1999 Bayliner Project

sprintst

Commander
Re: 1999 Bayliner Project

I'd bet you'd have people lining up to buy those custom made SS motor brackets...

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

I like your rear seats idea.....I breezed thru your thread and couldnt find the details on it.....are they movable from sitting position to the "sundeck"? If so thats a great solution to our problem on our boat.

bear_69cuda

Commander

Yep they can be a sundeck also

jse_boat_053.jpg

92excel

Chief Petty Officer

thats the way the bayliners are. they have grooves in the gunnels and notches on the engine compartments that allow the seats to convert to a sundeck.

bear_69cuda

Commander

thats the way the bayliners are. they have grooves in the gunnels and notches on the engine compartments that allow the seats to convert to a sundeck.

Like what Justin said,

I only built boxes under the seats for storage. The seats came this way from Bayliner.

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

Like what Justin said,

I only built boxes under the seats for storage. The seats came this way from Bayliner.

ohh...okay. I get it now. My 87 doesnt have it, but it will soon. Thats an awesome idea and i can honestly say ive never seen it used on bayliners before. Thanks for the info.

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

wow.....i guess im not creative enough. I checked this weekend and yep, my boat does the same thing. for 5 years, never knew that. geez.....thanks for elightening me lol.

MacPointMan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bear,

Thank you for sharing your project with us. I bought a Mercruiser 3.0 and an Alpha one drive that came with a 1988 Invader 19 foot Bowrider that was in great shape save for some gelcoat issues on the hull.

Your thread is an inspiration for us first time boat owners. I bought my boat after looking at several project boats that all were Bayliners with decent running motors and drives. I decided on the Invader because it was in the best shape out of all the boats that I looked at and has great possibilities.

You have done several things here that I have thought of doing with mine. I have always been a big fan of Bayliners. The look and lines of them have always been appealing especially the older hulls. I figure I might pick up a decent Bayliner Hull one of these days and explore a project like yours though mine if i do decide to pick one up will probably include a floor, stringer and transom replacement as every single bayliner I looked at in my area needed it.

sorry you had to sell the boat but in the end it must have felt good to know that your efforts payed off enough to have someone else want to buy your boat and benefit from them. At least you sold her to someone that you know and she is well taken care of.

bear_69cuda

Commander

Thanks for the kind words!

I learned and gained huge respect from all the great folks on iboats!

The Invader looks like a great boat!

The new owners love the boat and have had no issues at all! I also love the lines of that boat! I do miss it big time! Someday I'll look at restoring some type of bowrider, maybe an old Cobalt with a 7.4 L V8.... I dig old Cobalt's...

Thanks again for the compliments! Peace out!

spikeitaudi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bear first time I read this post. I must say you have some real skills. That bayliner you rebuilt was incredible. I am sure the person you sold it to was one lucky person. Well I guess if you ever decide to go into another field you know what you can do for sure. :)

bear_69cuda

Commander

Bear first time I read this post. I must say you have some real skills. That bayliner you rebuilt was incredible. I am sure the person you sold it to was one lucky person. Well I guess if you ever decide to go into another field you know what you can do for sure. :)

Thanks dude,

I'm curently looking for a V8 go-fast cuddy project/restore...

Hurry Up III

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer

Incredible project man! Lookin forward to seeing more as you go forward!

Friscoboater

Captain

Ohhhh this thread brings back memories. This was the very first thread I read before resorting my Glastron.

Maxximus

Cadet

The bayliner resto was great man, nice work! I live in Madison and saw the launch pictures from Gov Nelson and was disappointed I wouldn't be able to see it at the launch or on the water in the future. I've got a 2007 Bayliner 175 I'm looking to upgrade some stuff on, you have any contacts you can pass on that you used during the resto or local marinas you used for parts, etc?
thanks!

bear_69cuda

Commander

Thanks,

The current owner launches at Gov Nelson all the time. I used on-line vendors such as iboats for most of my parts, Greg's marine wiring, and West Marine were also helpful when I needed stuff ASAP. PM me if you ever what to meet up on the lake! I'm going out today...