Recruit
Re: Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

I am in, although not in the water yet.....total rebuild in progress :facepalm:

1976 Chrysler Tri-Hull "Funster 142"

lefty1820

Cadet

Thanks all. It's been fun so far.

Now if I can find a good/used 11' rotory steering cable assembly?

southkogs

Staff member

Mines still upside down but if i flip the picture its lake ready!

IMG_3215.jpg

Cool paint job JDA.

southkogs

Staff member

I'm new to the forum and would like to join the club. Where can I do that?

Picked up a 1970 Crestliner Muskie 15' with running 70hp Johnson/trailer....for FREE!! Been restoring it the past month and on thru this winter to have ready for next spring.

Check my Fotki album for progress pics.
http://public.fotki.com/Lefty1820/1970-crestliner-muskie/

View attachment 120447View attachment 120448

Nice job, that boat looks beautiful.

Hey guys does this qualify?3595.jpg
1971 Combo Cruiser built by Ship-a-Shore corp. in Mishawaka, IN. I have been unable to find much information about her or her manufacturer, but did find a Life magazine feature photo: d3bf625b24769459_large.jpg
She has an OMC electric shift outdrive and I have adapted a Subaru 2.2 inboard. Currently in the middle of a paint job.

lefty1820

Cadet

Ok...is this thread the club or is there a website for the club?

Thanks.

JDA1975

Lieutenant

we dont have a site, right now we have used thread for some common banter and to toss some ideas around, not sure whats going to happen in the past we also have a thread official business of the 3V trihull club

redfury

Commander

Hey guys does this qualify?View attachment 121066
1971 Combo Cruiser built by Ship-a-Shore corp. in Mishawaka, IN. I have been unable to find much information about her or her manufacturer, but did find a Life magazine feature photo: View attachment 121068
She has an OMC electric shift outdrive and I have adapted a Subaru 2.2 inboard. Currently in the middle of a paint job.

that...thing...is....EPIC! I hope you've started a project thread for it! Or at least have an online album to share with us! I'd love to see how that thing is laid out!

southkogs

Staff member

1971 Combo Cruiser built by Ship-a-Shore corp. in Mishawaka, IN. I have been unable to find much information about her or her manufacturer, but did find a Life magazine feature photo: View attachment 121068

Waaaaayyyy Cool boat!! Welcome on board!

that...thing...is....EPIC! I hope you've started a project thread for it! Or at least have an online album to share with us! I'd love to see how that thing is laid out!

Hey thanks redfury! I am getting all my pics together and will put them up as soon as I am done painting... hopefully in the next week. You guys have a great thread going here! I never knew there were so many tri-hulls out there.

YZ165

Seaman

Hey Originalvision, Do you think you brought enough beer along in that first pic? Ha Ha! Cool boat sir!

Hey Originalvision, Do you think you brought enough beer along in that first pic? Ha Ha! Cool boat sir!

Well, actually I was using those for fresh water tanks... finest stainless around! Got those years ago back when the deposit was only $7.00 apiece! Things have changed now. But yeah, I did bring plenty of beer :)

moto220

Recruit

hope this pic dont git me kilt :D but i found an island of sand and got a hairbrained idea for fun in the sand, first test drive with the 15hp went great. now i just need to fab some ramps and well b good to go.. im not gonna say that im currently lookin for a 19-24 tri hull for the REAL fun ferry :cool:

Attachments

• redneck ferry.jpg
    redneck ferry.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 0

southkogs

Staff member

hope this pic dont git me kilt :D but i found an island of sand and got a hairbrained idea for fun in the sand, first test drive with the 15hp went great. now i just need to fab some ramps and well b good to go.. im not gonna say that im currently lookin for a 19-24 tri hull for the REAL fun ferry :cool:

Kinda' like a tri-hull barge :D

lefty1820

Cadet

I've been busy on this restore the last two months. Check out my Fotki page for progress.
Still have cable grommets to put in, finish the front seat section (wife said she would handle that), and put in walk-thru windshield once it arrives.

Trailer will get overhauled next spring. Gotta get this out of the garage for the next few months so the wife can get her truck in for the nights.

http://public.fotki.com/Lefty1820/1970-crestliner-muskie/

gmorgan

Recruit

I'm in.

Attachments

• 15' tri-hull.jpg
    15' tri-hull.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 15' boat add.jpg
    15' boat add.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 0

traderrob

Recruit

Talk about bringing back memories.

My father was President of Ship-a-Shore from it's inception. A product far ahead of it's time but plagued with a manufacturing issue that ultimately led to it's early demise.

Wonderful concept but the devil in the detail.