STARCRAFT OWNERS Check in

Blacksting

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: STARCRAFT OWNERS Check in

hey 78starcraftamerican , i picked up a '73 American 15 w/ a 40hp johnny . do you have any pics ? better yet , how do ya upload on this dang site ??? i've been trying for weeks and don't have a clue ,...HELLLPPP !!!!!!,....shes' beautiful but needs a little tlc and springs coming soon ,...

Blacksting

Petty Officer 1st Class

Mystarcraft2.jpgMystarcraft.jpg<a href="http://s1254.photobucket ,,,,, jasoutside,...thanks for the qiuck reply ,...that was easy now comes the hard part , rbuilding the '73 American 15' boat ,....i picked it up for free , the PO fell ill and it sat in the yard for about 10 years , so i'm told . i powerwashed her and think she looks pretty good . i have a 40 hp mounted on a makeshift 2x12 i nailed to the side of my shed and after cleaning and regapping the points she fired right up . i'd like to swap it out w/ an '85 70hp vro johnny . will this work ? how do i check the oil pump ? i have an 18 gallon tank , is this too big ? i freed up the steering but need a new helm which i have . my one regret is its' missing the classic nose-peice . hope i can find one as it seems to be a Starcraft trademark . it came w/ a nice sporty bench seat but its torn on one side , i hope i can get it reapaulstered . i found out its' an American here on iboats and theres a ton of great info . but i'll need some one on one help . i want to do it right and get her in the water by the end of May . more pics and questions to come , thanks in advance , hope i get initiated into the club ,....

Blacksting

Petty Officer 1st Class

Mystarcraft2.jpgHello chinewalker, i have a '73 American 15 that i started gutting out . i'd love to see pics of yours , it seems the American is rare . mine came w/ a sporty bench seat w/ a piano hinge mounted on 2x6s on edge . and i have'nt seen any Starcrafts w, this type of seat . i read somewhere that they did interior changes in the early '70s and i'd like to keep the original look . more so now that i found this Starcraft mega-club and learned the history of Starcraft . the 40 johnny starts right up but i have an '85 70 vro johnny i'd like to throw on . my story is similar to ddrieks' , a few posts above . i found the boat in someones yard after it sat for like 10 years . 3 trees had grown around her and it took 3 hours dragging her out the yard . it also had a small tree growing inside the rear of the hull that my son yanked out . the fiberglass skin has a crack about 10" long , but the keel and stringers seem ok . the transome had its aluminum moulding off but seems strong enough . i have a 16 gal. gas tank i'd like to use but don't know if its too big . again , i'd love to see pics of your American to get some ideas . i fell in love with this boat and so anxious to get her done . Mystarcraft.jpg

Blacksting

Petty Officer 1st Class

not getting much love here ,......where'd all the SC mob go to ???

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

You're finding out the sad truth......we just don't have much interest in the glassers :(

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Don't be man, that American has nice lines and you love it so go for it:)

bgc

Ensign

You're finding out the sad truth......we just don't have much interest in the glassers :(

But she’s still a STARCRAFT!
Be it a glasser or tinny a proud STARCRAFT owner should be welcomed.

bgc

Ensign

View attachment 136712Hello chinewalker, i have a '73 American 15 that i started gutting out . i'd love to see pics of yours , it seems the American is rare . mine came w/ a sporty bench seat w/ a piano hinge mounted on 2x6s on edge . and i have'nt seen any Starcrafts w, this type of seat . i read somewhere that they did interior changes in the early '70s and i'd like to keep the original look . more so now that i found this Starcraft mega-club and learned the history of Starcraft . the 40 johnny starts right up but i have an '85 70 vro johnny i'd like to throw on . my story is similar to ddrieks' , a few posts above . i found the boat in someones yard after it sat for like 10 years . 3 trees had grown around her and it took 3 hours dragging her out the yard . it also had a small tree growing inside the rear of the hull that my son yanked out . the fiberglass skin has a crack about 10" long , but the keel and stringers seem ok . the transome had its aluminum moulding off but seems strong enough . i have a 16 gal. gas tank i'd like to use but don't know if its too big . again , i'd love to see pics of your American to get some ideas . i fell in love with this boat and so anxious to get her done . View attachment 136711

Do you have a thread started in the "restoration" area?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

But she’s still a STARCRAFT!
Be it a glasser or tinny a proud STARCRAFT owner should be welcomed.

