It looks like the party of 'choice' is losing again!

Ralph 123

Captain
Re: It looks like the party of 'choice' is losing again!

I hope all on the other side of this are right that she wanted this, she won't feel any pain and that her husband's motives were pure. I have profound doubts on all accounts and so do many others which is why this case is where it is.<br /><br />Judge Bork was just on Fox and confirmed that only one Judge has ever ruled on any of the facts of the case. All the other rulings have been about law, not the facts. So. I hope this one judge was right. God help him if her autopsy shows this all started as a result of foul play and/or the condition of her brain is other than ruled.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by wvit100:<br /> you make it sound like she's been eating steak and potatoes for the last 15 years. This women cannot even swallow food and has been fed through a tube. "She" has not been in that body since her heart stopped and her brain died all those years ago. The part of her brain that made her her has withered and been replaced by fluid and all that is running is the automatic functions of breathing, heart beat, etc.<br /><br />If her soul is feeling anything I'm sure it is relief. Hopefully all her family can find relief along with her. And as for the rest of us it is none of our business.
wvit100: I accept your POV on that. But, you never answered my question. How is withering away without any food, nutrients, or help a peaceful death? Besides, Michael Schiavo pulled her rehab years ago. Many have said she could learn to feed herself if the you-know-what didn't have a death wish for her.

wvit100

Chief Petty Officer

On what information are you calling him a "you know what"? The spin doctors on this are leading you around by the nose.<br /><br />If this case had been put to you where he was painted as showing genuine dedication to his wife and her wishes and was beening denied the ability to follow through on those wishes then your opinion would be different. What actual proof do you have that shows that he is being anything but genuine in this wish for his wife to die a peaceful death and not be forced to linger in this state any longer.

wvit100

Chief Petty Officer

This "you know what" has been trying to protect her for these past years from the very thing that some many do-gooders are now subjecting her to.<br />Her feeble brain stem has her twitching and blinking on network television, and, her brain having died years ago, she doesn't have the strength to defend herself from this humiliation. It's a national embarrassment. Would Tom Delay want his twitching corpse used in such a fashion?

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

A couple of things.......On the news they only show the pictures of her with her family. She looks healthy. Everyone is only seeing that. If she is looking as bad as her brother is saying why aren't those pictures being put on the news...This really gets me. Husband has right over the BLOOD family. If she is as bad as they say then there has to be a better was then starvation!<br />As for wvit100......she has brain damage...not brain dead. If she was brain dead she would not be able to move or anything. Plus it's his word saying she said this. Did she ever say it to her family? I don't want to see anyone suffer and if it was her wish not to be kept alive like this I would think she would have told more then one person. Besides if he is having such a hard time with it, let the parents take over. They want to anyway.

eeboater

Commander

Hmm... lets see. <br /><br /><br />
  • <br />
  • Testimony from nurses who worked with Terri who overheard Michael say "I wish that b*tch would die"<br />
  • being elated when she took a turn for the worse<br />
  • Upset if anything positive happened to her<br />
  • Refusal by Michael to even let the nurses clean the palms of Terri's hands because the muscles had contracted so much that her nails were digging into her flesh<br />
  • Next to ZERO proof that she wanted to "Die." An off-handed comment while watching a television show somehow doesn't work for me..<br />
  • the fact that he has a FIANCE and two CHILDREN with that FIANCE OUT OF WEDLOCK. --- Thats some serioius dedication to his wife there!<br />
<br /> <br />I could keep going.. but sir, I think YOU are the one being affected by the spin. I think that list above describes the character of Michael Schiavo to a T. An uncaring, you-know-what, as I stated earlier. <br /><br />Sean

Ralph 123

Captain

Maybe wvit100 but it was 7 years before he said she told him that. Coincidentally, it was right after the $1M malpractice settlement award. During that trial, he testified he needed the money to care for Terri for a long time as she was expected to live a long life.<br /><br />There are also affidavits from other parties (not family members) that say, at the time of her collapse, the husband said he did not know her wishes as they never talked about it.<br /><br />There is medical evidence that Terri suffered broken bones (leg, back) and other injuries that were still healing a year after he collapse. The family did not get the reports until years later by court order (the husband had withheld them). The cause of these injuries were never investigated. The family took the reports to the DA. The DA said it looked like attempted murder (so did the paramedics that first found her - they called the police) but the statute of limitations had expired so there was nothing he could do. Now, if the autopsy confirms foul play it may turn into a murder investigation.

