Why are over 80% of Dock Chatters Republicans

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Why are over 80% of Dock Chatters Republicans

SO much for adults having a adult discussion....<br /><br />Lockdown in 3....2....1....<br /><br />POOF!<br /><br />Ken

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

*jumps in with both feet*<br /><br />Why does it SEEM that iBoats is 80%.. <br />"Anti Democrat"<br />"Anti Gay"<br />"Pro War"<br />"and Christian Extremist"<br /><br />Well, to stereotype, all those "groups" you mention are by definition - highly opinionated. Anybody that is PRO/ANTI anything have already commited to a belief that is for or against something. Most "liberal democrats" that I know are easy-going, "don't bother me and I won't bother you" types that believe that your opinion is yours and that is it...not that it is wrong or you should change it. The percentage is probably more like 60% than 80% but most that don't fall into those groups just are reading this thread and laughing - not replying. It just isn't worth the effort or the trashing they know they will get from those that fall into those "groups". - but I am bored at work right now....<br /><br />More people fall into the "middle of the road" group but it is the "extremists" that scream the loudest.<br /><br />-JustMrWill

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by woodrat:<br /> you know why, 12. Its easier to plot the overthrow of jesus, santa claus and all that is good in the world, when all the plotters live close together... besides, there's no good lattes out in the sticks... :D ;)
You're almost right.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Just when it was getting nice to come here and visit.<br />Ken..I agree, this whole thread should go POOF

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Twidget:<br />
50% Democrat<br />45% Support Gay Civil Unions/Marriage
The 50% democrat may be true. I have a whole wing of my family that is yellow dog democrat,
I have a yellow dog, and once I saw him try to "tackle" another male dog - does that count? <br /><br />[note to twidget, please believe me, I'm not implying any connection between your family and my dog. :) ]

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Because there are no high-paying jobs for intelligent, college-educated people out in the boonies?

woodrat

Ensign

naw, I'm pretty sure its the lattes... ;)

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

I just know I missed the point of this thread, but, gosh dern, ahhhhhhh....oh heck, I'll go pay attention to another one for awhile.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Maybe we haven't settled whether 80% of all DC'ers are Republican, but we should also consider the possibility that 80% of all Democrats are Doc Chatters. Think about it. ;) <br /><br /><br />I've got it!! It's the old 80/20 rule of thumb: 80% of the posts come from 20% of the members. Then, only 20% of the members would have to be republican. It's tough to argue with logic like that!

spratt

Lieutenant

I am thinking 93% of DC'ers are instigators...7% are only along for the ride...<br /><br />Out of that 93%, roughly 100% enjoy feeding the fire, while out fo that 100%, 3% actually care about the issues, while 80% care, but post just to be able to say something about the issue, and the other 17% are fiery postings to get folks upset, done by Woodrat and Willy posing under aliases....

Fly Rod

Commander

:) "Hey!!!" You are still in "DIAPERS!!!" You only have 23 post!!!!<br /> "YOU!!!" don't know us YET!!!<br /><br />Some of us can think for our "selves!!!" Some of us that voted republican are "Independants!!!" We have a mind of our own!!! WE are not Republicans or Democrats!!! ;) :cool: <br /><br />Happy Holidays!!!! :cool: :cool:

Fly Rod

Commander

:) If you do not have a point !!! then why did YA post this "TROLL!!!" Ask anybody on this forum and they will tell ya "I get get everything mixed up , But I have you Pegged!!!" ;) :cool:

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

jtexas you hit it; the ole 80/20! I always miss these by not being home durning the day :mad: <br /><br />Must be my sense of humor, these are fun to read: I really hope none take offense at what has been written! The spice of life is opinions -- This would be a fun group to run a long river trip with; like the Colorado. Everyone would have to pull together on the rapids and could waterfight on the flats. And, at night come together to prepare meals or go without. Bet at the end where would still be disagreement -- but for the most part friends.<br /><br />At least 80%; 20% would go away mad. I'm enjoying this forum for the wide opinions that exist -- would be quickly boring if occasionally a topic like this didn't pop up.<br /><br />Stick around theriver there are some really good guys here! <br /><br />Last point I do resemble some of the comments! In stead of being offended I'm going to increase my post count. And, point out we really live do in a Zoo. :D :D :D

woodrat

Ensign

spratt, I hate to say it again and again, but I really don't post under any other aliases. Its just me, one man, one screen name... :) <br /><br />and who's to say that 12 doesn't post just to get ME upset? :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Actually, in our straw poll before the election, only 71% said they would vote for Dubya.<br /><br />I think that is a more accurate tally of "Republicans" here than your "over 80%" guess.<br /><br />Now, my question is: Does that make this thread a troll?

