Outrageous Postal stamp...

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Outrageous Postal stamp...

12,<br /><br />Thanks for actually considering what my post said rather than automatically dismissing it. <br /><br />In the situation you describe about a hypothetical "American Assemblies of God" attack on Las Vegas, I'd agree with you completely in that it would be totally inappropriate and offensive for the USPS to issue an AAoG holiday stamp. <br /><br />But I think a closer analogy to the actual Islamic holiday stamp issue we're discussing would be this; in the hypothetical situation you described, say there were no specific AAoG stamp. Would it be appropriate for the USPS to ban all stamps related to Christianity because of the act of a lunatic subset of the Christian religion? (lunatic in the hypothetical example of course, not a shot at your religion :)). <br /> <br />I see that as being a closer analogy to consider since the stamp in question isn't specifically linked to Al Queda, the PLO, Hammas, or any other terrorist organization. If it were, I'd be in complete agreement with you. But it's reflective of the Islamic religion in general, not one of the lunatic fringes within Islam. <br /><br />I see banning (or taking offense to) the Islamic stamp in question as being similar to the following; in your hypothetical example, banning a stamp with a manger scene (and nothing that specifically relates to the AAoG) because the AAoG is a Christian religion and the manger scene also relates to Christianity. That just seems unfair to all of the other Christian religions besides the AAoG.<br /><br />Anyways, thanks for listening and considering a different perspective, even if you don't agree with it.