1999 Bayliner Project

Meadfisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1999 Bayliner Project

Werd! I just picked up some new carpet as-well, mine has the same black mat on the underside like yours, but I have no snaps. Hmm gives me a thought, may be I would like some snaps. Carpet was $200, but He gave me 20', and for another $80 he gave me 10 yards on vinly marine upholstery, so I didnt do too bad.

I also need to rewire my trolling motor, hmm Damn everytime I read your threads, it makes me want to do more lol.

Great job man.

bear_69cuda

Commander

Thanks MeadFisher...

Thought it would be cool, and save space if I mounted these lights under ski locker.

jse_08MAR09_111.jpg

Pic of new trim anode, due to Solas prop hitting the stock style...

jse_08MAR09_114.jpg

And a pic of my friends Harley he's tastefully moding out...

jse_08MAR09_108.jpg

I'm working on wired odds & ends waiting for wiring delivery... Can't re-assemble interior till she's wired up...

JaSla74

Chief Petty Officer

Dude that's cool idea. They won't bang off too easy will they?

bear_69cuda

Commander

No way,

They clip in snug as a bug in a rug......;)

The clip I got here on iboats, are specifically for this app...

Other boats also have this option factory...

bear_69cuda

Commander

Holy Smoke! :eek:

USPS shows up today with my order from Greg's Marine Wiring. Killer quality! Every end perfectly crimped, heat shrink, wrapped, taped, and zip-tied for shipping. I ordered this 3 days ago!!!!!!!!! I highly recommend Greg to anyone with wiring projects.

http://gregsmarinewiresupply.com/

Now the light is visible at the end of the tunnel! Time to put it in gear again bruthas!

jse_08MAR09_116.jpg

jse_08MAR09_117.jpg

jse_08MAR09_118.jpg

bear_69cuda

Commander

Started getting interior side panels ready to mount. Working on Polk speaker and LED courtesy lighting installation today.

jse_08MAR09_120.jpg

jse_08MAR09_121.jpg

Meadfisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Started getting interior side panels ready to mount. Working on Polk speaker and LED courtesy lighting installation today.

Damn dude wanna trade boats? Im j/k, you really have turned that lil boat into quite the "ship", I might add nice speakers too* I totally have to see pics of the led lighting, I have been contemplating adding leds as-well, Thats Awseom Greg's eh', duely noted *for any future wiring needs. I also got quite a bit more done added alot of new pics in photobucket, but the lights was a sick idea, and came out really clean and out of the way until needed, I really liked that idea. Keep up the great work!

88BLiner

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey Bear, awesome job on the rewiring and electronics. I am definitely going to have to talk to you when I get to that stage in my project!

bear_69cuda

Commander

Just some pics of chaos and hell! :redface:

This part freaks me out! None of the wiring has been secured, I'm just getting an idea how to map things out...

GOOD TIMES!

jse_08MAR09_122.jpg

jse_08MAR09_123.jpg

jse_08MAR09_124.jpg

Meadfisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This part freaks me out! None of the wiring has been secured, I'm just getting an idea how to map things out...

GOOD TIMES!

I rest assured youll get it mastered, lol I cheat and use my friend who is an electrician, and he does wonders, well youll get to see as it gets completed this week. looks really nice on the inside (yours), I have been thinking about constructing a carpeted box w/ latch and keeping batts and amp in that, but who knows, no matter where I end up putting it Im certain it will look nice, maybe not quite as nice as yours, but a great starting canvas that I will be able to modify as time goes on.

Meadfisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class

GOOD TIMES!

LOL Chaos and Hell, thats classic, werd*

bear_69cuda

Commander

Some order from chaos...

I spoke to a marine electrician that makes house calls... He will inspect my electrical work so "SS Hurry Up" doesn't burst into flames the first time I hook the batteries up! :eek:

jse_08MAR09_125.jpg

jse_08MAR09_126.jpg

jse_08MAR09_127.jpg

Meadfisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Some order from chaos...

I spoke to a marine electrician that makes house calls... He will inspect my electrical work so "SS Hurry Up" doesn't burst into flames the first time I hook the batteries up! :eek:

LOL, now your beginning to take my approach @ things, Im j/k, all I know is a pro electrician in my case certainly fits the bill, let me know how it turns out.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Hey Bear! That's looking good. Nice touch with the pole lights under the ski locker. You say that is a factory option on other models?

The wiring job will come out nice once you secure the wires. You have lots of space to work the layout of the wire.

Nice to see the boat coming a long.

I'll be putting in my second order for wire from Greg soon. Have all the courtesy lights do do in the cuddy and cabin.

Keep up the good work!

maxum247

Lieutenant

bear,

I don't know alot about electrical wiring but it sure looks neat enough!

max

Meadfisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class

More progress,

I have all of my battery management system on port side. Power amp for stereo is also wired up... That was a lot of work!!!

Looking sharp, I like to keep my wiring all uniform as-well, lol even if I am not doing it myself. Its really taking shape man, I dunno man, were neck and neck 2 the water. Keep it up!

bear_69cuda

Commander

Gang,

I'm about 75% finished wiring. I had a marine electrician stop over and verify my wiring. He was impressed with my work, and was expecting a cluster *%($... He didn't even charge me for his time. What a cool cat. Anyhow I finished one of the interior side panels, including mounting both 5.25" Polk's, and my LED courtesy lights. Kinda cool! I may be able to put the muffs on the Alpha I and fire her up next weekend... We'll see....

jse_08MAR09_130.jpg

jse_08MAR09_133.jpg

jse_08MAR09_136.jpg

Meadfisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Gang,

I'm about 75% finished wiring. I had a marine electrician stop over and verify my wiring. He was impressed with my work, and was expecting a cluster *%($... He didn't even charge me for his time. What a cool cat. Anyhow I finished one of the interior side panels, including mounting both 5.25" Polk's, and my LED courtesy lights. Kinda cool! I may be able to put the muffs on the Alpha I and fire her up next weekend... We'll see....

Yeah buddy, I like those side panels, was that the original interior color and theme, or did you modify it, less adding speakers of course. Those lilghts are kinda cool, I want quite a bit of light, how well do they alluminate in the dark? I am still contemplating LED lights. I really like the way those side panels turned out super sweet.