To Build a Boat (any boat)

cpj

Ensign
Re: To Build a Boat (any boat)

Boatman, I will give you a word of advice.Dont tell the 3 stooges about your project(calico,dave jz and wiperstink)until you are about 90% done. Then post the pics as if you are showing them a work in progress, even thoug you are almost done.That way it will keep them off your back! :D

cpj

Ensign

Dave, if im seeing correct. it appears as if I have a dress on.mlm :D mlm

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

So then your sayin your 90% done Captian??? <br /><br />It's all fun and games until a guy weres a TuTu.. mlm :D

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

and a bouquet of flowers in hand.... just what you needed :D <br /><br />I you see... am still ahead of you Captian... My boat needs a motor.. and a motor I have bought... :D mlm

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

a camoflage tutu :D with periwinkles on it<br /><br />The new name will be Queenie Periwinkle :p

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

lol dink... just wonderin when this will turn to page 6... tired of havin to scroll down.... <br />I do however like those yak plans dink.. might have to put um' away for future projects

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

page 5 went quick and in short bursts. :) Watching Calico's progress over the last 2 days, looks like he's going for the record for dust to dugout. On the first day his ply was cut.. on the second day he was 3/4 built. Thats gotta hurt the ego huh Captian Pansie Boy. :D mlm

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

No reason to get mad Periwinkle... were all just curious about your yak.... Want to see the progress... no use getting your TuTu in a wad cause were havin a few laughs... mlm :D

cpj

Ensign

just show that I am a good sport,have at the full size pic jiz meister.<br /><br /><br />
100_0532.jpg

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

This is frustrating! That resin is just not curing. What's the shelf life on this polyester stuff? And why does it have to stink sooooo bad?<br /><br />I have about three hours into this thing, maybe less but I've been waiting for resin to cure since Monday. And standing and watching it doesn't seem to help any.<br /><br />If I did this boat again I'd get a couple of tubes of construction adhesive and a can of paint and be done with it in a half a day. The whole boat wouldn't cost more than $20.

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Dude your dog looks really tired! Don't you ever feed him?

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks for taking care of my light work Dave<br /><br />But I might add, your just makin more work for yourself now... gotta go iron your tutu cause ya got it in a wad :D :D :D still just yakin on ya :D

cpj

Ensign

Man guys, my wife dont even give me this much crap!<br />As soon as I lay my little one down in a couple of minutes I shall go cut some wood.I got the good end of the deal here,I got to stay home and babysit the midget, while Mrs.Periwinkle took the 4 year old to her birthday party at a local pizza/arcade/lots of screaming kids/lots of screaming parents screaming at kids that are screaming/way to frikin many people place. :D Hurry up JIZ I want a full size tutu picture!

cpj

Ensign

Hmmm... thats not a tutu. :D BTW CK,all BS aside,which boat are you building and whats the link to the plan?

cpj

Ensign

Look who made this 6 pages.The one who has done the least! :D

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

calico, go purchase another bottle of hardener and coat it again... just mix in extra hardener this time and the stuff under it will cure too... Thats what I did when I was having trouble with the second set of pontoons and it all hardened within 30 minutes... all the way through

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Just coat it with hardener?? I'm about to coat it with gasoline...<br /><br />Yep that's the boat, only I didn't follow directions..