Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

barato2

Commander
Re: Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

I kinda sorta REALLY want a Mariner/Star Trek
so find a suitable donor and build one? more satisfying than buying one and there are far more SSs out there than Mariners. i'm not that impressed with the factory center console; you could build a better one.

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

I kinda sorta REALLY want a Mariner/Star Trek
so find a suitable donor and build one? more satisfying than buying one and there are far more SSs out there than Mariners. i'm not that impressed with the factory center console; you could build a better one.

That's what I've been thinking B2, buy since im looking for a 21' I can't use the SS's im seeing but would have to cut up a Chief or Islander like JD did... not sure I like the idea of slicing a good cabin off! Perhaps I can find a cheap 21' hits trashed and rebuild it. Makes me wish I had kept the Chief last year...

Last edited:

barato2

Commander

i'm trying to be sympathetic, but that line about "the cheapo SSs i'm seeing"..............:rolleyes:

remember that many of us live where a cheapo SS would be a rare and welcome find

dang Michiganians

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

I feel your pain... I lived in ELP for 2 years... now thankfully back in the land of boats and water ;)

JD in Milwaukee

Petty Officer 1st Class

The cabin on my Islander rattled like marbles in a can. It was hot and stuffy in there. I couldn't see doing anything inside that cabin. I believe my 22 Islander CC is a wider hull than a mariner. I know it's deeper.
That's what I've been thinking B2, buy since im looking for a 21' I can't use the SS's im seeing but would have to cut up a Chief or Islander like JD did... not sure I like the idea of slicing a good cabin off! Perhaps I can find a cheap 21' hits trashed and rebuild it. Makes me wish I had kept the Chief last year...

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I had the same problem w/ both the Jet & the FireFlite.... Just noted that it may or may not have gotten a replacement windshield or isn't necessarily a 66. Still a floatable running boat, so I'm good w/ it either way:cool:

On a completely different note, too bad I don't 'need' a big water boat or have the tow rig needed to run it all over mountainous WV:

[h=2]** 1964 21' Starcraft Holiday boat ** - $600 (Morgantown,Brookhaven)
5Gb5K25J93K73Je3N7c64207dd544cc34103d.jpg

[/h]
5N65F35M43K33Fa3J1c64ad9ebc0fec561c68.jpg

http://morgantown.craigslist.org/boa/3056493377.html

I had bought this boat to restore and use. Due to never having enough time to work on it im selling it. It needs the transom replaced and there is one soft spot at the back. I have already torn out the old transom. All the pieces are there. The seats are the original seats and are in great condition. This is a very nice boat and i hate to sell it. But i just flat dont have the time for it. It needs to go to someone else who loves starcraft boats as much as i do. The price is firm and i wont haggle over it. I have the clear title in my name. There is no title for the trailer. My wife is a notary so we can take care of the paper work for you. I wont hold the boat and i do not want to trade for anything. If interested then email me with your phone number and i will call you right back. First come first serve. Thanks for reading and have a great day.

I met the guy a few weeks ago, fairly nice, very down home/country fella. Works in the coal mines, & recently hurt his back at work so he's on restricted duty. GAVE me his non running 1973 Johnson 115, from this Holiday, he just wanted it out of his garage, and it was too much for him to work on w/ a hurt back. Said he was looking for a decent 40-50hp to put on it (seems small). And claimed he'd used a 18' Starcraft on Erie & loved it so much he wanted another, just a little bit bigger. Supposedly got the Holiday & 115 Johnson that was on it from the son of the deceased original owner. Interesting to see if that story matches the boat for sale story. He did mention Iboats, but only for reference, he isn't much into computers, told his wife & son what he needed & had them look it up for him:facepalm:

I guess he's decided it's too much of a project to restore w/ an injury. It isn't pretty, doesn't have a motor, (but I know where a non-runner can be found), the trailer's a tad rough, but a '21 Holiday OB that seems complete and overall OK shape..... I already had 3 project boats, and knew that finishing them & getting a new tow rig as well, wasn't going to happen anytime soon, so I didn't even look at it too much..... But I can, if need be.....

Hey EZ, need a new project up your way????:rolleyes:

Thats a lot of hull for 600...He just started a FOR SALE post here in the SC forum though..tsk tsk

jbcurt00

Staff member

Thats a lot of hull for 600...He just started a FOR SALE post here in the SC forum though..tsk tsk

Ooops.... Oh well, wonder if he spotted my post, it seems his For Sale thread is MIA now.............

