Why are over 80% of Dock Chatters Republicans

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Why are over 80% of Dock Chatters Republicans

Originally posted by theriver:<br /> Thats an impressive map! :rolleyes: <br /><br />It doesn't exactly imply a wholesale slaughter of the Kerry team.<br /><br />If cows and corn could vote, the red might mean something, but they can't so all it means is 1% and the Presidency, I'll grant you.
Looks are decieving, but the goofy looking DORK LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by theriver:<br /> Spratt, I have a hunch you are probably 4 for 4?... :rolleyes: <br /><br />BTW-If you know any females I can watch do the strap on show thingy, please let me know... :p
If spratt is 4 for 4, then I am 5 for 4, #5 BEING THE FIRST IN LINE TO CRUSH YOUR SUBSTANCE FREE POSTS. You simply can't label anyone in such a short time, that is a high school mentality. Learn to read throughly, and more importantly CLAMP IT until you understand.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Theriver,<br /><br />Sorry to break your bubble, but in history, a 1% win in a presidential election is a major win. I my memory serves me correctly, Clinton won with a smaller margin or about the same as Bush.<br /><br />Here is the Popular vote breakdown, even a larger margin:<br /><br />
pop.jpg

phatmanmike

Captain

wow, a response. woo-hoo.<br /><br />for those of you that are offended by my "graphic" image i just implanted into your head, all i can do is quote "nelson" from the simpson's and say, " aah hhaaa "
th0001e-lg.jpg
<br /><br />and for those of you whom i offended with my comment of"there are a lot of people on here who damn other because it is against their beliefs, religious beliefs. and i find that troubling"<br /><br />remeber, 9-11 happened becauses of somebodys religious beliefes!<br /><br />please send all hate mail to phatmanmike@yahoo.com, i promise all to be read and returned. i say this cause you cant curse or call names on iboats.com, and i know you wanna call me names.<br /><br />how much longer will it take till this post is locked because of so many people offending so many people? who knows<br /><br />but im just glad to be doing my part to **** off the religious right.<br /><br />the religious right has that same kind of mentality that justifies the killing of people "in the name of god". like the bombing of a womens health clinic. the poeple that have done these actually and honestly think that they are being good and propper. more people have been killed in "the name of god, whichever god it may have been, whatever religion, than any other reason in the history of the earth.<br /><br />if that alone doesnt scare anybody, maybe you need more caffiene in your coffe....<br /><br />.... wake up!<br /><br />out<br /><br />mike

Homerr

Commander

Troll, Troll, Troll your boat... Gently down the stream....<br /><br />Mr. Flipper lost....get over it already.<br /><br /> :) <br /><br /><br />H.

one more cast

Captain

Merry Christmas Everybody<br /> I didn't even read these posts because I've been on iboats long enough to know what most of the iboats posters think about these three subjects. Maybe you should do a poll and see what the behind the scene iboaters think.

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Oh wow....we're still at it! It took a little while, but I see I've got some followers now as far as this being a troll (a big fat obvious one too) :D <br /><br />I thought this might become a 2 pager, but I figured they would be filled with people answering my question..."Why does a bear sh!t in the woods?" :confused: <br /><br />Just to make it a little easier, it's a Canadian bear (so he didn't vote in the election), I don't think he's gay (although he does like nuts....hmmm...), and he really doesn't hold any religious beliefs. :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Homerr:<br /> Troll, Troll, Troll your boat... Gently down the stream....<br /><br />Mr. Flipper lost....get over it already.<br /><br /> :) <br /><br /><br />H.
Fairily, Fairily, Fairily, Live is so obscene.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by spratt:<br /> ...I am anti-anti-Christians, because those people are living according to what their seared conscience tells them is ok to do...they are "If it feels good do it" folks, "tolerant" of any sin that comes along, "It don't bother me" types, so thus "it can't hurt me, right?"....I
Spratt, I understand and agree with the first 5 words quoted above. Just like I am anti-anti-Jews or anti most intolerant groups. <br /><br />But what did you mean by the rest of the paragraph? I can't follow the logic. Are you still referring to 'anti-anti-Christians'? That category would include hardline followers of other faiths, many of whom probably adhere to the rules and tenants of their faith (as they interpret it) more ridgidly than most Christians in genreal do theirs (i.e., they display LESS personal choice/ variation). Perfect example would be hard core, anti-Christian Muslims. While we would all condemn their views, I think most would agree that they are due to a warped interpretation of Islam, often instigated by others (who probalby have their own hidden agendas). Those types fit a profile opposite of the "If it feels good do it, Tolerant of any sin that comes along, It don't bother me types" you mention above. <br /><br />Or are you refering to non Christians such as agnostics or atheists? Because if the latter, I've met many who display high ethical standards and live a more moral life than many of the Christians I know.<br /><br />And I've gotta agree with others; although you obviously feel strongly about the issue, the graphic nature of your descripitions seem over the line and inappropriate for this forum. (and no, I'm not gay)

