It looks like the party of 'choice' is losing again!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: It looks like the party of 'choice' is losing again!

I don't know what part of this whole thing disgusts me more.. <br /><br />One one hand you have the federal governments intervention into two families extreemly personal affairs... A very bad precident, IMHO.. Another case of government sticking it's nose in where it has absolutely NO business.. Let the family's fight it out, even if it must come to blows....<br /><br />Over there you've got the media sucking it all up and spinning it all out...<br /><br />The mental midgets bickering about which party sucks more... <br /><br />Wacko activists doing hunger strikes... Pure stupidity... <br />(may all the striking activists all share the same fate as Terri)<br /><br /> The name calling.. The "Mike Schivo's a scum bag", ect, ect.... Not one of those who partake in the name calling has spent a day in either Mr. Schivos or Mr. and Mrs. Schindlers shoes... <br /><br />The state of the medical profession, when a MD can't administer a lethal injection to allow a patient to die with dignity because the government calls it murder, but pointless suffering is A-OK...... <br /><br />I think we all should be ashamed that this has gone this far.....<br /><br />Let her go or let her live.. Not our place to say.. Either way, please spare Terri's dignity?.... :(

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> <br /><br />Let her go or let her live.. Not our place to say.. Either way, please spare Terri's dignity?.... :(
It must be a matter of perspective, because that is what many of us who are very vocal about this are conserned with.<br />Snapperbait, I have a living will, and in it, I've stated my life-support limitations, and if that criteria are met, my wife has full power of atourney.<br />This would not be an issue with me, if I were in her shoes. <br />I'm passionately vocal about not letting an inocent woman die. If Mike wants to kill her, all he needs to do,is relinquish all care to the parents.<br />Ask yourself why this hasn't happened. He gave an answer, but what is the truth? Because what he said is convoluted, considering hew can just walk-away.<br />Ask yourself, would we deny food and water to Sadamn, and not be ripped to shreds by the world for inhumanity?<br /> Where is Terri's humanity?<br />If she were on life-support, I could maybe conclude she was being kept alive artificially. But she isn't. She is being starved to death,just as surely as if Hitler were her keeper.<br />And that is murder. Murder is not cool.<br />Hence, this "prying-into her private affairs", as they say. Some of us will pry until they leave her allone or kill her.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The only thing that bother's me a bunch is, If this was her wish, why has it gone 15 years, why not back when it happened or atleast in the first year?<br /><br />What I can gather is that they have been fighting over this for the last 7 years, what about the other 8?<br /><br />Many unanswered questions.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) SBN <br /><br /> "IF" she had a "Living Will" there would not be this problem!!!!!<br /><br />You can "WISH" all you want!!!!!<br /><br /> "IF" it is not in writing it will take a long process such as this case !!!!! ;) :cool:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Yea FR, but the question I ask was why it took him 8 years to come to this decision if that was her wish?

