Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

• Total voters

redfury

Commander
Re: Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

does anyone know, how i can find a boat salvage yard near my home?

Boat yards aren't like junkyards...not much use for old boats really. Most of the stuff that goes bad on boats is just going to be replaced with new stuff, or it's found on Ebay or Craigslist.

jcsercsa

Captain

Boat yards aren't like junkyards...not much use for old boats really. Most of the stuff that goes bad on boats is just going to be replaced with new stuff, or it's found on Ebay or Craigslist.

Yep , I just picked up a hole window set for mine for 50 bucks and 40 for shipping off of ebay !!!! man did i steal that one !! John

Desertvet38

Recruit

Heck yes! What a great idea for this club! Afterall...Trihulls are boats too! :) This is my first boat...a 1982 Bonito 16 footer with an Evinrude 50hp...just got it last month and have already redone the entire floor / stringers, carpet, wiring, compounding the faded gelcoat and then buffing on some carnuba wax. Looks completely different!

Attachments

• 0_1.jpg
    0_1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

BHShaman

Cadet

Got some pictures before it went to Pemaquid Marine for Hull Repair. The Transom and Rails were too far gone for me and father in-law to try. They will also be removing that decking put on the bow. It was all rotted and when we tried to take it off, we found someone had ground down the rail to make the carpeted decking flush. *sigh*

Father In-Law and I'll reserve our efforts for the interior.
He is a finish carpenter so it should come out well.

P1000402.jpg

P1000401.jpg

P1000400.jpg

fauxmeister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Welcome to iboats...good looking boat!

Snap

Cadet

Can I join? Just picked up my first boat last night. Title says it's a 1973 15' National - other than that I have no idea!

CIMG4660.JPG

tallcanadian

Captain

Good looking boat. Welcome. Looking at the transom from the back, there should be a HIN number at the top right hand corner. That gives you all your info on your boat.

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander

Ooh, a tri-hull club! I'm in.

1978 StarCraft TriStar 15'. These pics must be 6 years old, I've done quite a bit to it since then:
Email0001.jpg

Email0002.jpg

She ain't much, but she can do this:
Maggie_Halibut_2.jpg

redfury

Commander

That boat has almost an identical profile as my Glastron....how does she ride in the water? I've never physically been in my boat in water. Your's is the first I've seen with an almost identical nose...I'm curious as to how she busts up waves.

SnowHunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

AJ, thats a REALLY nice SC ya got there!!! :D I'm diggin that boat, classy lines, nice profile...ahhhh *drooling*

Theres one at a local marine yard up here, gots me thinkin....

Love the girls and the fish!! cute!!

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander

The StarCraft trihull rides mostly like...well, like a trihull; hard waves pound ya. But it cuts through better than some, I'm sure. I like it because it's stable enough to take 2 or 3 kids out fishing on, or even 4 to 5 people to watch downtown parades and concerts from the water.

I also like it for fishing because the draft is shallow enough to troll around in 18" of water in South San Diego Bay, but I also feel comfortable going a mile or so offshore to hit the kelp beds (on a nice day and incoming tide, of course).

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

my entry into the club... sadly sold her last year, but she was a good boat!

larson 15.5 shark, mid 70's vintage. I had completely stripped the floor and redid it, but the vinyl was in extremely good shape, didn't have to touch it.

interesting design to say the least. There was a cooler (at least thats what it was supposed to be) under one of the front cushions. It had a drain plug which drained into the floor of the bow (all fiberglass), which then had a dump tube directly overboard with a above water thru-hull. And that wierd offcenter walkthrough... no idea why that was thought to be a good idea.

boat1.jpg
boat2.jpg

redfury

Commander

Other than the weird windshield ( I've seen new boats with it though! ), I like the lines of the shark...not as snub nosed as some of the other tri hulls...;)

Snap

Cadet

Good looking boat. Welcome. Looking at the transom from the back, there should be a HIN number at the top right hand corner. That gives you all your info on your boat.

Interesting as the MIC is NCZ which from what I see is a North Carolina 'homebuilt' code? The boat has an NC title.

Snap

Cadet

No HIN on the top right but there is one on the top left. Starts SOB ( :) ) which is (was?) Smuggler Boat Works Inc in Florida. Is it possible that the top and bottom are from two different boats hence the NC title being a 'homebuilt'?? :confused:

tallcanadian

Captain

Not sure about that. But it would be easy to get a title if he didn't have one before. Tell motor vehicle it was home made and issue a new registration. Same as a homemade trailer. Go into DMV and say home made and walk out with a title.

Snap

Cadet

Same as a homemade trailer. Go into DMV and say home made and walk out with a title.

Didn't think the trailer needed a title? (not only am I new to boats I'm also originally from the UK!)