Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

• Total voters

75TowerOfPower

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

It was a lot of work. New stringers, floor, seat boxes, all new vinyl, new decals, painted trailer, rebuilt carbs/tune up, added fish finder, depth finder, radio and 2 speakers, new swim platform, all new trailer lights, and I think I wam missing some things.

BHShaman

Cadet

1960s Chris Craft 15' Castaway

I don't have much for pictures yet.
I'm not very good at hands on stuff, so I'll be getting quotes for some restoration work on the hull. Father In-Law is a finish carpenter and I'll tap him for help with the interior once the hull has progressed some.

Only picture I have from my yard right now.
838732745_FBjnW-M.jpg

tallcanadian

Captain

Great looking boat. Should be a fun rebuild. Have fun with it.

fauxmeister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

picture.php
[/IMG]I'm in too! Just bought my first boat last fall and haven't even had it in the water yet except to try it out. Getting ready to paint it and do some interior work on it. Should be very much a learning experience but looks like this forum is the place to go. Do we have a logo/sticker yet?

fauxmeister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Great! Thanks for the link. Did anyone ever come up with a logo for the tri-hull club specifically?

SnowHunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Oh! Count me in :D

77 Bayliner Runaway tri-hull!!! Nanner yellow even :D I got pics and a resto thread goin.. the linky is in my sig... but.. for ya pic junkies...;)
boat3.jpg

redfury

Commander

Great! Thanks for the link. Did anyone ever come up with a logo for the tri-hull club specifically?

I had worked on one earlier, but didn't get any input either way...it's back earlier in the thread.

fauxmeister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I had seen that and that's why I asked... I thought it would be a really great idea.

sasquatchfound

Seaman Apprentice

Well, dang i can't join cause my boat is at the shop getting the motor cleaned up, I have a 1972 comoro tri-hull with 35hp evinrude (1957) needs a little work but good right now.

Pics never want to load for me.

Thanks, Shane

redfury

Commander

Well, dang i can't join cause my boat is at the shop getting the motor cleaned up, I have a 1972 comoro tri-hull with 35hp evinrude (1957) needs a little work but good right now.

Pics never want to load for me.

Thanks, Shane

Yup, sorry...no pics, no membership....

;) Bring 'em if you got 'em! We'll give you an honorary membership until you've paid your dues. :D

sasquatchfound

Seaman Apprentice

Ok, I hope these load. here is my tri-hull

Thanks, shane

Attachments

• our boat 2.jpg
    our boat 2.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 0
  • our boat 3.jpg
    our boat 3.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 0
  • our boat.jpg
    our boat.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 0
  • our boat 4.jpg
    our boat 4.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 0

eavega

Lieutenant

Okay, I want in. I had a 1972 Chapparal 15' bowrider tri-hull with a 50 HP Evinrude. I was going to attempt to restore last year, but I lost my job (and thus my budget) in late June and that project got put on hold. Now gainfully employed and with good weather I was going to tackle this project again. After I priced the materials to replace the deck, transom, and stringer I explored the possibility of finding a new hull instead (to do it "Right" was going to be about $500. To "Just get it done" was still going to be more than $300) . Last Saturday fate was kind, and after crawling in and out of about 20 hulls at the salvage yard, I purchased this 1976 Yar Craft Yankee 15 for about half the cost of the materials for the rebuild. This old girl was apparently kept under a roof for years. She was somewhat dirty, but I couldn't find any soft spots on the deck, and the transom was rock solid. As a further testament to how this boat is fated to be back on the water this summer, Currently this boat has no seats. There were a pair of pedestal seats that I took off the Chaparral, but I really didn't want to put those in the new boat. On a lark, I posted a wanted ad in the local Craigslist for back-to-back seats. Wouldn't you know it? I had someone respond that they had a pair they had just taken off their own boat that they were going to throw away, and I was welcome to them for free!

When I get it home tomorrow, I'm gonna drop the 50 HP on it, install the seats, controls, and gauges, and hopefully have it on the water by May 1st.

NewBoat2010002-1.jpg

NewBoat2010003-1.jpg

new-bedrock

Cadet

i am in 73 Larson 1700 shark . a job in progress floor - transom - seats

Attachments

• DSC00016.jpg
    DSC00016.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00017.jpg
    DSC00017.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 0

sasquatchfound

Seaman Apprentice

does anyone know, how i can find a boat salvage yard near my home?

tallcanadian

Captain

Wow. More great looking boats. This just keeps getting better. Nice find eavega. Great looking boat. And bedrock, love the yellow.