Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Re: Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

$2300 cash? Huh. I was thinking $2000 worth of turnips. Or maybe $2100 worth of ring bologna, at most.;)

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

$2300 cash? Huh. I was thinking $2000 worth of turnips. Or maybe $2100 worth of ring bologna, at most.;)

You are thinking its worth $2000-$2100? I agree, I really was not planning on giving him 2300 clams... I don't posses a refrigerated truck ;)

jacobean 08

Cadet

Chieftan,

You have to ask about the "Chieftan make offer in Saginaw". Could be the deal of the summer. I'm in no position to be curious but I sure am. If I wasn't 5 hrs away I'd take a look myself. This site and these boats are becoming addictive. MUST STOP NOW!

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

Chieftan,

You have to ask about the "Chieftan make offer in Saginaw". Could be the deal of the summer. I'm in no position to be curious but I sure am. If I wasn't 5 hrs away I'd take a look myself. This site and these boats are becoming addictive. MUST STOP NOW!

Its bigger then im looking for, but dude 5 hrs is not bad.. come on up! :) there are a number of 19-22' Chiefs up right now for $3-4k

GameOnSalmon

Seaman Apprentice

Chieftan,

Jacobean,

PFFFFTTTT..... 5 Hours, thats a walk in the park, you boys in that neck have a lock on the big Starcrafts, I have driven in the last 3 weeks, 670 miles each way, 520 miles each way, and 2 days ago, i went to wyoming 780 each way all in 24 hour spurts... You boys are lucky i am not any closer, i would drive 5 hrs any day of the week for that kind of pricing and stuff...

Just saying... Why are you still here get moving my friend... HA HA

Robert

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

Jacobean I txted that guy and he is looking at around $3000... dang, that's a steal if everything works!

JD in Milwaukee

Petty Officer 1st Class

3k for that is a really good price. I'd like to see more pics. V5 hull and it looks really clean as well. It makes that 21' Mariner by me look like crap and a rip off.
Jacobean I txted that guy and he is looking at around $3000... dang, that's a steal if everything works!

GameOnSalmon

Seaman Apprentice

Chieftan, its a good thing i didnt see that last week before i picked up my 22' HOLIDAY. For that kind of rig and as clean as it looks around 3k should be able to grab that for $2700 and thats a STEAL for sure. I would drive to Michigan in a heartbeat to save 3,000 cause that boat around here would fetch $6000 all day long and fast too boot.

Robert

jbcurt00

Staff member

1966 16ft Starcraft runabout, 1978 40 HP Merc, 1989 trailer (Dunkirk, NY) $975

http://erie.craigslist.org/boa/3056109934.html
5Gf5W65Fa3L93J43Nbc648a4291d1cce319ed.jpg

Nice 1966 Starcraft 16 ft aluminum runabout, the hull is in excellent shape for its age -no dents, has 1978 Mercury 40 hp, 1989 Sprint galvanized trailer. New throttle and shift cables in 2011, new battery in 2011. Boat comes with two plastic six gallon gas tanks, anchor. Cockpit cover. Ready to go and get on the lake now. Lightweight package, can be pulled with just about any vehicle.
$975.00 or best offer.

Hmmmm, how far is it to Dunkirk, NY??? 1978 40hp Merc would not be my 1st choice on a 16', even if it's a lightweight tinny, but if it runs.......... Probably not a '66 w/ the pre-65 windshield....

But man, a 16' running, 'water ready' (maybe), on a galv trailer w/ decent tires, a recent battery, shift & throttle cables for @$900+/- right at the 'start' of boating season near Erie, PA...?!?!?
:confused:. Must be desperate to sell, he's moving or just needs to clear the way for his 'new' boat..... Maybe less water ready then he says, interior seat bases & cover look like they need a good mold & mildew removal cleaning..

Last edited:

lakelover

Rear Admiral

I bet that will get snapped up. Not a bad run for me, if I were in the market.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

1966 16ft Starcraft runabout, 1978 40 HP Merc, 1989 trailer (Dunkirk, NY) $975

http://erie.craigslist.org/boa/3056109934.html
5Gf5W65Fa3L93J43Nbc648a4291d1cce319ed.jpg

Nice 1966 Starcraft 16 ft aluminum runabout, the hull is in excellent shape for its age -no dents, has 1978 Mercury 40 hp, 1989 Sprint galvanized trailer. New throttle and shift cables in 2011, new battery in 2011. Boat comes with two plastic six gallon gas tanks, anchor. Cockpit cover. Ready to go and get on the lake now. Lightweight package, can be pulled with just about any vehicle.
$975.00 or best offer.