Ralph 123

Captain

Big P, the Judge has ordered (for the last few years) that she not be photographed or filmed in any way and that she not be allowed to leave that room. She also can not be audio taped by court order. Also, no one is allowed to see her without the court's or husband's permission.

wvit100

Chief Petty Officer

Jeep - all that you just brought up are statements that were made by people with an agenda to push. You have no proof of any of these statements. Where were these people over the last years and years of court cases? <br /><br />Of course her husband has moved on with his life. I would want my wife to do the same. However, he has stayed loyal to Terri and is trying to follow through on her wishes. He does not want to see her in this state for the next 15 years.<br /><br />And in the wedding the father gives his daughter over to her husband in front of God and everyone in attendance. The marriage bond between a man and a woman is the ultimate bond, even beyond family.

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Ralph:<br /> Big P, the Judge has ordered (for the last few years) that she not be photographed or filmed in any way and that she not be allowed to leave that room. She also can not be audio taped by court order. Also, no one is allowed to see her without the court's or husband's permission.
Interesting. The reason for this is................

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by wvit100:<br /> <br />And in the wedding the father gives his daughter over to her husband in front of God and everyone in attendance. The marriage bond between a man and a woman is the ultimate bond, even beyond family.
Do you have a daughter?

Ralph 123

Captain

According to the family, the Judge does not want the public to see her true condition. If they did, they would never allow this to happen (according to them).

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by wvit100:<br /> You have no proof of any of these statements.
Interesting... you use the "PROOF" argument NOW! I see no proof from Michael saying she wanted to die. I think that putting your support behind his statement is a lot more misguided than behind several people who have said the same thing about Schiavo.<br /><br />Sean

KaGee

Admiral

We long ago reached the point where Technology eclipsed Humanity.<br /><br />Today we realize the THE LAW also eclipses Humanity. God ....forgive us.

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> We long ago reached the point where Technology eclipsed Humanity.<br /><br />Today we realize the THE LAW also eclipses Humanity. God ....forgive us.
That is sad.

eeboater

Commander

Anyone know what caused the fall of Rome? Perhaps the courts ignoring Laws put in place by the federal government? Or do you think it was when their citizens said it was OK to kill people who aren't "healthy" in their eyes....

wvit100

Chief Petty Officer

So Jeep instead of justifing your "proof" you try to turn this around. Can you not just admit that you have no actual proof of any of your statements? I admit that I have only Michael's word to go on. But since I have seen nothing from anyone - and neither have the courts - to make me doubt his honesty then I will have to go along with him.

eeboater

Commander

Sure... here we go:<br /><br /> Sworn Florida Affidavit<br /><br />
Throughout my time at Palm Gardens, Michael Schiavo was focused on Terri’s death. Michael would say “When is she going to die?,” “Has she died yet?” and “When is that ***** gonna die?” These statements were common knowledge at Palm Gardens, as he would make them casually in passing, without regard even for who he was talking to, as long as it was a staff member. Other statements which I recall him making include “Can’t you do anything to accelerate her death - won’t she ever die?” When she wouldn’t die, Michael would be furious. Michael was also adamant that the family should not be given information. He made numerous statements such as “Make sure the parents aren’t contacted.” I recorded Michael’s statements word for word in Terri’s chart, but these entries were also deleted after the end of my shift. Standing orders were that the family wasn’t to be contacted, in fact, there was a large sign in the front of her chart that said under no circumstances was her family to be called, call Michael immediately, but I would call them, anyway, because I thought they should know about their daughter.
Noone from that hospice has rebuffed that yet, and if someone did, don't you think that the "neutral news reporting" would have found someone?<br /><br />"Whens that b*tch going to die artcle"<br /><br /> Neurologist: Terri NOT PVS.<br /><br />Lets see... what do you have from Michael... hmm.. oh yeah. Nothing. Why? There's only one person who's saying it ---- the slithering snake himself, Michael Shiavo.

Fly Rod

Commander

Originally posted by Ralph:<br /> According to the family, the Judge does not want the public to see her true condition. If they did, they would never allow this to happen (according to them).
TRUE CONDITIONS!!!!!! Give me a break!!!!!<br />Her true condition has been plastered on every news station for a long time!!!!!<br /><br />Where were all these new professionals that agree with the defense the last 15 years?????<br /><br />The parents will be making bookoo money on movie rights and you and I the tax payer are paying for all this crap!!!!!!

SoulWinner

Commander

Jeep, obviously, not all severely brain damaged people are starving to death in Florida. Some of them are regular posters to this forum ;)