This is the Starcraft manufacturers section. Anyone with a Starcraft branded boat is welcome here. However, Blacksting is wondering why no one is answering his questions. I'll elaborate. Firstly, this is pretty much just a thread to post pics of your boat and check in. Not a lot of follow up going on here. He'd be better served by posting up a new thread with his questions. Secondly, that new thread would be better placed in the general Restoration section because let's face it, we're almost all tin heads down here.

bgc

Ensign

I understand, the follow up questions he has should be in the other area.

Blacksting

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks for all the responses . but being an unemployed carpenter tightened my budget and a full resto isnt a good plan . so i'm trying to squeeze every spare penny into this boat . more so being inovative and using parts from another boat . so to start a thread didnt seem feesable . i have most of it done , not to the standards of most of you boat guys i'm sure , but she floats , runs and looks decent . and while i have your attention , thanks a ton for all the info i was able to pick up on . you guys make it easy to appreciate the finer aspects of boating and the mechanics that go into it . matter of fact , i thought this site would be a great tutoral for a youngin to latch onto and start a career either building , repairing boats or a mechanic . ,...........* feelin all warm and fuzzy now :D

Harry Nelson

Recruit

Hello everyone, I'm Harry and new to this site. I have some questions about a boat. My title says it is a bass tracker, the HIN says it is a Starcraft, Starcraft says it was made by Terry Mfg. in Indiana, but of the five 16' aluminum models, no one can help me id it exactly.(Starcraft bought Terry in 1982 and dont have any records). The HIN is DEML5775M79C which comes up as a Starcraft, but my title says it is a bass tracker and the numbers match. I did discover that terry made these models in 1979 and were all rated differently for max hp. The hull dimensions are the same, including the transoms, length and the beam dim. very similar. Ratings start at 25 hp and go up to 55 hp, but, my title says 40 hp. This boat came with console steering and 2 livewells. I'm trying to update to a sixty motor with trim but need to know how close I will be pushing the limits. Is there a site that can kick this info out for me, or anyone who might know something about all this? Thanks y'all

1988Starcraft

Seaman

Back to the original idea here: Starcraft Projects. I've had mine going since November and it's finally coming to an end. It's a 1988 Starcraft 14' Fisherman. My project included repairing a couple leaky rivets (and one hole that was my own mistake) plus replacing the entire floor. If I didn't love my little Starcraft, I wouldn't have put this much work into it. 1988 Starcraft

2-22-12 Floor All Out.jpg

4-15-12 Finished_B.jpg

seakingbob

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hello, Here's a few pics of my Starcraft 170MR Center Console. I have been working on her since last fall and it's almost complete. Never really knew how much work a rebuild could be till I started this project,But it'spaying off. What do you think?

Attachments

• IMAG0467.jpg
    IMAG0467.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0645.jpg
    IMAG0645.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0334.jpg
    IMAG0334.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0333.jpg
    IMAG0333.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 1

kyleg1992

Cadet

I have a 1964 starcraft runabout with a mercury 500 thunderbolt, i think its a 1970.
2cec4f26.jpg
photo 4 (2).jpg
photo 3 (1).jpg
photo.jpg

62JupiterBeauty

Recruit

Glad to see that Starcrafts are being well taken care of. Just completed a 6 year restoration of my 16' 1962 Starcraft Jupiter with its restored trailer an restored 1962 Mercury 1000 Phantom - the most powerful outboard in the world in 1962. The boat should have gone to the junkman but not it flies down the lake and turns heads. Priceless

Star

Chief Petty Officer

Hi All,
This is my 10 year project. Bondo calls it a row boat, which it is, but one fine one that gives me and my wife alot of pleasure on adaroundak lakes and rivers. 15 hp Mercury 4 stroke.

Attachments

• Star14-1.jpg
    Star14-1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Star14-2.jpg
    Star14-2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 0