STARCRAFT OWNERS Check in

flatsider45

Seaman
Re: STARCRAFT OWNERS Check in

Hey guys just thought I'd chime in with my sweet 16.Still working like a madman trying to get it ready for paint and flooring.I've gotton most of the wood parts made .Got my paint and primer ordered.Got the initial sanding done but will have to go back over it before prime to remove any oxidation thats occured since sanding.Hoping to have it done in about another month.Will keep ya posted.

Attachments

• DSC00046.jpg
    DSC00046.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00051.jpg
    DSC00051.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00052.jpg
    DSC00052.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 0

paparoof

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Oh hey - we're posting pictures of our Starcrafts?

Here's my 75 Islander the day I brought her home:

22_foot_jungle_gym_2.jpg

The "after" picture will have to wait until *after* I get about a million things done to her.

Just bought my first one (my hopes it's my last, lol) yesterday. 1962 Starcraft "Starmist" (I believe) with a 75 hp Evinrude. Can't wait to get started on it!

Photo0336.jpg

Photo0338.jpg

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Nice job, haven't seen the rig in a while.

I'm curious, did you enlarge the storage openings in the bow benches or was that factory?

Thanks Huron. I added 2 hatches in the floor, 1 in the bow and 1 in the stern. I also added a hatch under the front center pad thats held on with velcro and makes a good place for anchor and line storage. Each swivel seat is on a box thats hinged for more storage.

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here is my picture of the 63 16ft jupiter the day I brought it home 7-24-10 and is now being restored.
SDC10059.JPG

Last edited:

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

WOW! Darren, that's a nice looking boat. Good work. Hope mine will look that nice next year.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

My '77 18' SS

Before:
DSCF2140.jpg

DSCF2146.jpg

After:
DSCF2727-1.jpg

DSCF2728-2.jpg

seafrer

Cadet

Hi I am knew to this site and hope that all of you can help me with good advice on a restor project.I bought a starkraft seafarhere A for 100$.I am hopeing this is a good deal.It will knead sum work.new wood,paint,stickers.the paint is a paint on bed liner out side not sher of the purpose of this.I will have to sand blast of.I was wondering if eny body new enthing abought the type of wood thay used.It is also missing sumthing on the aft.I hope that sum one can help

I am in the process of restoring my first Starcraft. My boat is a 1964 Starcraft Bahama with a 1969 Evinrude 40hp Big Twin. Purchased it in June i should get the motor back any day now from my marine mechanic and it will be ready to hit the lake for the first time in probably 20 years. Wish me luck.:)

here is mine it is a 1978 Starcraft Islander I/O with a 165 Horse Mercruiser and pre alpha outdrive. I am in the process of fixing her up but the paint is done and only a couple small things to do to her.
newboat 006rs.jpg

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

here is mine it is a 1978 Starcraft Islander I/O with a 165 Horse Mercruiser and pre alpha outdrive. I am in the process of fixing her up but the paint is done and only a couple small things to do to her.
View attachment 74696

Nice WB4W

Welcome to the insanity!
Great looking boat
The 165 is my fav motor, someday I will swap out my 4 banger for a 6!

Jet Mech 71

Seaman Apprentice

Hi all, so I just found this thread and I thought I would post my Starcraft as well. From what I have read, I think mine might be the newest boat in here. Mine is a 2008 Islander 221 O/B. Looking at doing a few add on's but other than that nothing needs to be done due to it being new. I first saw one a few years ago. It was parked out by my buddies house. Never stopped and looked at the inside, but I loved the way it looked other than it was in I/O. So last year when I we deployed to Kuwait, I saw it on Craigslist. I was floored it was not a glass boat.
So about 5 months ago my wife and I started looking at new boats. We were leaning towards a new 25ft Trophy. Then I saw a 19ft Islander at a storage place. So I started looking to find an Islander. It had to be an O/B. My last 2 boats were glass with I/O. Don't want to do that again.
So after searching the county, craigslist ect, I got this one. I have sooo many people ask me who makes it, where did I get it, how heavy and what size it is. I just can't ask for better boat. :D

jplscrapie

Seaman

im checking in my 65 runabout

Attachments

• DSCF4434.jpg
    DSCF4434.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF4432.jpg
    DSCF4432.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 0

LastDollar

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just found the link here is mine. I bought the boat new in 1963.

LD2021.jpg

With the salvaged 80hp Merc

LD013.jpg

Last edited:

EJ42955

Seaman Apprentice

Just stumbled upon this thread.

I, recently, was given an '86 StarCraft. ( I know the year based on hull ID). But, my sister-in-law hasn't gotten any papers to me, yet. So, I'm not sure of the model. Mine doesn't look like any in the '86 brochure, but does look similar to a couple in the '82. Could I have a late '85, released as '86?

Here's a couple of pics...

Attachments

• New_Toy2-sm.JPG
    New_Toy2-sm.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 0
  • New_Toy-sm.JPG
    New_Toy-sm.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 0

x80shick

Recruit

I just stumbled on this thread too. My husband and I are buying a 1968 Starcraft Holiday 18' inboard this coming Saturday. I can't wait to restore it. I have been a boat my whole life and teaching the ways of the water to my husband. I am hoping this one survives him ( sorry Hun ). He is on here also under Thirdtimesthecharm. We will post once we get pictures together.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Welcome x80shick, forget this old thread, you need to head on down to the Starcraft section of this site where the real SC action is :D There's original brochures, a list of all the restoration projects and owner pictures. Stop down and post up some pics of your new rig when you get it.

GearUp97

Recruit

I have recently restored a Starcraft Runabout, Model name and year unknown. Tommorow I will post some pictures of the Boat, and I hope It can be identified, as well as some maintanance tips. Thank You :)

W.Zell

Recruit
Re: STARCRAFT OWNERS Check in (STARCRAFT)

Re: STARCRAFT OWNERS Check in (STARCRAFT)

Hello To All,

This is my new project, a renovation of a Starcraft Adventurer. An Adventurer-TR. I found this online Popular Mechanics article HERE.

I am wondering if anyone has a MANUAL for this vessel? ... or perhaps they have some more information on it. I would love to know what the outboard engine HP limit is.

Other links are:

http://forums.iboats.com/Fiberglass-Boat-Repair/Starcraft

A picture of this boat in its present condition: CLICK HERE