Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

• Total voters

bigdil

Cadet
Re: Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

put guide on poles on the trailer with lites on them :)

solve two problems in one shot, helps load the boat , and keeps tail lite out of the water.

woosterken

Thanks! Just purchased them online, should be here in a few days.

dil

camfrogg

Cadet

I'll join in... This boat has been in my family since 1980 but hasn't seen the water in something like 10 years. Garage kept since I did the upholstery some 15 years ago.... Which I then removed last year to rebuild the hull. This picture is from the day we finished the floor. I'm hoping to throw some pictures together and start a resto thread at some point.

boat.jpg

bigdil

Cadet

Received the guide on poles, they will definitely help! Took the boat out by myself yesterday and loading/unloading went very well. I purchased a marine radio and am curious if anyone has mounting ideas. This old boat has a very small dash but is fairly thick. Also curious about speaker placement.

dil

tallcanadian

Captain

Well. I did it again. I just got back with this 34 year old tri hull. It's a 1978 MFG Gypsy 15. It seems to be all original. Interior, paint, all of it. It even has the tonneau cover and full convertible top. The trailer is also a 1978. It's a Holsclaw and even has the original sticker on it. Very cool. The motor is a 1976 Mercury 65 hp, according to the serial number. Anyway here are some pics. It was worth the five hour drive.

photo10.jpgphoto6.jpgIMG_0207.JPGIMG_0195.JPGIMG_0200.JPG

bigdil

Cadet

Well. I did it again. I just got back with this 34 year old tri hull. It's a 1978 MFG Gypsy 15. It seems to be all original. Interior, paint, all of it. It even has the tonneau cover and full convertible top. The trailer is also a 1978. It's a Holsclaw and even has the original sticker on it. Very cool. The motor is a 1976 Mercury 65 hp, according to the serial number. Anyway here are some pics. It was worth the five hour drive.

View attachment 146079View attachment 146080View attachment 146081View attachment 146082View attachment 146083

Wow, beautiful!!! Looks like its in very good shape!

dil

woosterken

Lieutenant

whoa, TC. 5 hour ride or 35 year ride BACK in time?

woosterken

tallcanadian

Captain

She's awesome. Very little beach wear on the bow too. Sweet.

tallcanadian

Captain

LOL. Maybe a bit of boat. But it's a very nice boat. Very sweet. It has kind of a stranger trailer though. I'll be looking for some shocks and springs. But it was nice to drive though. No sway or anything. Very easy to tow for sure. photo8.jpgphoto4.jpg

bigdil

Cadet

Sweet! I haven't seen a boat trailer with shocks like that....interesting.

dil

redfury

Commander

Does this mean that the web cam is back TC? Or do you actually get to USE this one instead of rebuilding it? :D That's a great looking boat. I don't even want to know how much or little you paid for it...no really, I don't.;)

fstorm08

Senior Chief Petty Officer

well. I did it again. I just got back with this 34 year old tri hull. It's a 1978 mfg gypsy 15. It seems to be all original. Interior, paint, all of it. It even has the tonneau cover and full convertible top. The trailer is also a 1978. It's a holsclaw and even has the original sticker on it. Very cool. The motor is a 1976 mercury 65 hp, according to the serial number. Anyway here are some pics. It was worth the five hour drive.

View attachment 146079View attachment 146080View attachment 146081View attachment 146082View attachment 146083

tc.... AWESOME!!

saxrulez

Petty Officer 1st Class

tc.... AWESOME!!

Agreed. Absolutely beautiful!

I occasionally think about selling my old boat during my next deployment and buying something new and fancy when I get back, but this forum and pride just keep pushing me to keep on making mine into exactly what I want instead.

I get really excited when I see old boats on the water that are in great shape. I don't even look twice at the newer ones!

I only need to paint it and put some marine vinyl down on the floor and it will look fantastic. This boat has come too far to stop short of perfection now.

460335_10151696192540235_527975234_24320998_1782254074_o.jpg

tallcanadian

Captain

Does this mean that the web cam is back TC? Or do you actually get to USE this one instead of rebuilding it? :D That's a great looking boat. I don't even want to know how much or little you paid for it...no really, I don't.;)

I'll be using this one red.It's in great great condition. Even the top is in great condition. The only thing |I'll be doing to it is using it. It's 34 years old and it's a bit warn, but for the age of it, it's near perfect. Paint, transom, interior.

DSCF1493.jpg

DSCF1495.jpg

Last edited:

tallcanadian

Captain

Agreed. Absolutely beautiful!

I occasionally think about selling my old boat during my next deployment and buying something new and fancy when I get back, but this forum and pride just keep pushing me to keep on making mine into exactly what I want instead.

I get really excited when I see old boats on the water that are in great shape. I don't even look twice at the newer ones!

I only need to paint it and put some marine vinyl down on the floor and it will look fantastic. This boat has come too far to stop short of perfection now.

View attachment 146232

Thanks Sax. I passed up a lot of boats for this one. Newer ones, junkier ones, bowriders, deep hulls. It hurt a little but it was worth the wait. lol. I would not buy anything new. Too expensive, but nice just the same. But these older boats have more character than any new boat. Plus it would break my heart to spend 15000 or more on a new boat....pass.

TKrause

Seaman Apprentice

Well she floats and runs..... well mostly. Just has no top end, working on that issue. But here is my petition to be in if she is eligible.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

bigdil

Cadet

Well she floats and runs..... well mostly. Just has no top end, working on that issue. But here is my petition to be in if she is eligible.

Looks nice TKrause! Is that a swimming deck on back? Love to see a close picture of the front, rear and inside. Looks like a lot of room inside and a big bimini, very nice! What is the length/width?

dil

TKrause

Seaman Apprentice

Looks nice TKrause! Is that a swimming deck on back? Love to see a close picture of the front, rear and inside. Looks like a lot of room inside and a big bimini, very nice! What is the length/width?

dil

Thanks bigdil, No swimming deck just a swim platform. I'm at work now but i'll drop a few more pics up tomorrow. All the vinyl inside is gone and has been replaced with indoor outdoor brown carpet. She's 17' with an 8' beam. Powered by a 79' Merc. 140. The bimini is big. Covers better than half the boat. Not sure if it's original or not. I've got another post in the Four winns forum to see if anyone has a pic. of this year with a bimini. I'm not sure if i missing 2 poles or if there were straps.

STINEY

Recruit

1970 Mark Twain with 292 straight 6 and Mercury I/O

I've had it for nearly 20 years, haven't used it in 12 years. Not sure what to do with it at this point, it needs the floor replaced and interior redone. Hate to scrap it.

BOAT003-2.jpg

STINEY

Recruit

More pictures. Had a lot of fun in this old tub.

BOAT001-3.jpg

BOAT002-3.jpg

BOAT005-2.jpg

BOAT004-2.jpg

BOAT006-2.jpg

woosterken

Lieutenant

stiney,
welcome aboard :) looks like quite the project,
the right front tire looks a little low on air :)

ken