It looks like the party of 'choice' is losing again!

jimchere

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: It looks like the party of 'choice' is losing again!

This has only been the beginning of this fight. I shall write my senator, congressional representative, governor, and the President. I expect the tortous killing of an American citizen under the guise of hearsay by the judicial branch to be addressed. Perhaps she wanted this, perhaps she didn't..we will never know. The fact remains that it could not be proven BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT, the standard we unceremoniously let fly when heinous criminals walk and when innocent people are prosecuted. She was never given DUE PROCESS because so many testimonies and opinions remain unturned or suppressed.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by Barlow:<br /> I don't know why I wasted my time reading this for the first time just now.. <br /><br />GOD!!! .... PLEASE LET THE LAKES THAW OUT!!!
AMEN!

mattttt25

Commander

you guys can spin this into a political debate all you want, and argue back and forth. i'm staying out of it.<br /><br />here's my question- i've always been told the human body can survive 2-3 weeks without food, but only 3-4 days without water. it's a common theme when we hear about these extreme survival cases.<br /><br />how the hell is she going to last 2 weeks?

Ralph 123

Captain

Well your info is wrong. Trust me I know. It took 14 days...<br /><br />Terri is on Day 6 without food and water

wvit100

Chief Petty Officer

Jim, your wrong - <br /><br />"The fact remains that it could not be proven BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT, the standard we unceremoniously let fly when heinous criminals walk and when innocent people are prosecuted. She was never given DUE PROCESS because so many testimonies and opinions remain unturned or suppressed. "<br /><br />Here's what the judge said today - <br /><br />"Theresa Marie Schiavo cannot live without a nutrition and hydration tube and Dr. Cheshire does not suggest otherwise. By clear and convincing evidence, it was determined she did not want to live under such burdensome conditions and that she would refuse such medical treatment/assistance," Greer wrote.

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

You know whats amazing is that according to my Doc. poor Terri got into this state from being anorexic. Why has this not made the news. Or is this another one of those he said she said reports. I have tendency to belive what my doc say but I'm not sure of her source. Anybody know what the underlying reason for her condition.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by mattttt25:<br /> here's my question- i've always been told the human body can survive 2-3 weeks without food, but only 3-4 days without water. it's a common theme when we hear about these extreme survival cases.<br />how the hell is she going to last 2 weeks?
Matt... The three to four day thingy is when someone is in the elements... say lost in the woods. It all depends on the environment. Plus ya have to figure that this girl was well hydrated up to the point they pulled the tube.

Fly Rod

Commander

;) Kelton Krew<br /><br />Baby sun was not nationalized through out this country like the Terri Shiavo case!!! It may have been a big thing in Texas, but it was not in the rest of the country!! As you know Shiavo was on 24/7!!!!!<br /><br />And I'm sure that some people on this forum didn't know anything about Baby Sun!!!!! ;) :cool:

jimchere

Petty Officer 1st Class

WVIT, I disagree.<br /><br />Here's what the judge said - <br /><br />"Theresa Marie Schiavo cannot live without a nutrition and hydration tube and Dr. Cheshire does not suggest otherwise. Since when was one doctor rendered ultimate deciso when other qualified med pros disagree? By clear and convincing evidence, it was determined she did not want to live under such burdensome conditions and that she would refuse such medical treatment/assistance," Greer wrote. What is the "CLEAR AND CONVINCING EVIDENCE other than HEARSAY from her...ummm....ex..no...husband...yea, that dude.<br />Good to hear from you again...Jim

Ralph 123

Captain

FR - it sure was. It's been on the news everyday His name is "Sun" because the mother said the Sun god appeared to her, yada, yada, yada.... How would I know that so well if it weren't all over the news?<br /><br />JG - Terri was first said to have collapsed due to high potassium brought on by Bulimia. That caused a heart attack and brain damage. <br /><br />Subsequent tests showed no heart attack and the cause of the collapse is now undetermined. When the paramedics first arrived, they thought it was a crime scene and called the police. Bone scans done a year later showed mending broken bones (leg and back) and the cause has never been determined.<br /><br />This is the basis of the last appeal going on right now in the Federal Courts.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Ralph!!! :D <br />Do ya have any aspirin??? I'm getting a headache!!!<br /><br />Wow!!!!! Just seen a 10 point buck get arrowed on TV!!!!<br /><br />"Baby Sun" as he is known in the media difinitly did not have the coverage that Terri has had nation wide!!! Yes Ralph you and I may have seen Baby Sun on the news around her, but he did not get the nation wide exposure 24 hrs. a day!!! ;) :cool:

Ralph 123

Captain

ROLMAO FR Me too! Can't take any more of this snow! This winter has been about as bad as I've seen in 40 yrs here in lovely Bay State... We just keep getting whacked down here on the South Shore!

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class

Never heard of "baby sun" and I watch court tv and cnbc and fox news most all day. dave

Fly Rod

Commander

:) I hear ya Ralph!!! We have had over 100" and you have more then us!!!!Good weather is coming!!!!<br /><br />Weathermen messed up yesterday !!! They should have stayed with there morning report!!! By the time I went to bed I exspected to wake up to a Blizzard!!!! Only had a 1/2"!!! ;) :cool:

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

lotsa posts for this thread. Anybody here actually do anything for either side of this issue, other than posting opinions, do anything to help Terri live or die. Just a question folks.<br /><br />Me, I have done no more than keep Terri in my thoughts. Bless her........

D

DJ

There is not one heck of allot one can do except remember, and VOTE.<br /><br />Less than half the eligible people in this country vote. One gets the product of ones apathy.<br /><br />I WILL remember and I WILL vote.

mattttt25

Commander

i guess i was wrong. a little research revealed a person can live 50-80 days without food in some cases, and 3-14 days without water.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) PJC<br />I can give you a PO Box Number to send a hefty donation!!!!!<br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />> Only Kidding!!!!! ;) :cool:

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

LOL Fly Rod!<br /><br />Looks like the Judicial appeals, etc. are about over as of this AM.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

When the part of her brain that processes awareness is missing, when the part of her brain that does cognative thought and reasoning is missing, what in the world makes anyone think she will ever get any better?<br /><br />She is just like those babies born without a brain. They open their eyes, move their hands, breath, heart beating, make sounds and nurse. They are perfect in every other way. But they have no brain, only a brain stem. The doctors know it is only a matter of hours or days, and that baby will die. At least they let them die and don't force feed them. And no one pretends that they will get better and grow a brain, unlike Terri's parents who think she is capable of growing new brain tissue with proper therapy.<br /><br />Can the Schindlers say "denial"?