Ralph 123

Captain

1992<br /> <br />Aug - Terri awarded $250,000 in malpractice settlement.<br /><br />Nov - Terri awarded $1.4 million in malpractice trial.<br /><br />Nov - Michael Schiavo awarded $600,000 in malpractice trial.<br /> <br /> <br />1993<br /> <br />Feb - Michael Schiavo denies recommended rehabilitation treatment.<br /><br />Feb - Schiavo and Terri's parents have falling out regarding lack of therapy for Terri.<br /><br />Feb - Schiavo withholds medical information from Terri's parents.<br /><br />Feb - Schiavo posts Do not Resuscitate order in Terri's medical chart.<br /><br />Jun - Schiavo threatens Schindler family with lawsuit.<br /><br />Aug - Schiavo orders medical staff not to treat Terri for potentially fatal infection.<br /><br />Sep - Bob and Mary Schindler petition courts to remove Schiavo as Terri's guardian.<br /><br />Nov - Schiavo admits in deposition that he knew withholding treatment of infection could result in Terri's death.<br /> <br /> <br />1994<br /> <br />Feb - Judge Penick dismisses guardianship suit.<br /><br />Apr - Terri moved to Palm Gardens Nursing Home.<br /> <br /> <br />1995<br /> <br />Sep - Schiavo orders Palm Gardens not to treat Terri for potentially fatal infection.<br /> <br /> <br />1996<br /> <br />Jun - Terri's parents obtain court order for access to Terri's medical records.<br /> <br /> <br />1997<br /> <br />May - Judge Shames approves Schiavo action to remove Terri's nutrition and hydration.<br /><br />Jul - Schiavo's engagement to Jodi Centonze announced.<br /><br />Aug - Attorney Felos's letter notifying Terri's parents of action to remove Terri's nutrition and hydration.<br /> <br /> <br />1998<br /> <br />Jun - Guardian ad Litem appointed by court to investigate Terri's case.<br /><br />Oct - Schiavo offers to donate Terri's inheritance to charity if family agrees to allow removal of her hydration and nutrition.<br /><br />Dec - Guardian ad Litem recommends the court not approve Schiavo's petition.<br /> <br /> <br />1999<br /> <br />Feb - Attorney George Felos files bias charges against Guardian ad Litem.<br /><br />Jun - Guardian ad Litem dismissed by the court.<br /> <br /> <br />2000<br /> <br />Jan - Judge Greer Conducts Terri’s Feeding Tube Removal Trial.<br /><br />Feb - Greer Rules to Remove Nutrition Feeding Tube.<br /><br />Feb – Affidavits filed by 3 doctors state Terri can swallow and is not PVS.<br /><br />Feb - Greer denies petition to allow Terri swallowing tests. <br /><br />Apr - Terri Moved from Palm Gardens Nursing Home to Hospice Facility.<br /><br />Apr - Greer denies motion to return Terri to Palm Garden Nursing home. <br /><br />Apr - Greer imposes restricted visitor list for Terri.<br /><br />Jul - Appeal filed with Appellate Court to overturn Greer’s verdict.<br /><br />Nov - Appellate Court Conducts Oral Arguments.<br /> <br /> <br />2001<br /> <br />Jan 25 - The appellate court upholds Judge Greer’s ruling to remove Terri's feeding..<br /><br />Feb. 8 - Motion for an Appellate Court rehearing or clarification - Denied.<br /><br />Mar 12 - Schiavo petitions to remove Terri’s feeding immediately.<br /><br />Mar 23 - Florida Supreme Court denies motion with the to review Terri's case.<br /><br />Mar 22 - Appellate Court issued a 30 day execution stay.<br /><br />Mar 29 - Judge Greer moves up feeding removal date to April 20, 2001.<br /><br />Apr 1 - The Appellate Court denies extending Terri's stay of execution.<br /><br />Apr 12 - Attorney Anderson files motion disqualify Judge Greer.<br /><br />Apr 16 - Judge Greer denies disqualification motion.<br /><br />Apr 18 - The Florida Supreme Court refuses to hear Terri’s case & denies Stay.<br /><br />Apr 19 - The Federal Court claimed the issue was beyond that court's jurisdiction.<br /><br />Apr 23 - The US Supreme Court refused to hear Terri’s case.<br /><br />Apr 24 - Terri Feeding was terminated.<br /><br />Apr 25 - Schiavo bans Terri brother and sister from visiting Terri.<br /><br />Apr 25 - Schiavo ex girlfriend (Cyndi) reveals Schiavo lied about Terri’s death wishes.<br /><br />Apr 26 - Judge Greer refuses to hear new evidence about Schiavo’s lying.<br /><br />Apr 26 - New evidence compels Civil court Judge Quesada to resume Terri's feeding. <br /><br />Apr 30 - Schiavo files an emergency motion to have Terri's nutritional feeding stopped. <br /><br />May 7 - Affidavit filed by Dr. Hammesfahr (neurology) states Terri is not in a PVS.<br /><br />May 7 - Schiavo charged in the Civil Court with fraud.<br /><br />May 8 - Schiavo ex girlfriend (Cyndi) refuses to testify for fear of Schiavo.<br /><br />May 9 - The 2nd District Court of Appeals announces "Oral Arguments Hearing" date.<br /><br />May 11 - Schiavo motion to negate Judge Quesada's order denied.<br /><br />Jun 1 - Affidavits by five (5) Doctors were filed stating Terri was not in a PVS.<br /><br />Jun 1 - Schiavo excused from rendering his deposition.<br /><br />Jun 18 - Schiavo files an affidavit that Terri is in an irreversible vegetative. <br /><br />Jun 21 - Chief Judge Demers gave Judge George Greer's Court authority to decide whether Terri should have any new medical evaluation or treatment.<br /><br />Jun 25 - A three-member panel presided at the Appellate Court hearing.<br /><br />Jul 11 - The Appellate Court ordered Greer court to conduct evidentiary hearings. The court denied Schiavo's attorneys request to order Terri's feeding stopped. <br /><br />July 23 - Schiavo filed a motion for Judge Greer to immediately stop Terri's feeding. <br /><br />Aug 7 - Judge Greer totally ignored or rationalized all the evidence presented to him. Orders Terri's feeding stopped on August 28, 2001.<br /><br />Aug 10 - Attorney Anderson motion to disqualify Judge Greer denied.<br /><br />Aug 14 - Greer denies request for Conducting Terri Medical Examinations.<br /><br />Aug 16 - Attorney Anderson files a Notice of Appeal with the 2nd District Appeal Court.