To Build a Boat (any boat)

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: To Build a Boat (any boat)

lol... i'll fix that image in just a few short days now... it'll be a picture of wimp in his freshly painted minimax doing about 15 mph and wind in his hair and grinning from ear to ear as he thinks about the poor fools still in the build phase. :D

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

It will either be that or a picture of DINK... His freshly painted Minimax, hair blowin, Oh Crap look on his face :mad: cause he just launched his minimax and it's headin nose first right into the lake.<br /><br />Remember that Foam you left out???? It doubles as personal flotation devices :D

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

lol... I left the foam in the life vest right where it belongs.. Now I just need two lil luggage racks , one on each side of the rear, to carry empty jugs loosely strapped in, tied to the motor for rescuing the motor in the event of a sinking minimax when the motorboard tears the transom off. :D

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

What you need is one of those neat self inflating thingies... Pull the rope and it inflates....<br /><br />Strap it to the motor... and screw the string loosley to the deck.. that way when it does fall off... it will activate the bag and inflate...<br /><br />Might take a few test trys to get it right... :D <br /><br />Funniest crap happened a bit ago... Just confused as to what to do... :confused:

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by Dave J Z:<br /> <br />Funniest crap happened a bit ago... Just confused as to what to do... :confused:
Reread the plans maybe? :rolleyes: :D

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

LMAO.... no no no ... I told my wife I needed a motor for the new project.. Of course she rolled her eyes... Last time we had to travel from an Ebay Purchase we drove 14 hours one way... was there about 15 minutes and did the 14 hours home.. She gave me a limit.. 500 miles from home. So I saw this old 60's 40hp super sea horse on ebay a few days back(local pickup only).. starting bid .99 Laughed and bid .99 (like I'd ever win it at .99) Got the "you've won the item" email... .99 cents.. just don't know if I want to make the treck to texas to get it. Might just send him a dollar and tell to relist...lol

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

oh yeesh for that kind of a deal you have to go get it lol... guessing its a parts motor?

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

The guy didn't know that much about it... said it ran about 3 years ago when he bought it.. Put it in his Garage for a backup for his boat... upgradedto different boat and don't need the motor.. Pulled the rope and it didn't recoil when he listed it... Everythings there... Complete. he said it seemed like there was pretty good comp but couldn't test.

lark2004

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The bigtwin would look cool! <br />You gotta find some way of picking it up! <br /><br />These old motor's are pretty tough, the spring in the recoil is probably gummed up with crappy grease and dust.<br /><br />They are a bit heavy on the gas though....

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

anyone want to race but dont feel like building one? here's a minimost on ebay sitting right now at 250 bucks. Ebay Minimost

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

Seama a bit pricey... but it's gunna sell... What do you have tied up in parts and labor?

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

:D bet its close to that when you add in that I had to replace my top sheet, I've over resined everything.. bout 20 lbs of resin on it now with 1 more overcoat to go... and I over buy everything. so I have lots of left over stuff for other projects but I've cleared 175 in parts alone.<br /><br />Still if your not the type to enjoy building it yourself, you cant buy many boats for 250 bucks and I'd say its worth it if you enjoy it enough.

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah.. thats true.. plus the winner can lie and say he built it without having to post his problems here...lol

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

lol... cept we've seen it now and we'd know better

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

LMAO... unless he painted it camo with flames and a blue and white stripe

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

lol... everyone would think it was me using a diff name. :D

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

How's the progress comming???? it should be painted and in the water already... slackin man slackin.

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

You glued it to the sawhorses didn't ya? ;) :D

kfraser

Petty Officer 1st Class

Very Nice work. Can't wait to see it finished. PS...That hydro plane went for $500.00 bucks...I almost bought it, but I would have had to hide it at your place for a year or two...lol