Outrageous Postal stamp...

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: Outrageous Postal stamp...

Originally posted by oddjob:<br /> I live in one of the worlds culturaly diverse areas and I'm very tolerant of our differences. However, I do not know any nice muslim peoples. The ones I do see do not make any eye contact or conversation when ingaged.
They sound intimidated. In the building where I work are people from all over the world. Every day I encounter folks who range from one extreme to the other on the "friendliness" scale, and in my experience, neither race nor religion are indicators of how nice a person might be. Sorry you met up with a bad guy, though, oddjob. My next door neighbor is a middle-easterner; you won't find a better neighbor, or one more dedicated to his family, in any Christian church.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I have worked in Muslim countries and with Muslims and they were all good people. <br /><br /><br />According to snopes, muslims will outnumber jews in the USA by 2010. I hope more mandatory holidays come because of that. Although, there arent too many Jewish hollidays that are federal days also.<br /><br />Come to think of it, the only relgious federal holliday is Christmas. I wonder why that is, and how much longer that will last?<br /><br />Ken

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Posted by kenimpzoom: "According to snopes, muslims will outnumber jews in the USA by 2010".<br /><br /><br />I am of the opinion that muslims have already outnumbered jews in America.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> I have worked in Muslim countries and with Muslims and they were all good people. <br /><br /><br />According to snopes, muslims will outnumber jews in the USA by 2010. I hope more mandatory holidays come because of that. Although, there arent too many Jewish hollidays that are federal days also.<br /><br />Come to think of it, the only relgious federal <br />holliday is Christmas. I wonder why that is, and how much longer that will last?<br /><br />Ken
Franky the Federal Employees have too many holidays now. Considering they are generally grossly overpaid (except the Mail handlers) they should work Christmas too.
17.gif

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by LakeLivin:<br /> The USPS appears to be an equal opportunity agency. They've got Christmas (Madonna and Child), Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa stamps as well.
Who is this "Madonna"? Is this a Catholic term for Mary, Jesus' mother?<br /><br />I honestly don't know. Somebody please educate me a bit.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I assume 'Madonna' is synonmous with Mary; that's the title the post office listed for the stamp. <br /><br />I dunno the origin or specifics, will have to leave that for somebody else to answer.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Yes, Madonna is the Virgin Mother of Christ.<br /><br />I know this will probably irritate some....many here. Who are we to condemn a whole community or society for the actions of a part of the group? Who here has fought in war? Is this not one of the things we fought against, the freedom of religion? Lets look at my life, I am Catholic. Lately there has been a lot of mud thrown our way because of the actions of a few. Mostly from what I find in my personal life, people don't understand my beliefs and are somewhat afraid of o intimidated by my beliefs and the fact that for centuries we haven't changed to "match the times". Now there are a few, maybe 100 out of 100,000 that have been accused of sexual assaults on children. That is very small odds when you look at how many priests are out there. BUT as a whole my religion is suffering because of it. I can say that I have never been molested, have never molested any children, and anyone who has read my posts knows I am assigned to investigate these crimes. My point is that this is America! In this country we have the right to worship as we please! I stand with many who SHOULD agree with me on this. Too many men have died for these rights to have them trampled on now. This country was founded in part for the freedom of religion. If we are to stand up against this one religion because of the actiuons a few have taken in it's name then where do we stop? As we move along we start to find more and more reasons to hate, eventually we will be in the position we have fought so hard to stay away from.<br />I am not defending the terrorists in any way. I am not saying we should not fight this war. I am not saying we have not suffered a huge loss, and someone needs to pay. My past posts should also evident that! I am saying though that by generalizing our hatred to a large group or religion we are no better than they are.<br />What is next for us then? I was beat up by a black boy in school once, does this give me license to hate ALL black people? He said he hated me because I was white, so.....<br />I got challenged to a fight, and got hit blindside by an indian when I lived on the reservation growing up. He also hated whites, or at least that night he did for whatever reason. Probably the alcohol. BUT does this give me the right to hate all Native Americans? <br />As I asked earlier, who all has fought for thgis country? Does this make you feel like me that all of the fighting, all of the loss, even what we lost personally just by being there killing and fighting, does this make you feel it was all for nothing? The freedom of religion being one of the rights I fought for, now is being trampled because of what? <br />Lets say instead I hate terrorists and their supporters. I hate the folklowers of OBL, and Saddam and the others that want to do us harm. I do not hate Muslims. I respect them for standing firm on their religious beliefs in this country even with people hating them for their religion. <br />In my opinion we have just sank to their level. We hate them for their religion, just like they, the terrorists hate us for our religious beliefs and our country. <br />I for one applaud the P{ostal Service for showing the strength of this country that I have been so proud of. We will not strike out at a religiuous group because of their beliefs or because of the actions of a small part of their group. This stamp shows the "melting pot" that makes up this country! This stamp also represents that no matter what the terrorists do to us, we will stand for what we believe in as a nation. these rights we hold so dear, or should! One of those being the freedom of religion, freedom from oppression.<br />I did not lose any family or friends on 9/11, but it did effect me deeply! I did lose a lot in the first Gulf War. I did lose a lot in the fighting that followed in Afganastan then later in Iraq. <br />If they make a OBL stamp, or a Saddam stamp, then I will join you all in blowing up post offices across the nation. until then, good for them!<br />Now send all of the hate mail to................