<br /><br />Aug 17 - Judge Greer grants Terri a stay of execution until October 9, 2001. <br /><br />Aug 20 - Schiavo files with the 2nd District Appeal Court to overrule Judge Greer stay.<br /><br />Oct 7 - 2nd District Appeal Court orders Terri to be neurological tested.<br /><br />Oct 23 - Schiavo files a motion to reverse the Appellate Court neurological tests order.<br /><br />Nov 1 - The 2nd District Court of Appeals denies Schiavo's motion..<br /><br />Nov 16 - Terri's medical testing plan will be determined before a mediator.<br /><br />Dec 19 - Attorneys meet with a mediator in an attempt to agree upon the tests . <br /> <br /> <br />2002<br /> <br />Jan 18 - Mediated agreement failed, testing is back Greer’s courtroom to be resolved.<br /><br />Jan 25 - Attorney Anderson petitioned the court for an evidentiary guardianship hearing.<br /><br />Jan 29 - Judge Greer approved Schiavo's motion to cancel the evidentiary hearing. <br /><br />Feb 7 - Schiavo files with the Florida Supreme Court to overturn the Appellate Court's October ruling which spared Terri's life.<br /><br />Mar 14 - The Florida Supreme Court denied Michael Schiavo’s appeal.<br /><br />Jun 19 - Schiavo objects to the medical and neurological testing.<br /><br />Jul 1 - Judge Greer conducted a 3+ hr hearing involving three issues:<br />1. Schiavo’s Plan to Enroll Terri into a Medicaid Program<br />2 Termination of Schiavo's Attorney Fees<br />3. Equal Payment for Terri's Examining Doctors<br /><br />Jul 10 - Court Hearing again was for the purpose of allowing certain medical tests that were requested to evaluate Terri’s true medical and neurological condition.<br /><br />Jul 12 - Judge Greer ruled -not-to-pay- Terri’s doctors for their professional fees to examine Terri. Notably, in a previous hearing, Judge Greer -approved- payment for Schiavo’s doctors fees.<br /><br />Jul 22 - Judge Greer approved three of Terri’s desired neurological tests and rejected a dozen other.<br /><br />Aug 28 - Judge Greer established the dates for Terri's trial.<br /><br />Oct 2 - Schiavo files petition to prohibit the media from seeing Terri’s recent neurological examination videotapes or airing the video’s to the public after they have been presented to the court as evidence.<br /><br />Oct 2 - Schiavo petitioned the court to authorize Terri’s cremation.<br /><br />Oct 11-22 Terri’s trial<br /><br />Nov15 - Judge Greer conducted a hearing in response to a motion Attorney Anderson filed requesting time to investigate recent evidence suggesting Terri’s heart failure may have been caused by physical abuse.<br /><br />Nov 22 - Greer orders Terri’s starvation death to begin on Jan 3, 2003. <br /><br />Dec 9 - Attorney Anderson filed a ‘Notice of Appeal’ to the 2nd District Appellate Court. <br /><br />Dec 9- Attorney Anderson filed a motion with Judge Greer to ‘stay’ the January 3rd feeding termination date. <br /><br />Dec 10 - Schiavo filed a motion with Judge Greer to strike attorney Anderson’s motion to ‘stay,’ requesting a court hearing to argue his objection. <br /><br />Dec 13 - Judge Greer acquiesced to Michael Schiavo’s attorney motion to conduct a hearing, which resulted in a ‘stay’ being granted, pending appellate resolution.<br /><br />Dec 18 - Schiavo filed a motion with the 2nd District Appellate Court to overturn Judge Greer’s December 13th order. <br /><br />Dec 23 - The 2nd Appellate Court denied Michael Schiavo’s attorney motion to overturn Judge Greer’s December 13, 2002 ‘stay’ order. Furthermore, the Appellate Court established filing dates and scheduled Appellate oral arguments to take place on April 4, 2003.<br /> <br /> <br />2003<br /> <br />Guardian Removal Petition Still Pending…<br />On November 15, 2002, attorney Anderson filed a petition with Judge Greer to remove Michael Schiavo as Terri’s legal guardian. The petition included a declaration of Adversary Proceedings, charging that Michael Schiavo violated a dozen or more specific Florida Statutes while serving in his capacity as Terri’s legal guardian.<br /><br />Apr - Appellate Court Hearing.<br /><br />Jun - Appellate Court Upholds Greer.<br /><br />Jul - Appellate Court Denies Court Review and Stay.<br /><br />Jul - Appellate Court grants 30 day stay.<br /><br />Aug - Terri hospitalized under mysterious conditions, denied visits from her priest.<br /><br />Sep - Emergency hearing to allow visitation and obtain current medical information.<br /><br />Sep - Michael Schiavo ordered by court to give discharge summary to Terri's parents.<br /><br />Sep - Judge Greer scheduled October 15, 2003 for the removal of Terri's sustenance.<br /><br />Oct - 15 Terri's sustenance removed at Hospice Woodside in Pinellas Park, FL.<br /><br />Oct - 20 Florida Legislature and Senate meet in special session Terri's bill is introduced.<br /><br />Oct - 21 Terri's bill approved, signed into law. Governor Bush issues executive orderr.<br /><br />Oct - 23 Michael Schiavo announces plans to sue Governor Bush and challenge Terri's Law as unconstitutional.<br /><br />Oct - Dr. Jay Wolfson of Tampa, Florida assigned as independent Guardian ad Litem.<br /><br />Nov - New Guardianship hearing in Sixth Circuit court. <br /><br />Nov - Disability advocacy groups file Amicus Brief.<br /><br />Nov - Judge Baird to hear case on Terri's Law. Governor not properly served in suit, appeals venue.<br /><br />Nov - Governor Bush petitions to remove Judge W. Douglas Baird on suggestion of bias.<br /><br />Dec - 3 Terri's birthday. Supporters convene at Woodside Hospice. Terri receives more than 1,000 birthday cards and gifts. <br /><br />Dec - Governor Bush denied discovery in Schiavo v Bush. Governor denied subpoenaing witnesses.<br /><br />Dec - 20 Guardian ad Litem dismissed by Judge Demers.<br /><br />Dec - 22 Judge Baird rules that he will issue a summary ruling on Terri's law without a trial. His ruling is withheld until appeals by Governor Bush are ruled upon in the Second District Court of Appeals in Lakeland, Florida.<br /> <br /> <br />2004<br /> <br />Jan - 8, Judge Demers denies petition for reinstatement of Guardian ad Litem