It's not an SC, but man, I really need that 11 acres & a pole barn:

1955 Attwood 19ft Aluminum boat - $500 (wooster)

5N35L75Ff3E63L93pac64bb55cee35b8b137f.jpg

http://mansfield.craigslist.org/boa/3057696574.html

This is a 1955 Attwood aluminum boat no title ( lost in probate court when inherited) No motor, does Float no leaks, needs some work selling or trade for $500 OBO same as scrap value which is where its going at the end of the week the 8th of june, was going on the 6th but wont have time till the 8th. I would like to keep the trailer has new tires bearings and lights and wiring. but will throw it in for what i have in it another $150 bucks. 330-2XX-XXX text or call anytime between 10am and 9pm. Can send more specific pics if need be upon request. Open to some trades let me know Not a music fan so no stereo equip please... thanks

Too bad about the title............ In WV that's not a big deal, but for sure in Ohio it is.... I'm not sure but does that look like gold anodizing on the bow cap? I also wonder if it's even an Atwood, I suspect that is coming from the Atwood steering wheel logo:facepalm:. But I like the interior & it's layout. And again w/ another threat to shred vintage tin, and it really doesn't look nearly heavy enough to be $500 in scrap value. But I could be wrong......

64osby

Admiral

C/L shut down Statewidelist, cease and desist, my favorite C/L search site. That just sucks.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

C/L shut down Statewidelist, cease and desist, my favorite C/L search site. That just sucks.

I use Search Tempest where I can select a distance from my zip code and Craiggers for state/city searches. Well for as long as they last anyway. I've been seeing some changes in search results lately which I've assumed was because CL was making it difficult for CL search sites. I wish CL just had better ways of searching.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

So what is this one? Customized splash well, or something I am unfamiliar with?
Seller not very forthcoming with information other than saying its an 18' Starcraft.

A bit high at $2000.

001 boat.jpg

003  boat.jpg

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I haven't seen a splashwell with a rounded front like that one. It looks like two newer Mercs and I see a CMC TnT. Is that a HIN tag on the transom ('72 or later), but the windshield looks like a much earlier model. It's a Frankencraft without much in the way of an interior. Don't these owners have any paperwork for their boats?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Honestly, I'm not sure its a Starcraft.
Thinking it may be a late 60's Mirrocraft.
THe entire transom looks suspect.

The motors and trailer have me interested.

Boar is currently registered, so there should be paperwork, but may not be accurate.
I asked the seller 4 questions.
Got zero answers, just the photos.

GameOnSalmon

Seaman Apprentice

Honestly, I'm not sure its a Starcraft.
Thinking it may be a late 60's Mirrocraft.
THe entire transom looks suspect.

The motors and trailer have me interested.

Boar is currently registered, so there should be paperwork, but may not be accurate.
I asked the seller 4 questions.
Got zero answers, just the photos.

I agree with Roscoe on this one... Sure looks like a mirrorcraft... That splashwell tub IS HUGE.. u could park a semi truck in there, and i could leave all my Keeper Sturgeon in there on ICE.. Sheeshhh.. No need for a Cooler on the Back.. and that SOLID BLUE has got to Go... Electric dance slide is out... Just sayin Guys...

On another Note Roscoe... Those motors if running good worth about 1k... The props look well well used though, like lots of hours, The Hijacker plate on the back of the 70HP is about $600 New and $300 to $400 used... not sure why its on there though. With that being said, the used value of Motors and Jackplate $1300 So anywhere between $1k and $1500 would probably be a good deal on that one, though for me... $1100 would be my high dollar as i think the motors are suspect to a lotta hours... Food for thought... I mean i just got a 73 Donor boat tonight with Magellan, Fish Finder, Lowarance, Marine Radio... and Great running 165 IL 6 Engine with a Marginal Outdrive... with Nice bimini Top, Calkins Galvanized trailer in excellent condition and some other goodies for $ 450 so those deals are out there...

The engine is going in my Immaculate 22' 1976 Holiday that i bought last week with a Cracked Block, got that boat for $1k and its in mint condition... Hope that stirs the pot some...

Robert

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

Thanks JD - Not quite as clean but works all the same.

http://up.craigslist.org/boa/3055694372.html This is for 73Chief

I agree as to statewidelist... dang it sucks not being able to use it!

As to the boat 64, sa-weeeeeeeet! 45 mph eh..... even better! ;) Its pushing the upper end of what I wanted to spend, but we will see.... and get approval by S.T.B. Mrs. Chief....

One question though, I though Mariners were 21' or within inches of 21' but this says 19'6"?

Two questions actually, it looks to be in good shape but original. What is your opinion as to the price he is asking? Sounds somewhat flexible, I'm sure if the floor or transom is soft its more flex room for me to negotiate... :D

Last edited:

GameOnSalmon

Seaman Apprentice

I agree as to statewidelist... dang it sucks not being able to use it!

As to the boat 64, sa-weeeeeeeet! 45 mph eh..... even better! ;) Now to check the bank account.... and get approval by S.T.B. Mrs. Chief....

One question though, I though Mariners were 21' or within inches of 21' but this says 19'6"?

Chieftan,
I use search tempest a lot, and it works great... If you use all Feature... You can go say 750 mile radius from your zip code type in your specs....for search like Starcraft Mariner ... Then click on each of the cities in the search bar usually about a 100 get excellent search results and you will never miss a boat.. thats how i found the DONOR Boat tonight that had been on CL for 2 hours...

Searchtempest.com is the link up

Robert