STARCRAFT OWNERS Check in

Bighoss

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: STARCRAFT OWNERS Check in (STARCRAFT)

My Jet and 16ft SS restore project.

Attachments

• img1310378270984.jpg
    img1310378270984.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 0
  • img1311089125110.jpg
    img1311089125110.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 0

county boatboy

Recruit
Re: STARCRAFT OWNERS Check in

Hello,

I am looking for some information. I just bought a 1976 Starcraft 16 footer. I believe that it is a Supersport model, but not sure as the identification is no longer on the boat. It looks alomost excatly like the one pictured above with the registration number VT 2108B on it. It is in very good mechanical shape but needs TLC. I am looking to replace the rubber (or whatever it is) in the rectangular chrome plated metal plates that sit on top of the railing. There are four of them on my boat. I think that they are used as steps to use to get into the boat. I don't know what these are called, and so can't find out where toget any. I would be thnakful for any help that you can provide.

timfives

Petty Officer 1st Class

Seems like we should update this list..

add

Michaelp
timfives

I'm sure there are others..

Gentlemen I have been collecting a list just from the restoration forum....... Seem like we have quite a following :D:D

Starcraft Armada

Bob_VT
Old Ticker
North Beach
BIGcarpy50
barryll
matthewp
freeisforme
reelfishin
Tacklewasher
Sschefer
Idrownworms
CheapboatKev
Starcraft Tony
ezmobee
jennis9
Matthewp
Starppy
APPALOOSA2
CATransplant
imported_John_S
Tail_Gunner
txmntman
sheboyganjohn
ddrieck
Boss Hawg
sprintst
MrMarine
Parmaboater
Huron Angler
noah4009
edumas
supr78nova
sparky15
DVTO2
anthony7
xxxplorer50
cnr2003
snal
steves937
WATERHAM
EMSMedic79
Shawn Acker
REPAIR 101
joeyplumley
Captain Caveman
sunk ship
bradleeson
gi007
freeisforme
KAK
dan bateman
calmwaters13
pfeffer
STARCRAFT16SS
willyrocket
halas
Starcraftguy1
swmarsh
lakelover
jtpickel
Rickairmedic
Andy in NY
pilotmanmk11
wrfalpacas
dspcoy

Once the armament is mounted we could take over a small country :eek: :p

SierraMark

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Add another one. Major Noob here...first boat. I just bought it over the weekend, it's not even home yet.

I don't know how you guys make it through winter...it's been 2 days for me and I cannot wait to get it!!!

I'm sure you will be hearing more from me in the future.

1991StarcraftFM165C.jpg

-Mark

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Chris and Mark, welcome to iboats and you guys scored a couple of fine rigs there! Well done:)

bgc

Ensign

1963 Jet Star with 1963 Mercury 500..

IMG_0169.jpgIMG_0284.jpg

Blacksting

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am going to start a thread covering my 1978 Starcraft American 15 one of these days! I have a lot, lot of work into her and she is worth every second of it. I introduced a lot of people to the water with that thing... Seems the fiberglass starcrafts are very rare, I definitly prefer the look of the fiberglass more.

I'll be looking for your new thread as I literally dragged an American 15 out of someones yard . yup, took me and my son 3 gruesome hours because the PO fell ill and his wife said I could 'just take it ' . but after 10 years 3 trees had grown around the boat and it took some doing ( my 21 y/o son was my hero ) to get her out . ,...........I'm so excited after reading multi-posts here , i can't wait to get pics uploaded , even more so get my '85 70hp johnny mounted on what seems to be a fairly strong transom . :redface:,....I was able to free up the steering , and gutted the floor . but the sporty bench seat , an awesome black and yellow , is in bad shape . i'd love to keep the original look and have it reapaulstered . the hull is mint and it came w/ a '73 40hp johnny which started right up after i cleaned the points and sprayed some premix in the 2 cylinders . the recoil spring broke , but my son saved it by cutting about a foot off and tac welding it back together . and yes , these boats seem to be rare cause i dont see many Americans . good luck w/ your project , i'll be looking for you ,..........ride hard , die fast ,......

