Why are over 80% of Dock Chatters Republicans

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Why are over 80% of Dock Chatters Republicans

thanks JB. I estimated the 80%, as indicated on my earlier post. Lubedude made mention on an earlier post (as well) of 80 percent so I ran with that.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Devon; <br />10 posts in 2 1/2 years and I thought I was slow :D

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thats an impressive map! :rolleyes: <br /><br />It doesn't exactly imply a wholesale slaughter of the Kerry team.<br /><br />If cows and corn could vote, the red might mean something, but they can't so all it means is 1% and the Presidency, I'll grant you.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi Professor, <br /><br />Did you have a question?

gspig

Chief Petty Officer

What the map shows is that there is a wide difference between densly populated areas and rural areas. It shows that what is "good" in L.A. may not be good throughout most of the midwest. It shows why there is an electorial college.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by The Professor:<br /> You couldn’t be more full of BS if we stuffed you ourselves.<br />
:D :D ROTFLOL<br /><br /><br />But seriously, my spidey sense is also picking up an ulterior motive, I mean other than the stated objective of "asking a question" which typically is just a request for information.<br /><br />theriver, isn't it true that your question was rhetorical? And that your real motive was to ask the more extreme rightist iboats element to back off a little and be more tolerant of other views? Remember, you're under oath! No wait, that's Perry Mason's line. Sorry, never mind, carry on.<br /><br /> :) <br /><br />Am I just stating the obvious? I hate it when I do that!

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I would like to see the source of your statistics. They are way off from what I have read on those topics.

woodrat

Ensign

professor;<br /><br />and a fine quack quack quack to you as well!<br /><br />the beating it into y'all with a big hammer thing was meant to be humorous metaphor. Lord knows your "side" throws around plenty of its own "humorous metaphor"...

phatmanmike

Captain

im not sure i could even sy anything about this thread that would be worthwhile. its picked up soo much speed , soo fast.<br /><br />but is it a troll? im not sure. the real defindition of a troll is a topic that is designed 110% specifically just to insite ruse in people, just to **** people off and retaliate.<br /><br />i spose its really close though........<br /><br />anyways, i just wanted to say ... that... i am anti! yes i am ! i am anti-gay haters. i am anti-religious extremists, of ANY religion. i am anti-hating people just cause they be different from you. <br /><br />i am not a democrat. i am not a republican. i am a registered voter, but not one of those parties. why do we need parties anyway, maybe im just new.<br /><br />who knows.<br /><br />there are certain users on this board that , here on Dockside Chat, frankly, well... they scare me ! there are certain members here that always answer the same way, that always lean to the same side. no names will be mnetioned, and i will call nobody any names. infact, the only person i ever really have probs with is JB. yes, we dont get along all the time, but hes got a job to do. understandable. hence my avatar !!!<br /><br />then again, there are certain people on this board that i simply agree with 100% of the time, and i can always tell where they lean. they seem to be very non-extreme and non-hating. and yes, they have logged in on this topic. and also, the one that scares me the most, has logged in on this toppic.<br /><br />anyways, i guess , well whatever. i believe in to each his own. if you wanna hump a big hairry man butt, have at it, it dont bother me none. i you wanna marry two women together, have at it. dont bother me none. <br /><br />i only get offended when people tell me what i do is wrong, how its harmfull, but they have never done it.<br /><br />as 2 live crew once said," please dont knock it, untill you try it"<br /><br />there are a lot of people on here who damn other because it is against their beliefs, religious beliefs. and i find that troubling.<br /><br />have a nice day <br /><br />out<br /><br />mike

Triton II

Commander

Whoaa... from afar this thread is a blinder. (That's Australian for 'Really Good'). Keep up the "discussions" as I'm learning more about Americans and their beliefs in one thread than I did in six years of high school history.

eeboater

Commander

I think theriver got 90% of his posts in his post count from this thread alone....<br /><br />Sean

