1999 Bayliner Project

bear_69cuda

Commander
Re: 1999 Bayliner Project

Batteries are in!

Now onto trolling mounting the trolling motor!

jse_08MAR09_157.jpg

Meadfisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Batteries are in!

Now onto trolling mounting the trolling motor!

What keeps those battery boxes in place? they do not slide? I went with floor mounted casing to prevent any movement, I cannot see from these pics if they are secured in place or not...

If they are and I am just not seeing it, how are they held into position without being able to slide or move?

Do you have screws with washers holding them to the floor?

bear_69cuda

Commander

They have brackets screwed to the deck. The straps you see, are secured by the bracket under the batteries.

azlakes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

... heya bear,

good to see you split the weight of the batteries, i think meadfisher has a point. ur straps may hold from a shift side to side but fore and aft bounce it may want to slide out. batteries get to moving and straps may not cut it. i have a similar setup on an inflatable and screwed the batt box to the plank. the straps were more to keep the cover on.

i'd hate to see your engine bay get beat up!

later

bear_69cuda

Commander

The boxes have grooves in the bottom to prevent moving, I can't even budge them at all... I think I'm good... But I do appreciate the advice!

Here are pics of the mock-up trolling motor mounted. I need to permanently attach, and use sealant...

jse_08MAR09_160.jpg

jse_08MAR09_164.jpg

maxum247

Lieutenant

That trolling motor bracket is sharp! Trolling motors pretty cool too!:)

jcsercsa

Captain

Very Nica there Cuda, looks sharp !! how many Lbs is it ?? like maxum247 said love that bracket !! john

JaSla74

Chief Petty Officer

Lookin sweet bear. Hope you're on the water soon. I'm hitting the lake tomorrow. Warm weather finally seems here to stay.

Meadfisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class

LOL, right on dude, I didnt figure they were just sliding around loose.. more or less just curious as to what kept them in place, as long as they are secure man thats all. I knew you were way too savvy to have them just flopping around in the back, but I did want to see how exactly you kept them there.

Man, really loving the way that trolling motor looks, very very clean, loooks like it was always ment to be there, what Im saying is, it doesnt look out of place or over custom, it looks like it could be from the factory, really good job, Im sure nobody feels better about it than you do, but man it sure completes that bow.

Great work brotha~

bear_69cuda

Commander

I'm about 95% finished with wiring! :D

Just need to complete Sony head unit, and mount depth transducer!

Some pics under helm.

Note: separate 15A for ignition circuit power. All starting functions on bat 1 and all other electrical functions for house on bat 2.

Also trolling motor has plug installed.

jse_boat_008.jpg

jse_08MAR09_170.jpg

bear_69cuda

Commander

Getting ready to install interior!

"SS Hurry Up" is starting to look like a boat again! :D

I can't wait to sit in the middle of some beautiful lake, chillaxin, drinkin a cold brew!!!!!!! :)

jse_08MAR09_171.jpg

jse_08MAR09_174.jpg

jse_08MAR09_175.jpg

Meadfisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Getting ready to install interior!

"SS Hurry Up" is starting to look like a boat again! :D

I can't wait to sit in the middle of some beautiful lake, chillaxin, drinkin a cold brew!!!!!!! :)

Chillaxin eh' yeah that sounds about right!

Your not trying to waiste anytime are ya'? lol

Netjunky

Seaman Apprentice

WOW!!! I just read the entire thread..what a top notch job your doing to this boat and you have documented very well. I'm now inspired to start work on my boat. Second career perhaps??

bear_69cuda

Commander

Justin, Thanks man!

Ryan, Hence "Hurry Up" :D

Netjunky, Thanks for those words... It's been a journey, but nothing compared to others and the work they do to their boats... I was lucky to start with a solid boat! Second career... Hummmmm... Not sure I could take the fiberglassing! But again thanks! Inspiration is a good thing! Be sure and document your project as well!

Peace out!

Meadfisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Justin, Thanks man!

Ryan, Hence "Hurry Up" :D

Netjunky, Thanks for those words... It's been a journey, but nothing compared to others and the work they do to their boats... I was lucky to start with a solid boat! Second career... Hummmmm... Not sure I could take the fiberglassing! But again thanks! Inspiration is a good thing! Be sure and document your project as well!

Peace out!

AHA, I see capn, I see!

Hurry up and be done! :p

bear_69cuda

Commander

Update,

Mad rush to have all that's completed battened down, as I take the boat tomorrow to have it's cover made...

I wired the speakers up yesterday.

bear_69cuda

Commander

I should have it back late next week....
This weekend I have to build a parking place on the side of my driveway for the her. I'm using interlocking concrete pavers for edging and filling with 3.5 tons of American river wash stone. The pad will be 22 x 9'. I'll also be placing 2 x 2' pavers under the tires, and to support the tongue.

Meadfisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I could sure use a drive way for my boat :D

youll have to show us pics of your concrete work as-well.

Cant wait to see it all done when she comes out of there next week.

What is next on your agenda? water play or do you have something that is a "must" before that point?

I am just curious, because everytime I think I am just about done and the list is all but dpeleted, I find another issure or something I just want to do better.

either way I am certain you have an ETA for h20 time, lol I know I do.

Well good luck man and keep us updated with whats next.