1999 Bayliner Project

bear_69cuda

Commander
Re: 1999 Bayliner Project

Mark42,

I saw a Doral boat with light posts mounted in ski locker,

Meadfisher,

LEDs are more for ambiance , still light up nice though... The interior is stock color.

Here is a better pic of the finished panel, and on test mounted on port side.

jse_08MAR09_141.jpg

jse_08MAR09_140.jpg

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

Staring to resemble a completed boat again!

Man that wiring looks like it took forever! I bet it would be relaxing if it wasn't getting so nice outside (rather relax on the water than the driveway) ;)

Did you replace all of the factory wiring as well, or is that just for the additional stuff?

bear_69cuda

Commander

Hey Lowkee,

Factory harness is the same. Basically I just spliced into it, removing the helm fuse panel from cranking battery, and running a 12v lead to ignition. Now everything is isolated to house battery, leaving the starboard battery only for starting the boat. I can also combine batteries 12v parallel if need be...

Meadfisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey Lowkee,

Factory harness is the same. Basically I just spliced into it, removing the helm fuse panel from cranking battery, and running a 12v lead to ignition. Now everything is isolated to house battery, leaving the starboard battery only for starting the boat. I can also combine batteries 12v parallel if need be...

Thats it Boss. That is how mine will perform as-well. Great work, lol new pics pls. :p

bear_69cuda

Commander

Gang,

nothing that exciting... I wired my trolling motor receptacle in the port bow side-pad. And finished wiring up and installing the bow nav light post base. Installed both of the bow pads, forward section of boat is nearly complete...

jse_08MAR09_146.jpg

jse_08MAR09_142.jpg

jse_08MAR09_143.jpg

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Bear, I just went through all your wiring photos in detail. Man, you sure do nice work! And that is one big hunk of change you got in that hardware! Looked up that ProSport charger to see what it was, and read the specs on it. Very nice charger. Must be nice to have the boat in 100% ready status at all times. :)

The lights in the panels look cool. Amber color should look nice with the white upholstery at night.

jcsercsa

Captain

Nice work there cuda !!!!! The bow looks great !!! which trolling motor do you have ?? I've been looking at the Motorola 55 lbs thrust , 12 volt dont know if i want to put it on my glastron or the crownline ??? lol John

bear_69cuda

Commander

Hey Gang,

Thought I'd get the mount for the trolling motor toady, but she's not at work. :( Maybe tomorrow! Gonna try and do some wiring on the aft starboard side tonight...

Mark,

I get carried away sometimes. I just want reliability being responsible for others in the boat. So I want to fully understand how my systems work and tend to maybe be a tad anal :eek: Thanks for the kind words sir!

John,

I went with a Motorguide W55. You could simply interchange the motor between either boat. Just have a mounting plate on both! ;) Thanks also for the nice comments!

Meadfisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Gang,

nothing that exciting... I wired my trolling motor receptacle in the port bow side-pad. And finished wiring up and installing the bow nav light post base. Installed both of the bow pads, forward section of boat is nearly complete...

I really dig what youve done with ss hurry up, man she is just packed with all kinds of hidden cool suprizes, why dont you fly down to vegas and customize my bow :D.

Oh next week at some point when my top cap is back on my boat, I wanna take some pics of my battery area, and get your input, about making the most out of my space, Im thinking I want to build custom panels in front of the battery storage places on both sides of the dog house, add subs and amp, right now it is just an open space, but i am seeing a blank canvas.

xxturbowesxx

Chief Petty Officer

Im looking to replace my carpet with a similar substance as you have used for your deck covering plus snap in carpet and your thread has been my sole reference point. Awesome project and you have done top notch work..

bear_69cuda

Commander

About to go hit the garage for a few hours... Feeling like a break, kinda burned out. Should have the trolling motor mount tomorrow I hope! I need it mounted before I get the cover made on May 2nd.

Meadfisher,

I would be honored to help you in any way on you boat. Either PM me or we could chat on phone. I've never been to Vegas... But visiting lake Mead or Lake Powell would be awesome! Maybe if I visit someday I could get a ride in the boat?

xxturbowesxx,

Those are kind words my friend. Thanks! I look forward to seeing your boat and progress...

Peace dudes!

Meadfisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class

About to go hit the garage for a few hours... Feeling like a break, kinda burned out. Should have the trolling motor mount tomorrow I hope! I need it mounted before I get the cover made on May 2nd.