D

DJ

phatmanmike,<br /><br />Yes, I have some beliefs that I will NEVER deviate from, even if means my death. <br /><br />A political party affiliation, is not one of them.<br /><br />And yes, I have persnal beliefs that I will not deviate freom. However, if the so called rights of others intrude on mine, I will fight.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

mike, one of your paragraphs has managed to inflict an unwanted image into my brain that impairs my right to a good night's sleep. And that's just wrong! Guess which one, but don't repeat it, please!<br /><br /> :D :D :D

spratt

Lieutenant

Phatmanmike, perhaps, since you refuse to name names except JB, but you do name ideals certain folks hold dear to heart, I reckon I fit in there...be it as it may be to all others, I am anti-"gay" (if hating the sin of homosexuality just like God does means "anti-gay"), though gay has been turned into a term that means NOTHING of what the true term means..."Gays" are militant generally, "in your face", "push my sex prefs down your throat", type of beings...I am anti-anti-Christians, because those people are living according to what their seared conscience tells them is ok to do...they are "If it feels good do it" folks, "tolerant" of any sin that comes along, "It don't bother me" types, so thus "it can't hurt me, right?"....I am anti-(any)-government that tries to withhold my right to worship God in the way the Bible clearly states it should be done, which is freely and openly...I am a "Republican" if that means anything, simply because usually the Republican party carries the constituent who holds closest to my ideals, which are conservative....I am anti-drugs, inclusive of alcohol - tobacco - narcotics (legal drugs) - baby killers - wife beaters - liars - thieves - and all other vermin who prey on other humans to rob them of their money, their faith, their life....I guess I am just one bad dude in the face and eyes of a lot of humanity. But let some limp wristed, sweet talking, prissy "man" come along and some are so tolerant they will willingly bend every rule and Christian belief just to allow them the right to shove their manhood up the rear of another man whiole taking another one in his mouth, or some "female" to strap on some toy and shove in into her "wife"...what a bunch of puke!!! God's TRUTH WILL Stand the highest in teh end...write it on your calendar, on the wall, anyplace you can save it and see it one day when this thing winds down and God takes His vengeance out on all sin....<br /><br />And, phatman, this is not aimed at you directly, but certainly indirectly, along with any others who are willing to allow humanity to become twisted, defaced and degraded to the lowest point possible and sit idly by while it happens...those willing to allow innocent unborn children to be torn apart and cast aside BEFORE they ever have a chance at life...and yet scream when a mother loses sanity and destroys those innocents AFTER they have left the womb...those who would rather save a whale stranded in some ice somewhere off in Alaska, yet give their total permission to have an unborn human life torn apart...yeah, you might say I am anti- a bunch of things...and though I cannot force anything down anyone's throat, I can certainly let my voice be heard, just as loudly as some group who wants to parade down our Main Streets and make their puke heard!!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

dude! tone down the imagery a bit, willya? I'll fight to the death you're right to express your opinion regardless of whether I agree. but I'd like to think I can read iboats without encountering that in-your-face kind of stuff. If I want to be grossed out I'll watch Fear Factor!<br /><br />thanks.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Spratt, I have a hunch you are probably 4 for 4?... :rolleyes: <br /><br />BTW-If you know any females I can watch do the strap on show thingy, please let me know... :p

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by theriver:<br /> Thats an impressive map! :rolleyes: <br /><br />It doesn't exactly imply a wholesale slaughter of the Kerry team.<br /><br />If cows and corn could vote, the red might mean something, but they can't so all it means is 1% and the Presidency, I'll grant you.
Hah? whut?<br />It means mandate. It means nationwide win for Bush and the ideals he brings to the office. He and his party offer those things that are important to the nation's population, as reflected in the poles,regardless of political party....and on that map.<br /><br />It also answered your original, valid question better than all these replies, by also showing the overall way people voted, and the reprentative memebership here reflects the colors pretty well. And it's not just here. Try any non-political site, as popular as iboats (I know, kind of rare), and the result would be the same. I have, and it's clear. Sure, things other than ideaology can cause that. We can all speculate on the reasons...Fer instance, dems don't like or can't afford puters ect.<br />But that was not the question you asked.<br />And we can all come up with other excuses for moral victory last November, that frankly, would be little more than gloating or in-yer-face-isms....But the fact is as simple as representative memebership,and that's all.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Fixin:<br /> zoo...great comment.I'd like to see all of us get together in like a surviver situation on a island,with nothing but good Quality booze supplied to us.Man,could you imagine the campfire talk!I bet most of us would get along pretty well.
This thread is just about as ludaquith as that.<br />Have you ever tried arguing with a donkey? :D <br />
DownloadAttach.asp

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

My point was, I don't feel Bush "tromped" Kerry. You throw your map out there to imply something to the moronic eye, but 1% is not a "tromp".<br /><br />Tromp means a sound defeat. The Nov 2 election was as slim as they come.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

But it don't matter, he won. Why don't everyone just deal with it and get on with your lifes? Gezzz.<br />Man I'm glad I don't worry about it that much or break out the nitro pills for sure.