Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

JD in Milwaukee

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

There is a 21' or 22' Mariner about 5 minutes away from my house. It has the tower of power on the back and it's on a trailer. If anyone's interested I can inquire more since it is so close. It's been for sale for about 2 months.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

There is a 21' or 22' Mariner about 5 minutes away from my house. It has the tower of power on the back and it's on a trailer. If anyone's interested I can inquire more since it is so close. It's been for sale for about 2 months.

Hmmmmm, ok.

At least find out what it is.

year and hp of motor?

location?

price?

Looks like I will be running down there in a week or two, might as well take a look.

I'd appreciate it.

jacobean 08

Cadet

OK, Chieftan and Roscoe. Took your advice about many things including warning the wife. Hope to "officially' be a member of the Star fleet on Monday evening. Everything looked great so I'm going to take the plunge. Doesn't qualify for the Battleshipp class but tripped my trigger all the same. Thanks for your guidance. Will follow up with you soon.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/boa/3038483469.html

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I saw that. What exactly is coated in FG???

The last picture looks like the Hull is textured maybe, why or how you'd do that I don't know. First thought was glass on the motor but it sure looks stock.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

OK, Chieftan and Roscoe. Took your advice about many things including warning the wife. Hope to "officially' be a member of the Star fleet on Monday evening. Everything looked great so I'm going to take the plunge. Doesn't qualify for the Battleshipp class but tripped my trigger all the same. Thanks for your guidance. Will follow up with you soon.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/boa/3038483469.html

Looks wonderful, should be a nice cruiser.

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

P6030328.jpg

JD kindly stopped and got some info and pics of the Mariner. Looks like its a '73 with a good running 115 Merc of the same year. Interior is in poor shape. The owner drilled and screwed in about 15 little hooks o. Each side of the hull to attached a cover, these are about a foot lower then the rubrail and look HORRENDOUS! I txted the seller and the lowest he will go is $2300 cash (he mentioned the cash part... taking a trick away from my arsenal!) What do y'all think? Im thinking its still way too high, but since he started at $2800 and is "going down to" $2300 im doubting he will get to the $1500-$1600 im thinking of.
P6030324.jpg

JD in Milwaukee

Petty Officer 1st Class

You hit it on the head. I think it would be a good $1500 boat.
View attachment 150138

JD kindly stopped and got some info and pics of the Mariner. Looks like its a '73 with a good running 115 Merc of the same year. Interior is in poor shape. The owner drilled and screwed in about 15 little hooks o. Each side of the hull to attached a cover, these are about a foot lower then the rubrail and look HORRENDOUS! I txted the seller and the lowest he will go is $2300 cash (he mentioned the cash part... taking a trick away from my arsenal!) What do y'all think? Im thinking its still way too high, but since he started at $2800 and is "going down to" $2300 im doubting he will get to the $1500-$1600 im thinking of.
View attachment 150142

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

I suggested that it was over priced and that I had passed up the one I posted here earlier for the same reason. I asked him to keep my number should he decide to come down, and this is what he sent me " The boat, trailer & motor are in great shape for the year it is. Guess you should have bought the one closer to home. Have a good day."

Perhaps you should not drill dozens of holes in your boat then expect mint $$ for it!!

JD in Milwaukee

Petty Officer 1st Class

It's 39 years old. Apparently he does not realize that. I'll keep an eye on it. I bet it will be here for quite a while. We'll see what he says in October when it's still on the lawn!
" The boat, trailer & motor are in great shape for the year it is. Guess you should have bought the one closer to home. Have a good day."

Perhaps you should not drill dozens of holes in your boat then expect mint $$ for it!!

BonairII

Commander

Too many sellers confuse what they want for their boats vs. what the boat is actually worth.