Meadfisher,

I would be honored to help you in any way on you boat. Either PM me or we could chat on phone. I've never been to Vegas... But visiting lake Mead or Lake Powell would be awesome! Maybe if I visit someday I could get a ride in the boat?

xxturbowesxx,

Those are kind words my friend. Thanks! I look forward to seeing your boat and progress...

Peace dudes!

Goes without saying man, Oh I think you might like it out here, even if it is just a vacation, weather is really starting to get nice, mid 70's all week, and next week up to the 90's, then it will stay like that for a few weeks , and then its all downhill from there, but Im pretty used to it, so it dosent bother me that much.

either way is cool w/ me, tell ya what Ill shoot you a PM, and include my cell, I am not certain the exact day I will be ready,( when top cap is in place, tomorrow or the nxt day), however what I do know is I have plenty of plywood, a lot of carpet and ample matching upholstery, my idea is pretty simple and modeled after your battery compartment, now what Im thinking is measuring from the bottom of top cap, with the dog house in place, and essentially I would like to build compartments in between the sides both sides of the doghouse using one of these panels to hold the sub ( using the compartment as the sub box ), and mount my amp batt swith and other various electrical stuff inside, then on the other side it will just be storage, less the second battery, lol any of that make sense? sometimes the way I explain things comes off a lil crazy...

Yar.

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Wow that is looking good! Keep it up! You are giving me a ton of good ideas and I think that I am going to have to try out Greg's marine for some wiring myself!

Cheers,
Yar.

bear_69cuda

Commander

Thanks Yar,

Greg's wiring is the shizzle...

Not much to update.

Still wiring, and now have the new actuator tops for my Smart Tabs... So I'll be drilling more holes in the boat, getting them installed!

Still no trolling motor mount! :(

PS. If anyone feels like reviewing my wiring schematic before I splice into my stock harness feel free... Not getting any bites on the electronics forum.
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=306224

bear_69cuda

Commander

Gang,

I got my trolling motor mount back!

I love it! All 10 ga stainless... A friend of mine mostly designed, fabricated, and welded up for me. I love the lines, and it's simplicity... I decided to paint it textured argent silver. What do ya think?

jse_08MAR09_148.jpg

jse_08MAR09_147.jpg

Since it's gonna rain all weekend, I should be able to finish wiring, maybe fire her up, and possible start reassembling the interior.

The boat regardless will be leaving next Saturday to have it's cover made. I'm using a material call Top-Gun. It will be light grey in color and will snap on just below the rub rail.

http://www.yourautotrim.com/seagullgray.html

If I can find Jedi power, I might possibly have "Hurry Up" in the water by the end of May! Maybe sooner! :D

JaSla74

Chief Petty Officer

Looks like a nice piece, although it'll cooler once it's mounted

Meadfisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Gang,

I got my trolling motor mount back!

I love it! All 10 ga stainless... A friend of mine mostly designed, fabricated, and welded up for me. I love the lines, and it's simplicity... I decided to paint it textured argent silver. What do ya think?

Since it's gonna rain all weekend, I should be able to finish wiring, maybe fire her up, and possible start reassembling the interior.

The boat regardless will be leaving next Saturday to have it's cover made. I'm using a material call Top-Gun. It will be light grey in color and will snap on just below the rub rail.

http://www.yourautotrim.com/seagullgray.html

If I can find Jedi power, I might possibly have "Hurry Up" in the water by the end of May! Maybe sooner! :D

Damn dude, Have your buddy make one for me too, I really like that mount its sharp. Me personally I woldnt even paint it, but thats just me.

bear_69cuda

Commander

Thanks dudes,

I didn't want to paint it, but he glassed beaded it and it had a mat finish. When I drilled out the mounting holes, it got all scratched up... I tried to polish it up and got frustrated due to all the nooks I couldn't reach. So I said the hell with it, and laid down paint... Maybe if the paint chips, I'll powdercoat it. Just don't have time...

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

That mount sure came out nice. You're friend does good work. Might consider manufacturing those for sale!

bear_69cuda

Commander

Gang,

Things are going well today!

Mark, My friend only wanted to charge $50 for the trolling motor mount! So I added a $50 tip... I figure it's worth way more than that!

I'm finished wiring the stern area! Ready to install batteries! :D Still need to attach the transducer, and shore power plug for the charger.

Next I'll attach battery boxes, mount trolling motor, and finish stereo, and helm wiring, (trim gauge, 15A in-line power for ignition), and bada-bing! Now all the switch functions (bilge pump, blower, lights, etc...) are on house battery!

jse_08MAR09_152.jpg

jse_08MAR09_153.jpg

jse_08MAR09_154.jpg

jse_08MAR09_156.jpg