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

12Footer.. Do you not see where this federal case can and probably will go? I'll just about guarntee there will be congressional hearings about all this later on.. The fed deciding what is and is'nt life support, laws about what power of attourny can state, ect, ect...<br /><br /><br />Do you want the Fed to make decisions as to what your living will can state?.... <br /><br />Bud, I'm glad you think you've got all this covered in your living will, but your living will might not be worth the paper it's written on if the Fed starts making decisions for you and I in personal matters where the fed has no business..<br /><br />This whole thing will only end badly, on many levels...

Ralph 123

Captain

SB the rules already exist. Just ask all the Christian Scientists who have been prosecuted over the years for not allowing their spouses or children to be treated by doctors. You can't tell doctors to stop feeding your wife if she has her legs amputated (for example).

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> 12Footer.. Do you not see where this federal case can and probably will go? I'll just about guarntee there will be congressional hearings about all this later on.. The fed deciding what is and is'nt life support, laws about what power of attourny can state, ect, ect...<br />Do you want the Fed to make decisions as to what your living will can state?.... <br /><br /><br />
<br />If there was a will, how could it be called-into question? Since there is none, why are they taking someone's word as fact, who has had soul control over her care, and has expressed his wish for her to be killed?<br />Wrong is wrong. <br />And it's the conngress' JOB to do so, as per article #3 of the constitution.<br /><br />I'm only hoping that said hearings take place BEFORE she dies of dehydration. and that the fed does it's job in defending her basic human rights.<br />It is just black-and-white to me, Go/No-Go.<br />All they can do after she has been murdered, is perform an autopsy.(what do you want to wager,Mikey tries to block THAT),try the murderers, if they can build the case.<br />And I hope he takes three shots from old sparky before his heart stops beating!!!