5150fsdogfan

Recruit

Hey there,
well I always wanted a little Whaler Hull, I guess I am getting closer! Just aquired a 1965 Starcraft "Eplorer Deluxe".
No motor, No Trailer, but looks pretty clean for a hull.

I have never seen one of these boats before and what little I do know about it is is based on the title and an old add I found on fiberglass classics.

Anybody out there ever heard of or seen on of these (center console about 14.5 feet).

I have noe idea what the HP was originally on it and the console is gone so am not real sure where to locate a new center console......Was this little boat any good????

Any pointers would be much appreciated....

Thanks,

BTW-Heres the address to the add with a pic, interesting little boat.

http://www.fiberglassics.com/wiki/images/4/41/starcraftb65004.jpg

drryan

Cadet

Starting a restoration of a Starcraft Medalist 1601 with an OMC 4.3L Sterndrive. Will post some pics later.

73dart360

Cadet

i thought this was a strcraft Falcon but now I am not sure can someone help me identify this 14 ft strcraft fiberglass boat

Attachments

• DSC00225.JPG
    DSC00225.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 0

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

Hey there,
well I always wanted a little Whaler Hull, I guess I am getting closer! Just aquired a 1965 Starcraft "Eplorer Deluxe".
No motor, No Trailer, but looks pretty clean for a hull.

I have never seen one of these boats before and what little I do know about it is is based on the title and an old add I found on fiberglass classics.

Anybody out there ever heard of or seen on of these (center console about 14.5 feet).

I have noe idea what the HP was originally on it and the console is gone so am not real sure where to locate a new center console......Was this little boat any good????

Any pointers would be much appreciated....

Thanks,

BTW-Heres the address to the add with a pic, interesting little boat.

http://www.fiberglassics.com/wiki/images/4/41/starcraftb65004.jpg

Welcome aboard 5150! That's a sweet looking rig! I would suggest dropping by the Starcraft forum, found at the bottom of the main forum page under the manufacturers section... quite a few of us Tin Heads there :)

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Here's my contribution, 1983 16' SS with a 40 hp Suzuki. This was my first resto finished a few years ago before I found Iboats. Lucky I didn't use any PT and that is Rusto hammer tone silver that's holding up great. Still using it. Soon she will have a big brother that she'll have to share my time with.

Attachments

• DSCF0841.JPG
    DSCF0841.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF0840.JPG
    DSCF0840.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF0844.JPG
    DSCF0844.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF0842.JPG
    DSCF0842.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 1

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Starting a restoration of a Starcraft Medalist 1601 with an OMC 4.3L Sterndrive. Will post some pics later.

I'm not a fan of the OMC but man, a 4.3 in a 16'? That's gonna haul!!

dozerII

Admiral

Hey Mike that's a real nice job you did on your SS, she looks like she is holding up well.
Glen

kfa4303

Banned

My Jet and 16ft SS restore project.

Great progress Bighoss. What did you use to strip the old paint and get such a nice shine? Are you going to keep all, or some of it bare aluminum? Looks great!

Milkman_Rob

Cadet

1967 Seasport 14' Has a 1969 evinrude 40 on it now.

102_0290.jpg102_0286.jpg102_0284.jpg

Blacksting

Petty Officer 1st Class

jasoutside, HELP ! i picked up an American 15 w/ a 40hp jonny 1973 and i'm dying to post picks of her but don't know how . any tips on uploading pics ? shes' a beauty and deserves all the attention the rest of the Starcrafts are getting . not only that , i have a bunch of questions this carpenter needs to ask the resto pros . ,....

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Howdy blacksting! Photos I can help you with!

Just open up an account over at photobucket, upload your photos there. Then, copy the IMG code and then paste it here in your thread. Piece of cake!:D

Now, about your glasser Starcraft...

I can "help" but I'm not so sure you'll like my advice:eek:

Welcome to iboats!:)