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

zoo...great comment.I'd like to see all of us get together in like a surviver situation on a island,with nothing but good Quality booze supplied to us.Man,could you imagine the campfire talk!I bet most of us would get along pretty well.

woodrat

Ensign

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Actually, in our straw poll before the election, only 71% said they would vote for Dubya.<br /><br />I think that is a more accurate tally of "Republicans" here than your "over 80%" guess.<br /><br />Now, my question is: Does that make this thread a troll?
thanks for digging that out JB. That is still a much higher percentage than he got in the REAL election.<br /><br />I guess most of the non-bush people around here keep pretty quiet. Gee, I wonder why...?<br /> :confused:

Devon

Cadet

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> Hey Devon, welcome to iboats.<br /><br />It's not clear from your post, so if you don't mind my asking, you're not really saying that everybody who voted for Bush falls into 3 of these 4 categories:<br /><br />Anti Democrat<br />Anti Gay<br />Pro War<br />Christian Extremist<br /><br />Surely Bush got a few votes from gay democrats and peace-loving Methodists?<br /><br />
Probably not 3 of 4, but we certainly felt strong enough about our convictions, whatever each individual's may be, to turn the election from what the left thought was surely their election.<br /><br />I've been here awhile, just always felt that if something had already been said there was no reason to repeat it.<br /><br />Devon

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

I'm gonna put my 2 cents worth in here if you will oblige me being a little verbose. Please dig through the quotes as I didn't feel like formatting them.<br /><br />"theriver; <br />you are wasting your time and energy…Not that I'm not happy to see someone else take up the cause of beating some sense into these guys, but I just feel its fair to warn you: you will need a much bigger hammer than you'd expect."<br />WOODRAT<br /><br />OK, So, we need to have sense BEATEN into us. By whom, those of you who know what is best for us? I DON’T THINK SO, (edit: tsk, tsk, Prof)! And you are correct. It’s going to take a lot bigger hammer than YOU would expect.<br /><br /><br />"During my very short exposure to this site, it appears to me that so many people in this section of iboats are:<br /><br />(at least 3 out of 4 of the following)<br />Anti Democrat<br />Anti Gay<br />Pro War<br />and Christian Extremist<br /><br />Any idea why? (the rest of the country's stat's aren't the same, and they doesn't necessarily share the same views)"<br />THERIVER<br /><br />Please pay attention here: This is allegedly the purpose of the thread. Read on to the next segments.<br /><br />"I don't have a point, I had a question. Does anyone know why this board is so weighted with what seems to me to be:<br />Republicans (you mean to say that if someone is Anti-Democrat, they are automatically Republican?)<br />war advocates (your implication is the posts here suggest we LIKE war!)<br />in reading past posts on gays and gay marriages, there is a lot of anti gay rhetoric on this site!! (anything critical MUST be rhetoric if it opposes a special interest, right?)<br />Additionally, while religion is a great thing in moderation, its a little nauseating when piled on thick. (so is peanut butter! Just because people express their faith does not mean they are extremists. Your statement asserting this concept, however, is as extremist as it gets.)<br /><br />Not only are these 4 behaviors not typical of the vast majority Americans, but I can assure you, they wouldn't divulge themselves on a typical "general" web forum." THERIVER<br /><br />The idea you try to convey here suggests you are an expert on behavior. Are you? I can’t help but have my doubts although I do admit I may be wrong.<br /><br /><br />"Getting back to my question, why is it that a person who questions the war in Iraq (for very good reason), has no issue with gays (by the way, how many thousand gays do you figure are fighting in Iraq right now?), are the minute few who oppose Bush, and roll their eyes when they read posts of a member conducting a sermon." THERIVER<br /><br />This isn’t even a question!<br /><br /><br />"There appear to be 5-10% of people in dockside chat who may share views close to mine.<br /><br />That was my query/point/question. Nothing too serious." THERIVER<br /><br />What a fraud! This is the most deliberate TROLL I have ever had the displeasure to read on this forum. Nothing too serious, my (edit)!<br /><br /><br />"Besides, what would it matter anyway? Gay rights is about human rights IMO. When conventional divorce rates are 50% should government and the church still be dictating who can legally be allowed to get married? What an asinine concept. As for the anti gay rhetoric, its becoming more and more obvious to the mainstream public that the people who demonstrate the most disgust towards gays probably have underlying sexually oppressed issues they have yet to deal with." THERIVER<br /><br />Now I think I truly understand. You have a PHD in behavioral science and are completely in tune with the mindset of “the mainstream public”. I think I’ll go see my shrink to explore my sexually oppressed issues. (Edit: little too strong, there, Prof)<br /><br />Let’s face facts here THERIVER. Whatever your political, religious, social, or foreign policy beliefs are, the entire and SOLE reason for this thread was to incite angry and unreasonable reaction from Iboats members. Well, you partially succeeded but not with the results you wanted or expected. Many of the responses are from those who are left-oriented and they have agreed with those to the right: we like to discuss a wide range of subjects, and, most of the time, we get along great even when we disagree with one another. BYE BYE