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> 12Footer.. Do you not see where this federal case can and probably will go? I'll just about guarntee there will be congressional hearings about all this later on.. The fed deciding what is and is'nt life support, laws about what power of attourny can state, ect, ect...<br /><br /><br />Do you want the Fed to make decisions as to what your living will can state?.... <br /><br />Bud, I'm glad you think you've got all this covered in your living will, but your living will might not be worth the paper it's written on if the Fed starts making decisions for you and I in personal matters where the fed has no business..<br />
Forgive me for being rude, but what the #*$&% does this post mean? Do you think laws are simply made up on the spot by you and I?<br /><br />Somewhere, somebody HAS to make a decision about the legal aspects of your living will, about the legal definitions of life support, and exactly what decisions can be made by Power of Attorney. There HAS to be a legal definition or precidence. It must be spelled out in black and white by the powers that be. <br /><br />And quite frankly, I feel safer having one single Federal definition rather than 50 different individual definitions under State Law. That way, your Living Will is legal and binding in ALL states, not just a select few.

jimchere

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wilkin: Read the federalist papers.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

12Footer.. My points here have nothing to do with Terri..<br /><br />Wilkin.. Every situation is different, hence the need for the fed and state government to butt out... Let the persons will stand..<br /><br />The question is, will you Gentlemen stand by idle while the government tells you how you can and cannot die?... I sure as hell won't...<br /><br />Think about this..<br />You lie in a hospital bed, all attempts to save you from your pain have been exhausted... Mr. government suit & tie man comes to your bed side... <br />"Good afternoon Mr. so-&-so.. I'm from the government.. We understand you are in terrible pain and you wish to end your life by having your particular type of life support removed so that you may die... We're so sorry, but now thru some obscure law, your will has been deemed illegal.".<br /><br />Suffer...

SpinnerBait_Nut

Court rejects request to reinsert Terri Schiavo's feeding tube -<br />A federal appeals court refused an emergency request early Wednesday by Terri Schiavo's parents to order a reinsertion of the severely brain-damaged woman's feeding tube.

