Water toys

pat8839

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Water toys

All of my water toys are expected to have fish on the end of them, in them, or help me find them at some point. Some are better than others. Those are the only water toys I need.

P.S. My wife believes firmly that I have enough of said toys. I disagree, of course.

Nothing wrong with those toys!! I look forward to fishing from my boat as well!

Bluegills Unlimited

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Only one single tube for now, borrowed some water skis last year, will definitely have to invest in some this year!

Oh and of course the fishing "toys"

badbowtie

Chief Petty Officer

I have a pair of skis so i can slalom ski or double, two different size tubes for every one that can't ski, and a wakeboard I would like to buy a kneeboard this year. I was watching some videos on youtube of the air chair that looks like something I would love to try but 1600.00 is out of my price range maybe someday.

arks

Lieutenant Commander

ARKS I've been thinking about an R/C boat. Got any suggestions?

If you don't want to tinker with it all the time stay away from nitro. I like my Warehouse Hobbies Enforcer Super Sport- very reliable, easy to maintain, and lots of fun. It throws a 8' high roostertail!

skargo

Banned

If you don't want to tinker with it all the time stay away from nitro. I like my Warehouse Hobbies Enforcer Super Sport- very reliable, easy to maintain, and lots of fun. It throws a 8' high roostertail!
I didn't know you had one, you should bring it to the next raft up!

trejac

Petty Officer 3rd Class

No Nitro... got it. I'm going to google it

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

How times and toys change.
Growing up it was water skis. Slaloms, doubles, two skiers, barefoot and trick skis.
A few guys would "freeboard" on a regular surf board and ski rope.
We'd use a black rubber inner tube we called a blob and had to wear a wet suit or the rubber would take off you skin. It would stretch out like a pair of sausages. Did you know you can whip a guy up on the marsh on one, and unless he hits a piece of plywood, it does OK?

Now it's a whole lot more inflatables. Sit on your butt and be entertained. Not much skill involved. Granted, there are knee boards that take skill, and in the last 10 years wake boards. Few ski's. Dare I pull out my 35 year old wooden O'Brien?

OTOH I remember the misery of trying to teach someone to get up on ski's. Some folks need a tube.

My own toys now are for fishing or exploring, and duck hunting. But I enjoy taking the children and their friends, young relativesm, etc out and dragging them around on various devices.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

No Nitro... got it. I'm going to google it

dollar for dollar, if you want the same performance, nitro is going to be cheaper though. (I have a nitro hammer myself, no complaints, tons of fun!)

pat8839

Petty Officer 1st Class

For those of you with kneeboards, does it bother your knees at all? Not so much from the actual contact of your knee on the board but the knee joint itself?

Thanks!

Bowser4x4

Seaman

My kids {8 & 12} and most of their friends prefer the tube. While we have a few different ones, the one they like the best is the "Drag N Master". Rated for two people and it works well with either one or two. This year the oldest wants to try a wakeboard... going to be somewhat interesting as I have never done it. Back in the "good old days", two skis, slalom ski, kneeboard or barefoot. Those I did {not sure I still could though:eek:} but we will have fun trying.

As far as a prop: I also went to a High Five. Running it on a Sea Ray 200 Sundeck with a Mercruiser 5.0. Since the main lake we use has a speed limit of 35, top speed is irrelevant for us...wanted the pull...boat full of people and a tube even gives the 5.0mpi a workout.

602763055_r3Rna-M.jpg

Here is what happens when the factory clip comes loose...the kids are already board by the time we circled back to get them....

602762769_NS4RC-M.jpg

Woof
Bowser

wa_ssv197

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have been kneeboarding since I was a teenager and my knee joints never hurt but the taller I got ran into my feet haning off the back of the board.

My brother had the same problem and let go of the rope one time and got his feet chewed up from the barnacles on the beach.

RL Gman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have been kneeboarding since I was a teenager and my knee joints never hurt but the taller I got ran into my feet haning off the back of the board.

My brother had the same problem and let go of the rope one time and got his feet chewed up from the barnacles on the beach.

Knee boarding on the beach?! Thats new :D

Seriously, your brother had to be a little close for comfort aye?

trejac

Petty Officer 3rd Class

As I said in the eralier post, I love the kneeboard. The only thing that hurts is when I face plant jumping wake at 30+ mph. 30+ mph yes that's right!!! Too fast... I know, but the wife drives and it's hard to get her to back it down. with the I/O it's hard for her throttle/trim it to keep it on plain.
V-drive would be perfect but can't afford one.

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

As I said in the eralier post, I love the kneeboard. The only thing that hurts is when I face plant jumping wake at 30+ mph. 30+ mph yes that's right!!! Too fast... I know, but the wife drives and it's hard to get her to back it down. with the I/O it's hard for her throttle/trim it to keep it on plain.
V-drive would be perfect but can't afford one.

That's a coincidence.....same "excuse" my admiral uses when she face plants me!

jdlough

Master Chief Petty Officer

Too fast... I know, but the wife drives and it's hard to get her to back it down. with the I/O it's hard for her throttle/trim it to keep it on plain.

Sounds like you could use some Smart Tabs. Among other benefits, they let you stay on plane at lower speeds.

sbbamafan

Petty Officer 1st Class

My kids and I love the Airhead Stingray. It is a bit unusual because the sides tip up so it is easier to go across the wakes without digging in and flipping. It can either be real easy going or a wild ride - depending on what you want.

IMG_3004.jpg

Bowser4x4

Seaman

smart tabs???? I must research

I added them to my Sundeck and I can now plane as low as 17mph or so { depending on the boat load of course}

Made a big difference for the younger kids....could get real slow for them... Definitely worth the investment.

Woof
Bowser