• Total voters

southkogs

Staff member
Re: Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

^^^^ Anyone got him beat for size? That's a BIG tri-hull :D ^^^^

southkogs

Staff member

I know there's a few other big ones posted up in here. I'll have to dig for them.

I don't know ... the combo cruiser is pretty close, but I think you might have him.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

I don't know ... the combo cruiser is pretty close, but I think you might have him.

I'll have to look back through all the pics when I get a chance tomorrow. All I know is there's alot of tri-hulls on here!

glnbnz

Chief Petty Officer

That is one huge tri-hull Boatnut74. Good luck with that rebuild if you decide to do it :)

Sea Stomper

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I think this one beats all of them. U.S. Navy owned, Australian built. All of us in the states own a small piece of it. It's the U.S.S. Independence and I guess it's really more of the trimaran than a tri hull. Nice boat there boatnut74.

800px-USS_Independence_(LCS-2).jpg

tri-hull-2b.jpg

tri-hull-2_edited4a.jpg

tri-hull-3_crop-edit1.jpg

trihulluss-independence-1.jpg

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

That's one big boat. not so sure I would call that a tri-hull though.

glnbnz

Chief Petty Officer

It's like the Mother of all Tri Hulls LOL

Hey Mike, thanks so much again for your input, the mystery is slowly unraveling. If you happen to think of anything further, even a funny story, or run into anyone else who was involved with the project that I could pester as well... my email is: meangreenlimabean at yahoo dot com
take care,
Scott

Yes, Royalex did come pre-colored. Colors were a reddish maroon and light blue if I remember correctly. My father says you can paint it but you'll want to check with a paint expert as to the process and type of paint to use.

No, sorry I don't. Actually I'm surprised that any were still in use considering the small amount that were produced. I believe the Ford 90 was standard but I'm pretty sure they used some Chrystler motors early on as well approximately the same size. I was not aware of any upgrade options at the time.

YW, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you but I would guess that all that stuff is long gone. They made some promotional videos but who knows what ever became of those. Probably find the BW article at a decent sized library on microfilm.

rogersgirl77

Recruit

I have recently purchased a Thunderbolt Tri Hull. I have only found 3 other people who have one and i cannot find any information on it other than it was manufactured by the Thunderbolt Boat Company in Cleburn, Texas. If anyone has any information on these boats please let me know where to go to look.

buildmark

Seaman Apprentice

tri-hulls are great boats. I am on my 2nd. my current is a 1980 made by glastron but is called 4 star. I have found the model that it is closest to it, but I have not found any literature on four star.

rogersgirl77

Recruit

rogersgirl,
when the site ges back up to speed, at the very bottom of the site boats are listed by makes.
i did a google serch and found this in those listings.
do you maybe know what year and modle you have?

welcome aboard!! :)

have a look here

http://boatspecs.iboats.com/Thunderbolt_Boats/bp/20br2057

woosterken

Woosterken,

Thank you so much!!! from the information you provided i was able to determine that my Thunderbolt is a 1985 Fish N Ski. Now I can move foreward. As soon as i can, i will post pics.

Thanks Again

Rogersgirl

MTYPockets

Seaman Apprentice

Does my '76 fabuglas trident 146 qualify me?DSCF1121.jpgDSCF1119.jpg

OnTheWaterNow

Petty Officer 1st Class

When I got the boat it was in realy good shape.I just put seats trolling motor and carpet steering wheel waxed it and rebuilt carbs had it four years now never lets me down. the hatches are stock just new carpet on the covers.