Kenneth Brown

Captain

your neck is turning red<br /><br />
Bud- My neck has been red for about thirty years now and I will be thirty one next summer. That neck shines more red than Rudolphs nose ever thought about shining. Rednecks and good old boys have been here forever, and are gonna be here for a lot longer too.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Franky the Federal Employees have too many holidays now. Considering they are generally grossly overpaid (except the Mail handlers) they should work Christmas too.
17.gif
I am a Federal Employee and<br /><br />yes I have worked on Christmas, and every other holiday, Federal, State, or whatever.<br /><br />Planes have to fly, mission will get done!<br /><br />AK Chappy<br /><br />[EDIT] P.S. I don't think I am underpaid.<br />Too many other people do though. Let's let the military get paid 70% of the civilian equivalant, do the same job with less people and the better not complain.<br />I have heard that tooooo many times.<br /><br />couple more years though and I will be retired!!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

"Neck is turning red."<br /><br />Another label to condemn a group with?<br /><br />My neck is red and I came by it honestly, working in the outdoors. Some of my attitudes are stereotypical "redneck", but I find that stereotypes are always wrong about real people.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Redneck=Good. 'Twas the Rednecks that created this!<br /><br />
041906.jpg

oddjob

Commander

I'm tolerant of religions....but muslim fundalmentalists operate like a cult with a negative agenda and absolutly NO tolerance....IMO. to be a true muslim is to take oddjob's life..is that not what the kuran says or is interpeted?

Carphunter

Commander

I, for one, don't take offense to being called a "Redneck". Proud of it.<br /><br />Now Phatman, I despise those son-of-a-#%*&$'s that did all those things you mentioned, and the THOUSANDS of things you did not mention. But, does that mean I hate all Muslims,...........no, but if their religion continually breeds the kind of hatred for Americans, (and life in general) that I have seen, then I got a big problem with anyone that practices that religion.<br /><br />.........and let me tell ya, whether its one incident, or eight, or eight thousand...........one incident, is one too many. And I sure don't appreciate anyone making light of the incidents you listed. Its almost like you don't think those eight incidents are that significant! :confused: <br /><br />It has nothing to do with hating everybody, it has everything to do with holding people accountable for their actions. If someone intends to do harm to my fellow Americans, then they should pay the price, and if you don't agree with that, i'm sure land can be purchased rather cheap in Iraq these days.

spratt

Lieutenant

Perhaps this should be posted in another thread about rednecks, but it fits here...this is my definition of REDNECK...if it fits, great, if it don't, great...<br /><br />· Things that really tick a redneck off is: stealin’ his cowgirl, a male hitting a female, a male cheating on a female, child abuse, abortions (child killers), beatin’ up his haas(word which means buddy), messin with his family, and much more. I tell ya, most rednecks like to fight for their woman and/or to defend their own honor. And I guarantee you if a true redneck sees you do one of the things in this list that redneck will whoop your @ $ $ right then and there <br /><br />· Rednecks know how to treat women. Rednecks know how to respect, love, and care about females. True Rednecks love females for who they are and would never cheat on them. A True redneck would never hit or injur a female. White trash lies to females, cheat on them, beat them, get them pregnant and then leave them (A redneck believes a white trash person like this should be hung by their "YOU KNOW WHAT") <br /><br />Lots about HONOR and RESPECT in there, huh?

woodrat

Ensign

Unbelievable! some of you here are really, really out there if the EID stamp sends you into the red zone. Tolerance? Hello?<br /><br />oddjob;<br />"I'm tolerant of religions....but muslim fundalmentalists operate like a cult with a negative agenda and absolutly NO tolerance....IMO. to be a true muslim is to take oddjob's life..is that not what the kuran says or is interpeted?"<br /><br />where do you get your info about the koran? not from reading it, evidently! exactly what religions are you tolerant of? besides the christian based ones, I mean. What exactly does "tolerant" mean to you? it is evidently news to you and others here as well, but fundmaentalists of ALL religions, including the official american religion, operate like cults with negative agendas and absolutely NO tolerance. Sickeningly funny that on THIS thread anyone would even bring up "tolerance" since it obviously not present in a lot of these responses. <br /><br />I think it is a beautiful stamp and I've used it around the holidays for two years now. If that makes me a terrorist sympathizer, so be it. I have also used hannukah and christmas stamps as well as easter stamps, and would be glad to use a hindu, shinto or aboriginal shaman stamp if such ever exists.<br /><br />These angry intolerant responses to this stamp are exactly the kind of thing that make me fear for this country's future. So much hate! No wonder, oddjob, that the muslims you've seen "do not make any eye contact or conversation when ingaged. "

spratt

Lieutenant

Woodrat, what is so ODD is that I line up with you on this...I really don't care what is on a stamp...what would folks think if Madonna were on a stamp, or how about the Ol' Rugged Cross...or how about Lucifer??? I believe Martin Luther King was on one...seems like the Postal Service prints pretty much what they wanna print, and if one doesn't like them, then DON"T BUY THEM!!! I don't...never have bought specialty stamps..only what is available in a book usually at the grocery store checkout counter...<br /><br />Hmmm...that may be ALL we can line up on though:)

woodrat

Ensign

Originally posted by spratt:<br /> Woodrat, what is so ODD is that I line up with you on this...
wow, that is odd...<br /> :D <br /><br />I have been "into" stamps since i was about 8 years old. I don't really collect them anymore, but I love all the specialty stamps and have been buying and using them all my life. Including (gasp!) the Christian themed ones...

spratt

Lieutenant

"Including (gasp!) the Christian themed ones... "<br /><br />And they didn't burn your fingers?????? :D :D :D

woodrat

Ensign

Originally posted by spratt:<br /> "Including (gasp!) the Christian themed ones... "<br /><br />And they didn't burn your fingers?????? :D :D :D
Nope!<br /><br /> :D :D ;)