Hmmmm, how far is it to Dunkirk, NY??? 1978 40hp Merc would not be my 1st choice on a 16', even if it's a lightweight tinny, but if it runs.......... Probably not a '66 w/ the pre-65 windshield....

But man, a 16' running, 'water ready' (maybe), on a galv trailer w/ decent tires, a recent battery, shift & throttle cables for @$900+/- right at the 'start' of boating season near Erie, PA...?!?!?
:confused:. Must be desperate to sell, he's moving or just needs to clear the way for his 'new' boat..... Maybe less water ready then he says, interior seat bases & cover look like they need a good mold & mildew removal cleaning..

Back in the day, model year stuff happened.
My '65, has a '66 serial number, but has always been registered as a '65, and Im not about to start a fight with the state.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Back in the day, model year stuff happened. My '65, has a '66 serial number, but has always been registered as a '65, and Im not about to start a fight with the state.

I had the same problem w/ both the Jet & the FireFlite.... Just noted that it may or may not have gotten a replacement windshield or isn't necessarily a 66. Still a floatable running boat, so I'm good w/ it either way:cool:

On a completely different note, too bad I don't 'need' a big water boat or have the tow rig needed to run it all over mountainous WV:

[h=2]** 1964 21' Starcraft Holiday boat ** - $600 (Morgantown,Brookhaven)
5Gb5K25J93K73Je3N7c64207dd544cc34103d.jpg

[/h]
5N65F35M43K33Fa3J1c64ad9ebc0fec561c68.jpg

http://morgantown.craigslist.org/boa/3056493377.html

I had bought this boat to restore and use. Due to never having enough time to work on it im selling it. It needs the transom replaced and there is one soft spot at the back. I have already torn out the old transom. All the pieces are there. The seats are the original seats and are in great condition. This is a very nice boat and i hate to sell it. But i just flat dont have the time for it. It needs to go to someone else who loves starcraft boats as much as i do. The price is firm and i wont haggle over it. I have the clear title in my name. There is no title for the trailer. My wife is a notary so we can take care of the paper work for you. I wont hold the boat and i do not want to trade for anything. If interested then email me with your phone number and i will call you right back. First come first serve. Thanks for reading and have a great day.

I met the guy a few weeks ago, fairly nice, very down home/country fella. Works in the coal mines, & recently hurt his back at work so he's on restricted duty. GAVE me his non running 1973 Johnson 115, from this Holiday, he just wanted it out of his garage, and it was too much for him to work on w/ a hurt back. Said he was looking for a decent 40-50hp to put on it (seems small). And claimed he'd used a 18' Starcraft on Erie & loved it so much he wanted another, just a little bit bigger. Supposedly got the Holiday & 115 Johnson that was on it from the son of the deceased original owner. Interesting to see if that story matches the boat for sale story. He did mention Iboats, but only for reference, he isn't much into computers, told his wife & son what he needed & had them look it up for him:facepalm:

I guess he's decided it's too much of a project to restore w/ an injury. It isn't pretty, doesn't have a motor, (but I know where a non-runner can be found), the trailer's a tad rough, but a '21 Holiday OB that seems complete and overall OK shape..... I already had 3 project boats, and knew that finishing them & getting a new tow rig as well, wasn't going to happen anytime soon, so I didn't even look at it too much..... But I can, if need be.....

Hey EZ, need a new project up your way????:rolleyes:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

64osby

Admiral

I suggested that it was over priced and that I had passed up the one I posted here earlier for the same reason. I asked him to keep my number should he decide to come down, and this is what he sent me " The boat, trailer & motor are in great shape for the year it is. Guess you should have bought the one closer to home. Have a good day."

Perhaps you should not drill dozens of holes in your boat then expect mint $$ for it!!

5 different colors on the inside? Hooks?? Must look great on a trailer, wonder if the're water tight. Good for you for leaving it open, but based on his response I'd say your number just went down.

Too many sellers confuse what they want for their boats vs. what the boat is actually worth.

SO true, it's only worth what someone will pay.

$2,000 worth of manure.

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

64, yeah I doubt he will budge more. Problem is im having a mbs flair up, I kinda sorta REALLY want a Mariner/Star Trek after seeing yours! I was willing to drive the 6 hours each way if the price was right... but yeah, not so much on that! I tried to satisfy my mbs by buying a donor boat, but its not really the same.