1999 Bayliner Project

bear_69cuda

Commander
Re: 1999 Bayliner Project

Boat is at cover maker!

He's redoing a 1963 Chris-Craft 327 with through hull, all wood! Nice!

Here is why my prop was rubbing the gear case on my out drive!

Thrust washer stuck to old prop :eek:

Never knew about a thrust washer! :D Rookie!!!!!!!!!!!

jse_08MAR09_185.jpg

jse_08MAR09_183.jpg

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

Man, you sound like you are at the final steps.. cover making!! Things are looking awesome. Have you hooked up the battery and flipped the switch yet? Have you dared? :eek: After all that wiring, I would need a beer just to calm the nerves before 'the big flip'.

You can always tell a boat nut when the boat gets its own custom parking space. No car of mine ever got a custom space, yet my boat will. I'm betting you will be measuring the distance from the tires to the tongue stand for where to place those pavers exactly far enough for your boat, hehe. If you ever get a longer boat you'll have to sell your house in order to start over ;)

If you can mange it, steal someone's vid camera for the 1st launch (or take lots of pics). Always nice to see a completed project hit the water.

bear_69cuda

Commander

Ahhh, Lowkey my friend you know me well!

Sunk the interlocking pavers, and leveled out soil, removed some grass, and prepped surface with weed barrier...

Man I'm cashed!

3 tons of the rock delivered tomorrow A.M.!

And yes I have special 2 x 2' pavers for the tires and tongue to rest on! :D

bear_69cuda

Commander

Morning Gang,

Well I picked up the boat from the cover maker. Incredible work! The outdrive cover looks like a strange boat condom according to my neighbor! :eek:

The wife had the camera so I hope to take some pics tonight!

The cover did well on it's beta test in a thunderstorm on the way home. Not a drop of water inside the boat!

I'm in the final stretch now!

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Nice stone work. Boat gets it own parking spot, eh? So is the cover going to protect the boat all year, or just for the boating season?

bear_69cuda

Commander

Hi Mark,

This is only a summer parking spot. Will be stored in my friends building in the winter... Moving stone is fun! :(

Hey Justin,

Things I need to do are...

Finish wiring stereo (and install head unit).

Mount transducer.

Mount fishing deck.

Finish seat boxes in stern.

Install Smart Tabs.

Clean and finish installing interior.

Install Bimini top.

Buff and wax hull exterior, and marine tex (gel coat touch-up a few spots)

See if boat starts! :eek:

Go for test run.....

Enjoy the summer!!!! :D

bear_69cuda

Commander

A few pics of the new cover...

The clam shell looking things are vents...

And the condom looking thingy covers my outdrive! :eek:

jse_boat_001.jpg

jse_boat_002.jpg

jse_boat_004.jpg

jse_boat_005.jpg

Nico2112

Petty Officer 1st Class

That cover looks really snug, a perfect fit. Outdrive condom looks a bit loose;):D

You have done an outstanding pro-looking job mate!

Can't wait to see the finished job, you're getting really really close.

Congratulations!

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

What material is the cover made out of? Do you have to apply water proofing or is it a plastic type weave?

Sure does look like they made a perfect fit!

bear_69cuda

Commander

Nico2112

Thanks for the kind words sir!

I love your Glastron! I've checked it out on another thread you had going... Looks like you live in a beautiful part of the world!

Hi Mark,

Here is info on the material... It's water proof and requires no applications. Doesn't breathe as well as Sunbrella, but is more watertight. This is why he put vents in, so it could exhaust and keep from mildewing.

http://www.yourautotrim.com/topgun.html

jcsercsa

Captain

Very cool top there Cuda !!!!!! how hard was it to make ?? John

bear_69cuda

Commander

Hi John,

I didn't make the top, Howard Lohaus ( Lowhaus Covers ) made it... He kicked it out in 3 days. I'm sure easy for him, but would have been a nightmare for me! :eek:

xxturbowesxx,

I've not spent excessive time in the boat barefooted yet. I was curious and did check it out a few times. The Durabak texture is recycled rubber, so it has give unlike silica. Not sure if I would like to spend all day on it, but this is why I have snap-in carpet option for the deck. If I'm fishin no carpet. If I'm chilling with guests, then the carpet goes in...

Nico2112

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Cuda:)

One thing I'm curious about, how did you rig the speakers to hide the wires?

I did a portable stereo system for my Glastron, it's like a boom box made out of plywood which nests a CD player and 2 6" woofers and 2 2" tweeters; I left two cables from the panel to just plug it in everytime; when the day ends, I just unplug it, and off the boat it goes.

I was thinking about installing the speakers permanently and just make the CD player removable, but I can't think of a way for the wires to be out of the way.

Any tips?

Cheers!

bear_69cuda

Commander

Nico2112

I ran all the wires in the gunnel's/gunwales. If you look on your boat there should be wiring runs from the stern battery area to the helm. Find where they are and simply zip-tie speaker cable to this bundle of wire...

JaSla74

Chief Petty Officer

Lookin good bear. Like the cover. So when are you gonna quit your tinkering & get on the water!?!