woodrat

Ensign

living in a free country means being able to exercise our free will, either to be a fundamentalist christian or an in-your-face gay rights activist, or anything n between, Just because some fundamentalist christians don't agree with some behavior does not give them the right to take the reins of government into their hands and use that to rob others of their right ot exercise their free will. I think a lot of christians would like to be able to do that, because they think they are "right" and therefore have the right to try to make the rest of the country adhere to their beliefs. To be fair to the christians, I think there are also plenty of leftisit extremists who would like to pretend that religion doesn't exist and should be kept quiet and out of sight. But generally, my experience of liberals, even in all their annoying extremes, is that they are far more willing to let other people be themselves, than most fundamentalst christians seem to be. <br /><br />You haven't seen any of the handful of non-bush folks on this forum shouting at anyone else that they should just log out if they don't like non-bush loving viewpoints. That particular little bit of intolerance almost ALWAYS comes from those on the right wing of things. I've been hearing that nonsense all of my adult life from the bush/reagan/thatcher/ashcroft/meese/etcetc crowd.<br /><br />As far as the bush "mandate" goes,everyone here knows that if the repub candidate had been the one to get %48 of the vote, his supporters wouldn't view the %52 as a "mandate" for the dem. They would be loudly proclaiming that they are still almost half of the populace and that they will not just roll over on their backs with their tails tucked, and whimper and grin for a tidbit from the democratic "master". So don't expect the %48 of us out there who did not say YES to W, to just roll over and whimper gratefully. I know he and his supporters would love to think they are the new, undisputed Rulers of the Universe, with their mighty %52, but t'aint so. That %48 represents many millions of people, and the "purple map" clearly shows that they are spread out all over the land.

gspig

Chief Petty Officer

Woodrat, if no group is to ever have their freewill contained, the result is total anarchy.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by gspig:<br /> Woodrat, if no group is to ever have their freewill contained, the result is total anarchy.
see, for example, Iraq.

woodrat

Ensign

OK, so who decides what free will is OK and what free will is not OK?<br /><br />I lean a lot heavier in the freedom/free-will direction than in the big daddy government (or church) decides what is OK for me and what is not direction. And from what I've seen of extremists of all stripes, I don't want ANY of them making decisions for me.<br /><br />In theory anyway, I AM an anarchist. (ooo, THAT will get some interesting responses, I'll bet!) Of course, I know that that just won't work in the big picture, because too many people can't control their worst impulses, and the result would be dangerous and unpleasant chaos. <br /><br />But responsible self-government at an individual level is a good place to start. I don't need the ten commandments to tell me that killing other humans is bascially wrong, and that coveting my negihbor's wife isn't a good idea. I don't need the government to take a big chunk of my pay and tell me that they know better how to spend it than I do, or to tell me that my children MUST go to public school, or that I MUST NOT own firearms capable of holding more than ten rounds, etc etc ad naseum. I don't need the threat of Jail to make me behave in a relatively decent way in society. And if one just looks around a little, its easy to see that many people aren't swayed from doing wrong even WITH the threat of Jail. Let alone the ten commandments.