Scooch_2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

By Robyn Shelton | Orlando Sentinel Medical Writer <br />Posted March 23, 2005 <br /><br /><br />One guest on a TV talk show demanded to know why Terri Schiavo had not had a brain scan recently. Surely a magnetic resonance imaging test, the guest said, would show if she were in a persistent vegetative state.<br /><br />A caller to a talk radio show demanded to know why Schiavo's husband, Michael, had prevented his wife from receiving rehabilitation therapy.<br /><br />The Schiavo case has created a level of hysteria and emotion that is not surprising, considering the life-and-death drama that's unfolding before the nation. But those emotions at times have clouded the facts -- or worse -- especially since Congress intervened last week.<br /><br />Here are the answers to some commonly asked questions about this complex case:<br /><br />Question: What is a "persistent vegetative state" and how is it diagnosed? Is it unusual for doctors to disagree?<br /><br />Answer: People in a persistent vegetative state have lost all higher brain function, including the ability to think, experience emotions and understand the world around them. However, they continue to sleep and wake; open their eyes; breathe on the their own; and even make noises and facial expressions.<br /><br />This is because their brain stems -- the portion of the brain that controls basic functions such as heartbeat and breathing -- continue to function.<br /><br />Those suffering from this condition do not track objects with their eyes, blink on command or respond consistently to cues in the environment. When a patient fails tests over a period of time, doctors consider the condition "persistent."<br /><br />There is no single test, such as a brain scan, that can peer inside the brain and absolutely determine a person's level of mental function. But doctors can diagnose the condition by testing a patient's ability to interact with his or her environment.<br /><br />Doctors who have been appointed by Terri Schiavo's husband and the courts have determined that she is in a persistent vegetative state with no chance of recovery. Her parents and their physicians do not agree, maintaining that she is not vegetative and can recover.<br /><br />Doctors who examine the same patient can reach different conclusions, but time is the best arbiter of diverging views, said Dr. Michael Pulley, an assistant professor of neurology at the University of Florida campus in Jacksonville.<br /><br />"The way to resolve it is to see if there is any change [in the patient's ability to interact] over time," Pulley said, adding that improvements would be expected within the first weeks or months of the injury.<br /><br />Terri Schiavo has been in this state for 15 years.<br /><br />Q: Terri Schiavo appears to respond to her mother in a video released by the family. Her father said that she smiled Monday when he told her that her feeding tube could be re-inserted. Doesn't this show that she is not in a persistent vegetative state?<br /><br />A: Terri Schiavo's parents say this is evidence that she is not in a vegetative state. Court-appointed physicians have not been able to document a consistent, predictable response from Terri that would indicate she is aware of her surroundings.<br /><br />Q: Isn't there new technology that could provide more insight into Terri's condition?<br /><br />A: There is a device called functional magnetic resonance imaging -- or fMRI -- that tracks blood flow to regions of the brain while a person is performing certain tasks. Doctors say this can be used to get more information about a person's brain function, but it is not a conclusive test.<br /><br />Terri Schiavo has undergone a series of diagnostic tests in the past, which showed her brain's electrical function to be flat, court records show. The outcome of those tests supports the diagnosis of "persistent vegetative state." Brain scans show that the area of the brain responsible for higher thinking, the cerebral cortex, has suffered severe atrophy and has been replaced by liquid.<br /><br />Q: Terri Schiavo's parents and a neurologist who examined her several years ago, Dr. William Hammesfahr, say the woman could get better with therapy. Would she be helped by rehabilitation?<br /><br />A: Other doctors have concluded that she will not improve with rehabilitation, and previous attempts with therapy had no effect.<br /><br />Terri underwent more than three years of rehabilitative therapy after her collapse in 1990, and her husband took her to a California center in late 1990 to have an experimental device implanted in her brain in hopes of stimulating activity.<br /><br />Jay Wolfson, who reported to the court in December 2003, wrote: "In recent months, individuals have come forward indicating that therapies and treatments can literally regrow Theresa's brain tissue, restoring all or part of her functions. There is no scientifically valid, medically recognized evidence that this has been done or is possible, even in rats."<br /><br />Q: Hammesfahr, the neurologist who examined Schiavo years ago at her parents' request, has said that Terri could eat and drink on her own if fed. Is this true?<br /><br />A: Doctors performed "swallowing tests" on Terri in 1991, 1992 and 1993 and concluded that she "was not able to swallow without the risk of aspiration," which occurs when fluid or food is inhaled into the lungs.<br /><br />Pulley, from the University of Florida, said that some patients in vegetative states can swallow, but this does not necessarily indicate higher thinking abilities because swallowing is a "reflexive" action

Fly Rod

Commander

:) In Texas, doctors make life or death call such as "Baby Sun" 5 months old, pulled the life support from his tiny body and noboby cared, not even the news media!!!!

eeboater

Commander

Report from Terry Schaivo's brother who visited her last night. Quote "She looks like one of the people in the pictures from the Nazi German concentration camps." Oh yeah, that sounds like a "graceful way to end your life" BS. I can't believe they're going to kill this woman. <br /><br /> :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: <br /><br />Has anyone considered the fact that she is Catholic? And that they are forcing her to commit suicide? Last I heard, that is a sin in the Catholic Religion. So, she wont get her last rights read thus she won't go to heaven. That would mean they are going against her religion, and thus, against her beliefs... thus -- against what she wants to do.<br /><br />Sean

eeboater

Commander

:::::BREAKING NEWS:::::<br /><br />END OF THE LINE: SUPREME COURT REFUSES TO ORDER SCHIAVO TUBE BACK IN<br /><br /><br />Out of options, parents now waiting for her to die.

wvit100

Chief Petty Officer

It's about time. This poor women's plight has been politized enough, the president and the congress have been put in their place. They are not the boss of everyone in this country and the Sepreme Court has said that State's do have the right to decide issues within their bourders.<br /><br />Hopefully the end of her life will be more peaceful than the circus that has been made of her in the last week.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by wvit100:<br />Hopefully the end of her life will be more peaceful than the circus that has been made of her in the last week.
Can you explain to me what is peaceful about slowly starving to death?

wvit100

Chief Petty Officer

you make it sound like she's been eating steak and potatoes for the last 15 years. This women cannot even swallow food and has been fed through a tube. "She" has not been in that body since her heart stopped and her brain died all those years ago. The part of her brain that made her her has withered and been replaced by fluid and all that is running is the automatic functions of breathing, heart beat, etc.<br /><br />If her soul is feeling anything I'm sure it is relief. Hopefully all her family can find relief along with her. And as for the rest of us it is none of our business.