Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

• Total voters

tallcanadian

Captain
Re: Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Beautiful boat, fisherball. I do like the MFG trihulls. It's nice to see all these trihulls come to surface. We have to keep up with all these Starcraft owners..lol. Keep them coming.

Fisherball

Chief Petty Officer

Thank you! I had a '61 Larson that needed more $$ & effort than I had. It had an '81 Johnson 70 hp that runs great. I looked for a hull only & couldn't find one so I looked for a boat/trailer with a bad motor. Found this one for $300.00 with a screwed up '81 Johnson 115 hp. I sold that motor for $200.00 for parts & moved my 70 hp to the MFG. The trailler was for a much bigger boat, I had to cut 3' off it & remount coupler & adjust bunks, rollers & move the winchpost but it all worked. I have since replaced keel rollers, bow stop, bunks, lights, & tires. I also added a spare tire & lighted guideposts. The boat itself was in good condition. No soft spots, good, solid transom & wiring is fine. This spring I want to mount a casting deck & livewell. I didn't really have to do any restoration, just cleaned it up. It took 4 months to find what I was looking for. It needs to be buffed out & a few minor repairs to the interior & it'll be set. This fall I added a second battery & wiring system with interior lights & a 12 volt plug. I'll add more lights & a circuit for the livewell.

dawitner

Cadet
1973 Crestliner Muskie 15.5'

1973 Crestliner Muskie 15.5'

Here is my little girl. All restored. Original gel-coat, new interior and seats. Original '73 Evinrude 70 hp.

Attachments

• blue.5-1.jpg
    blue.5-1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 0
  • blue.2.jpg
    blue.2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 0
  • blue.4-1.jpg
    blue.4-1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

woosterken

Lieutenant

dawitner,
welcome to the trihull club!! nice to see another portage lakes boater :)

woosterken

dawitner

Cadet
Wooster Ken

Wooster Ken

Wooster, :):)

Did you recognize the docks at Howie's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pac city

Seaman

heres my 74 thunderbird, have 78 reinell also but its for sale.

Attachments

• boats and stuff 005.jpg
    boats and stuff 005.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 0
  • boats and stuff 006.jpg
    boats and stuff 006.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 0

Fisherball

Chief Petty Officer

Since we now have an official club who is having the first party? More importantly, who is bringing the beer & how much!??

woosterken

Lieutenant

dawitner,
no it was the launch ramp that gave you away! :) that and the action picture i could see the swim area way in the back ground

woosterken

jcorrigan

Cadet

Oh c'mon now..what's one more crazy canuck??

Just bought this today and brought 'er home. My first boat!!

myFirstBoat.jpg

tallcanadian

Captain

Oh c'mon now..what's one more crazy canuck??

Just bought this today and brought 'er home. My first boat!!

myFirstBoat.jpg

Great looking boat there JC. What kind of shape is it in? Need to do any work to her?

redfury

Commander

Since we now have an official club who is having the first party? More importantly, who is bringing the beer & how much!??

I think the majority share in the club may not have a floatable boat yet! Mine isn't even trailerable at the moment!:eek:

Nskip

Recruit

78 Reinell.
I got it with a blown 4 cylinder Volvo back in 96. It's got 350 Chevy in it now. Got a lot of good use out of it. I sold it several years ago but still do all the work on it. Last year it was a new engine and seats, this year it gets a new floor.
And that why I'm here. Lots of great info.

Imdebandit

Recruit

I took my old 78 Tri-Hull Invader out of dry rot after 11 years and she is getting a good going over, I feel bad for not posting anything in here as I have been reading and learning a ton as to what I got myself into, I have a ways to go but I am spending every night and week end on her...

jcorrigan

Cadet

Great looking boat there JC. What kind of shape is it in? Need to do any work to her?

Oh yeah, the old girl needs some work all right...the floor is REALLY soft...basically a piece of plywood keeps me from going through! Other than that I think I've gotten a great 'learners' boat, especially for the price.

There will be much perusing of this site I can tell you for info!

tallcanadian

Captain

Oh yeah, the old girl needs some work all right...the floor is REALLY soft...basically a piece of plywood keeps me from going through! Other than that I think I've gotten a great 'learners' boat, especially for the price.

There will be much perusing of this site I can tell you for info!

That's awesome. Start your own thread and share. Don't forget lots of pics. And don't be shy. The folks on this site are awesome.