoted telling him he had not only the right but giving him instruction to beat her for disobeying. This passage he quoted also instructed her to obey his every wish, and committing her as his "property". If you really really stretch the imagination you could possibly get this from the verse he quoted. Does this mean that I should speak out against all who call themselves Christian and read the King James Bible? Does this mean that all who call themselves and their church an evangalistic church should be punished? This is what you are proposing. <br />If he could get enough followers like OBL, he could go on the rampage against working women everywhere in the name of God and the Holy Bible. <br />I myself judge men by what they do and believe, not by what I THINK they do or believe.<br />The Koran does not specifically say Kill all Christians. If you use the imagination like OBL did, and find enough followers that will believe you, you can convince anyone of anything. Look at all of the suicide cults killing themselves after the instructions of their god.

KaGee

Admiral

Ohhhhh....what's the use.....nough said.<br /><br />
10_1_118v.gif

spratt

Lieutenant

Deputy, I am certai he means teh scripture that says "Wives, obey your husbands." However, Jesus also said "Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved teh church..." and what did he do because he loved so much??? He died for it/ them!!! Woman was never meant to be a doormat, and the Bible, ANY version, does not provide rights for that kind of action!!! I also have a problem with women / child abusers, and will definittely attempt to put an end to any attack I see in action. And have done just that...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

IK wouldn't worry too much about the mutant towel head stamp, y'all. It's a foregone flop and the ink aint dry yet.Speakin of the ink.... Who amoung you has the onions to LICK that thing? Not with Tom Brokaw's,Mike Moore's, or Woodrat's tongue! (well, maybee Moore's).

oddjob

Commander

To Woodrat,<br /><br />Red zone?...hate?!....we were just conveying opinions...based on actual real life observations. I've also witnessed muslim additude in Morroco, Spain, Phillipins(sp). Sorry, but a smile does not breed a smile in their world with the gentiles.........here maybe a smilely will remove some of the hate you sense in my mondane words.... :)

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by spratt:<br /> Deputy, I am certai he means teh scripture that says "Wives, obey your husbands." However, Jesus also said "Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved teh church..."
Actually it wasn't Jesus, it was Paul who said that in Ephesians 3:22-25, but note verse 21 says "Submitting yourselves one to another..."<br /><br />the same Paul who wrote in I Corinthians 7:29, "...let those who have wives live as though they had none."

spratt

Lieutenant

You are so correct!!! Thanks for setting me straight...I do believe though that Holy men of God wrote as they were inspired by God...had a guy tell me once that his church taught that some of Paul's writings were "spurious"...never had heard that word before, but I guessed correctly that it meant "false"...boy did I lay into him then...

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Woodrat, would you reply and interpet for the board here? I say asa lama lakim to you, to which you reply with what?

woodrat

Ensign

Originally posted by 12Footer:<br /> IK wouldn't worry too much about the mutant towel head stamp, y'all. It's a foregone flop and the ink aint dry yet.Speakin of the ink.... Who amoung you has the onions to LICK that thing? Not with Tom Brokaw's,Mike Moore's, or Woodrat's tongue! (well, maybee Moore's).
sorry "dood", but if they run it again this winter it will be this stamp's fourth holiday season in use. I'd say the ink is dry on this one. and it's a self stickie one too, so no one will have to touch their precious american tongues to it and maybe get an unwelcome taste of felafel or some other "mutant towel head" food. God forbid!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by spratt:<br /> You are so correct!!! Thanks for setting me straight...I do believe though that Holy men of God wrote as they were inspired by God...had a guy tell me once that his church taught that some of Paul's writings were "spurious"...never had heard that word before, but I guessed correctly that it meant "false"...boy did I lay into him then...
Not false; Paul was writing to provide specific advice to specific congregations who were experiencing specific problems, and may or may not apply in all situations. As in the previous example; I don't intend to live as though I have no wife, no matter what Paul told the Corinthians to do.

woodrat

Ensign

Originally posted by oddjob:<br /> To Woodrat,<br /><br />Red zone?...hate?!....we were just conveying opinions...based on actual real life observations. I've also witnessed muslim additude in Morroco, Spain, Phillipins(sp). Sorry, but a smile does not breed a smile in their world with the gentiles.........here maybe a smilely will remove some of the hate you sense in my mondane words.... :)
I didn't single out your words as being hateful, I just noted that there was a lot of hate evident in many of the responses. I wasn't the only one to make that observation, either.<br /><br />BTW, I've noticed that even here in the Good Ol' US of A, a smile doesn't often get you very far at walmart or the gas station or many other places for that matter. <br /><br />What is really pretty funny about this is that this stamp has been out since 2001 and some of ya'll are suddenly outraged by its existence. Doesn't sound like anyone here was too oppressed by it, huh? I guess you were still able -even in the face of such oppression and disenfranchisement - to find some god-approved stamps to mail your christmas cards with?<br /><br />Kenneth Brown;<br />well, a quick google search leads me to believe that "asa lama lakim" means "go in peace" or something to that effect. What on earth that has to do with this thread or my qualifications to post to it is totally beyond me.<br /><br />none of this really has anything to do with the idea that this stamp is somehow representative of leftist oppression of christian americans, which is kind of the point that some were trying to make. Like I said before, not every rock has a liberal god-hating "mutant" hiding underneath it. Sometimes a stamp is just a stamp...

spratt

Lieutenant

As evidenced bby my previous post .....my God, WR, I cannot understand how I am able to agree with you on things :D <br /><br />The Lord in Heaven knows I ain't SIDIN' witcha!!!<br /><br />I am teasing some, ya know...I know we have some major points of disagreement, but I tend to never DISLIKE someone without first knowing them...well, maybe I do a little...I know I don't like Michael Jackson or Osama Bin Laden, and I ain't ever met either one...both are totally godless creatures that need to come to know God in His saving Grace!!!

woodrat

Ensign

Originally posted by spratt:<br /> As evidenced bby my previous post .....my God, WR, I cannot understand how I am able to agree with you on things :D <br /><br />The Lord in Heaven knows I ain't SIDIN' witcha!!!<br /><br />I am teasing some, ya know...
Don't worry spratt, I won't let it go to my head...<br /> ;) <br /><br />Maybe its just that not everything I have to say is godless commie liberal raghead pinko mutant inspired bilgewater....<br /><br />.<br />.<br />...just maybe.