woodrat

Ensign

Originally posted by jtexas:<br />
Originally posted by gspig:<br /> Woodrat, if no group is to ever have their freewill contained, the result is total anarchy.
see, for example, Iraq.
Oh, but I thought that "freeing those people" was supposed to be a GOOD idea...remeber, "freedom is on the march" or, my personal favorite, "Let freedom reign!".<br /><br />But I imagine that the revoltionary war in this country looked like anarchy to the british masters...<br /><br />and now we are wandering waaaaay off the path... ;)

Devon

Cadet

Originally posted by f_inscreenname:<br /> Devon; <br />10 posts in 2 1/2 years and I thought I was slow :D
Not slow friend, just real quiet.<br /><br />Devon

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Spratt you could have just simplified that and said that you're against anyone who's not Christian......<br /><br />And here I've been living by my conscience this whole time! <br /><br />Nice thing about trolls that get people flaming...let's you peek in and see just who the completely intolerant people are. <br /><br />Here's how I figure it. I was farm raised without any religious aspects at all. Not pro or against one or the other....now that I think about it, I can't remember when religion was ever even brought up. I know my parents, at least my mom (italian) is I think Catholic(?) I remember she always had a wooden cross w/ Jesus on it on her dresser. Now that I'm older, sometime along the way I just decided that I'm just not religious...call it athiest or whatever. Now, that being said, I figure when I die..that's it, boom, I'm dead...that's it, no more. Don't know for sure whether I'm right, or I'm wrong...and guess what..none of us do. Maybe you're right and I'll go to heaven (well I guess that would be hell since I don't hold YOUR specific beliefs), maybe the Muslims are right and I'll get 17 or however many vigins (sweet), maybe the Buhdists are right (whatever they think), or maybe I'm right and I'll be worm food, or maybe....on and on.<br /><br />Until then I don't care what religion anyone is or anyone isn't. Beleive what you want. I used to think that religion seemed to actually be the root of evil...disagreements and wars over religion seem to plague the world from the beginning. I've come to the conclusion that it's not religion, no matter which one, it's the few people (who happen to be religious) completely intollerant of any other word than their own that actually cause the problems. You know...the "my way or the highway people"? <br /><br />I'm glad that there is religion...it shows some people the right path to follow. It's nice to know that there is something out there to teach people who might not have been able to gain any morals or good values from the way they were raised. And I think that is the very basic foundation of almost all religions...to teach values. Unfortunately, as with a lot of other things, it can be taken too far and unfortunately some (maybe all?) teach that all other religions are full of it and wrong and inferior and people who don't think like you are inferior.... THAT is a shame.

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

well that response took me so long to write, you've all gotten way off track again! :D

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

well written johnson-liner, I agree with that 100%.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Lost of people talking here, but not too many people listening.<br /><br />Ya'lls fingers must be tired.<br /><br />I really think the left leaners have given up talking in dockside chat because there are so many passionate right leaners that all it ends up becoming is "poof". That scews the post topics right there.<br /><br />I would agree with the 70/30 split because of these reasons. (there are tons of generalizations here, so dont take offence.)<br /><br />1)There are no filthy rich people here (they dont need any help, they pay someone to do it). Filthy rich usually lean right, but there are so few, that they arent staticically important anyway.<br /><br />2)There are no dirt poor cause they are more worried about food and dont own a computer. They usually lean left.<br /><br />3)There arent too many minorities here cause statistics have shown fewer minorities get on the web. Minorities usually lean left.<br /><br />4)There are more rural posters here cause of many reasons. They usually lean right.<br /><br />5)There are more familiy oriented people here, cause boating is a family oriented sport. They usally slightly lean to the right.<br /><br />6)The average age here is probably well above 30, and usually that age group leans more to the right.<br /><br />Did I leave anybody out?<br /><br />Ken

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Round of applause for Johnson-liner..
9.gif