To Build a Boat (any boat)

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander
Re: To Build a Boat (any boat)

Oh BTW it's called the DUG but I think the D is silent when pronounced.

cpj

Ensign

Think Ill stick to mine ck. Yours is way to long!(bet you have never heard that before!) :D <br />Hey Dave JIZ! Where is my tutu?

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

no mix resin and hardener... only put extra hardener in it and recoat... it'll harden fast so work quick... when it hardens it'll harden the sticky stuff underneath too. I've done it twice and it worked fine

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

...and wide, CPJ! :D This thing is going to have a candle lit in it and be sent off with a prayer soon.<br /><br />I ran out of that old resin and my rules were to not buy anything but the one sheet.<br /><br />I'd like to take some time this weekend and modify the frames drawings of that sneakbox to make it more of a planer and maybe I can build frames and such in the basement this winter CPJ style (sloooowly). Advantage epoxy, no smell no get wobbly while using indoors.

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

not gonna finish the dug even this far into it?

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

I'm no quitter! I've got three hours into this thing already! I'm just a bit peeved with the resin. BTW I got the MSDS for poly resin and right there at the top, BOOGERS! I knew it!<br /><br />It was an old can and I knew I was taking a chance with it. I'll be able to salvage this wreck, right now I've got $11.00 and three hours into it and I'd bet it would float with me in it long enough to get half way across Sticky Bay, at which point it would fall flat into 7 pieces leaving me bobbing around like a dummy trying to cross in an $11.00 boat.

cpj

Ensign

Yeah Ck, not gonna wuss out on us are ya?Thats right ,lets laugh at ole CPJ.He's takin forever to build his.I bet that he doesnt even have the wood yet!All CPJ has is a dream!And yada yada yada.Look whos laughing now BEEATCH! :D :D :D Just kiddin!

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

I'll see how that resin feels tomorrow AM and if it's still sticky I'll pick up a tube of PL premium and glue the heck out of it.<br /><br />I never meant for it to be pretty, that's my job, it just needed to float and be ultra cheap.<br /><br />Wait till you see what I used, it's gotta float before I reveal though :D

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

And I'm still laughin' bro! Maybe I could use your masonite frame template as a seat in my awesome canoe. :D :D

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

You wanted a full size pic... so here it is<br />
Captian.jpg
<br /><br />But while I was at it... thought you'd want a yak to go with it mlm :D <br /><br /><br />
captianyak.JPG
<br /> <br />This way you'll have a picture to show... instead of a dream :D and looky..it even has your club :D

cpj

Ensign

Dave, YOU THE MAN! Thats frikin funny!LMAO!

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

that would send me out for a new jug of resin TOMORROW CK :D

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by cpj:<br /> Yeah Ck, not gonna wuss out on us are ya?Thats right ,lets laugh at ole CPJ.He's takin forever to build his.I bet that he doesnt even have the wood yet!All CPJ has is a dream!And yada yada yada.Look whos laughing now BEEATCH! :D :D :D Just kiddin!
Now... he isn't the one makin templates...

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Ok i'm not trying to dig in an open wound cpj but isnt making templates a lil like reinventing the wheel? Will you be mass producing these?

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

OMG ROFLMAO... I think I may have a tear.... <br /><br /><br />Got to give you credit on that one CK<br /> :D

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Dink (where ever you went off to)and anyone else.... This is up on ebay ending in a day and some hours.... heres a pic...<br />
a1_0.JPG
<br /><br /><br /> heres the link:<br /> Ebay Boat

cpj

Ensign

ok **** bags, I made one template and now Im done with them.Are you 3 stooges happy?And no wienerstink I mean wimperdink,I dont think that it was reinventing the wheel,if nothing else it was practice.Read in my yak post I explain it better there.Anyway, Im going to bed. Im getting sleepy.JIZ that was a great picture!ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!